• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸DANGEROUS Drug Combos⫷

Does anyone here know if there are any potential life-threatening risks in taking MDMA whilst on the prescription medication Omeprazole. I've searched the FSE and there's nothing there pertaining to this particular combo, however it seems Omeprazole does inhibit liver enzymes, according to a reply to a question relating to opiates: "....... Omeprazole only weakly inhibits it and is much more powerful an inhibitor of a different enzyme CYP2C19".

I'm not sure if this enzyme is implicated in the breakdown of MDMA and my question is about the likelihood of serotonin syndrome from such a combo.

Any help would be much appreciated.

One time I OD'd off what I think was either acetylfentanyl, U-47700, or carfentanil even, not sure. The dealer swears it was just heroin. If it was it was highly cut with one of those "super opiates".

Anyway, I fell out and woke up and I guess i fell out with one leg straight out, and my other leg I was sitting on.

I woke up and my right leg was completely asleep and would not wake up. I was worried there was permanent nerve damage and that I may lose my right leg. Luckily after that day, my leg returned to normal. Scary stuff.

As for dangerous drug combos benzos + opiates/alcohol , and mixing multiple serotonergic drugs like fentanyl, zoloft, paxil, prozac, dxm, methadone even, effexor, etc... put you in danger of serotonin syndrome, and the benzos+opiates/alcohol combo put you in danger of respiratory depression causing you to stop breathing. Both conditions are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND CAN BE OFTEN DEADLY.

Hope this post helps. I know i may have posted about this a while back on the previous page, but since the thread is active again, it doesn't hurt to post again. Be safe everybody and RESEARCH YOUR DRUGS BEFORE USING THEM.
Do you have any idea if it’s just as dangerous to mix heroin and Effexor as it is when alcohol is thrown into the mix? And what about amounts of each? For example, what if someone takes 75 mgs of Effexor and snorts about half a g of heroin that same day, and that’s roughly on a daily basis for about a year?

I use to be on phenobarbital 25mg 4 times daily and they are much more euphoric then benzos and fell really relaxing but I'd say it's 10x more dangerous then benzos to mix barbiturates with alcohol or opioids/opiates.
Is phenobarbital as addictive as a benzo, such as Valium or Xanax? I’ve heard from several different sources that the withdrawal symptoms from benzos are much worse than just about anything else, including heroin and OxyContin, and that they last much longer, as well.

Is phenobarbital as addictive as a benzo, such as Valium or Xanax? I’ve heard from several different sources that the withdrawal symptoms from benzos are much worse than just about anything else, including heroin and OxyContin, and that they last much longer, as well.
Yes way more addictive and euphoric it's scary strong to cause you can just od on just taking "barbies" and no other substance with them.

I've done opiate withdrawal twice once was diluadids which was week of flu and a week of mental problems the 2nd was with suboxone 1 month withdrawal, now I'm currently back on opiates on methadone rn

I've been taking benzos and barbies which has been 4 years everyday and 6 years total I've expermented with benzos and barbies, and I've yet to quit I've had 4 seizures from them, you can't sleep even tho you so tired benzo withdrawal is way worse then opiate withdrawal, I cant bare it your brain feels like it's comprising,u can't think straight you feel like you can't breathe properly and the rebound anxiety is horrid, there's a few times being off benzos I accepted that I was gonna die from the withdrawal and the doctors told me it will take me over a year for my gabaA receptors to fully heal, and that's not including the taper off them.

Last edited:
Holy Shit My friends! I am lucky I am alive today.
DO NOT EVER mix Gabapentin with doxylamine (Unisom)!
That shit almost put me in a coma and caused major and I mean major stomachache pain.

I was getting desperate for a good, at least five hours of sleep without It being all broken up into an hour here and two hours there.

Again DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT mix these two drugs EVER!!!

damn, I gotta go have some caffeine. I am slowly coming around. Be patient with me on the P.M’s my friends, I am getting there slowly but surely. Gotta sort myself out.

in few words, avoid arrylcyclohexamines and opiates in any quantity. avoid adding alcohol. avoid gabapentin, lyrica, baclofen, and phenibut with opiates. these stupidities have almost dispatched(thanks bear grills) me in the past. benzos add extra death to these combos as well. it's just too easy to die with these. no matter how much control you think you have over the situation, it only takes 1 screw up.

on the other hand, arrylcyclohexamines add an incredible element to a tryptamine or phenethylamine trip. downers can take the edge off stims and visa versa... it bothers me when people say "you took an upper, why would you take a downer too? what are you trying to accomplish?" like they cancel each other out completely... they don't. they can help curb the side effects of each other and allow for larger doses, but that comes with it's own potential peril. In addition, Halcion is a motherfuck... if you ever come across this sledge hammer of a benzo, beware... I was taking around 1mg of clonazepam/day when i got the triazolam, so there was a little tolerance, but i'd still get a significant effect from 2-3mgs... i don't rememeber exactly how much halcion i was taking, it's been a while now, but i wanna say 8-12mgs, which was 1 tablet from some foreign country, and BAM! amnesia, randomness, odd autopilot... Then the stupid idea of throwing an opiate into the mix was... well, a stupid idea.

I've, quite unfortinately - since i'd like to view myself as a somewhat intelligent, aware, learned, and versed individual - have had a number of close calls from mixing drugs.... I do my homework, i generally understand the essence of the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics involved... but that little freaking voice inside that is so hard to sate at times has led me astray despite having the technical knowledge to "know better"

It also must be noted that one's judgement can be impaired along the way as one moves across thier timeline. i.e., i might know better than to do a couple bags of dope along with 3-ho-pcp and alcohol, for instance. But not long ago, i was waiting for dope to be dropped off at a certain point, but waiting for it at a friends house resulted in me drinking 2-3 natty daddy tall boys and doing roughly 8-12mgs 3-ho-pcp... And i know that i can't really just get dope and not get stuck being fixated on doing it the instant i get it. And i know i'm not the only one with that sentiment... that said, i really shouldn't have drank more than maybe 1 tall boy and i shouldnt have done the dissociative, knowing that when the dope finally went thru, i'd do it...

unfortunately, warming up with alcohol and 3-ho absolutely clouded my judgement in retrospect. So when the dope came thru, i did my normal amount... then 5 mins later, when i wasn't feeling it yet, i took more, then 5 mins later i guess i decided to finish all 3 of the bags(twas strong shit), tho i don't remember after that. I didn't have to be narcanned that night, thank god, but i ruined a friendship and likely started some malignant gossip about me that'll spread thru my area like gangbusters. But it brings up yet another point(likely the final one for this post)

I dont know if anyone else has experienced this, but there have been occasions, infrequently, where i guess i get high a little too gradually on dope, and don't notice the effects prominantly enough to realize how high i am, so i remain convinced that i'm not getting an effect... mentally. But it certainly turns out that the physioligical effects of the drug are present. cuz i've kinda blacked out on a few occasions and, apparently, continued to do the dope far beyond what i would've taken, had my conscious brain been in charge. This, obviously, points directly toward overdose. But i don't even realize i've done it. it just turns out later that all my bags are empty, tho i have no memory of doing most of it. I am very regtrettful and ashamed that this can happen to me, considering the experience i have, the knowledge i've encrued, the tolerances i've had, etc. In fact, this is the first time i'm mentioning it to anyone other than my wife. has anyone else had this danvgerous experience? of sort-of blacking out and doing all of your opiate on autopilot, without realizing? it's not a common occurance, but it's proven quite dangerous when it does happen.

I do attribute some of these deleterious effects to a regular background dose of phenibut, which acts as a selective calcium channel blocker like gabapentin,and so it seriously potentiates opiates. It's an addiction i've been working on, but that i still take daily at around 2g/day. i don't feel the phenibut, except maybe to aleviate the symptoms of withdrawal if i take it too late. But i know that phenibut is a major, and potentially very dangerous, porentiator of opiates. The effects of the combo are unpredictable, and seem to be able to lead to the formation of an isolated bubble of consciousness that can deflate quiite easily into death. I had been taking phenibut for 7 months, and no longer get any noticable drug effect from anything resembling a reasonable dose. so i would've thought that taking a dose on the low end of my spectrum, one that merely aleviates withdrawal and loosens mood. I woulndt have expected it to have the significant effect that it does. Even with doses that barely meet my threshold for dependance, there's still a significant effect on the effect of any opiates. It does not seem to be consistant in it's potentiation. Both strength and timing become wild cards with phenibut, or any gabapentanoid, So my final point here is, i guess, that all gabapnetenoids; gabapnetin, pregabalin, baclofen, and phenibut; are very dangerous when combined with opiates. The effect is not predictable, reliable or consistant, controllable, or safe. I know a lot of people are trying to potentiate opiates with these drugs, but i sincerely beg that you do not attempt this. your own biochemistry, at that time on that day, effect the manifestation of the gabby's effect. this is subtle. But it seems to me, from this reporter's opinion, and those of many others, that the net effect of an opiate and gabapentenoid on one's totality is far too idiosynchratic to be intelligent. In closing, please heed my advice and avoid mixing these in any gabapentenoid with opiates... and have some good, clean fun... like giving your dog a rim-job while covered in apple pie... Oh, your not american? well then, a rim job with cayenne pepper if your in mexico, rim job and mozeralla in italy, gnocchi and rim job in poland, In Russia - a rim-job while reading Dostoevsky, doggy rim-job in france simmering in a cream and butter sauce... leaving residue on your tiny mustache.... just beware of germany, make sure your dog is a pure-bread since they have strict "purity" standards.... cheers

Last edited:
Oh, and pls dont die. Your existance is significant and has an effect on those around you, those that you forget care about you. Whoever you are, whatever life you lead, someone cares about you, and your actions, esp when they can potentially end your life, are relevant. Please think before you act when taking drugs that can end you. you are special in your own way and someone cares about you... hell, i care about you and i have no idea who's reading this... So wise up kids... that's my main concern... may it be your's too if you choose to fuck around.

I hope it’s already been touched on, and I’d assume so too due to it being pretty well known as a deadly combo, but -
•Benzos & opiates/opioids
•Benzos & alcohol
•Basically doubling up on any 2 depressants
•Though fun, & my personal favorite combo, cocaine & heroin (or other opiates/opioids)

Some say that MDMA and meth are bad but I've taken MDMA and smoked meth a few times now without ill effects. Is it truly bad for me?

I once whilst drunk had the brilliant idea of trying to kill myself.

8mg of buprenorphine + 30x10mg temazepam and about 3 grams of lyrica whilst extremely drunk.

I woke up 36 hours later (or at least that is about how much time I lost) to my ex banging on my door, I couldn't feel my legs and had to drag myself using my arms. My big toe was also missing a huge piece and I had to check it out at a hospital about a week later cause it started looking really nasty. Sorry if wrong place for a personal story.

Point being - Please never combine opiates/oids with pregabalin and alcohol.

I once whilst drunk had the brilliant idea of trying to kill myself.

8mg of buprenorphine + 30x10mg temazepam and about 3 grams of lyrica whilst extremely drunk.

I woke up 36 hours later (or at least that is about how much time I lost) to my ex banging on my door, I couldn't feel my legs and had to drag myself using my arms. My big toe was also missing a huge piece and I had to check it out at a hospital about a week later cause it started looking really nasty. Sorry if wrong place for a personal story.

Point being - Please never combine opiates/oids with pregabalin and alcohol.

It wasn't your time to go, one night I tried to od I ate 30 Xanax bars and took 60mg of diluadids and a .1 of heroin, in one day this was my height of addiction,
I was just so depressed that day all I remember was just nodding in and out then nothing blackout for a day and felt the xans and opiates for a day after cause I think I took so much my body built up to it,
but I thought I was a goner but my ex/good friend to this day had a narcan and positioned me the right way and watched over me the whole time god bless her and layed with me made sure I had a puke bag or and ice cold water.

At the time I could take 10-15 xan bars with .2-.3 of Heroin or 10-15mg of dilaudids I'm so happy my tolorence is not that high, and I haven't done heroin or diluadids since October been on methadone since I get prescibed Valium and alprazolam/Xanax cause I'm so depended on them I had 5 seizures from withdrawal from them.

I'm currently on 95mg methadone and 2.5mg of Xanax daily and 10mg of Valium twice daily as needed and 0.2mg of Clonidine also twice daily a day

It wasn't your time to go, one night I tried to od I ate 30 Xanax bars and took 60mg of diluadids and a .1 of heroin, in one day this was my height of addiction,
I was just so depressed that day all I remember was just nodding in and out then nothing blackout for a day and felt the xans and opiates for a day after cause I think I took so much my body built up to it,
but I thought I was a goner but my ex/good friend to this day had a narcan and positioned me the right way and watched over me the whole time god bless her and layed with me made sure I had a puke bag or and ice cold water.

At the time I could take 10-15 xan bars with .2-.3 of Heroin or 10-15mg of dilaudids I'm so happy my tolorence is not that high, and I haven't done heroin or diluadids since October been on methadone since I get prescibed Valium and alprazolam/Xanax cause I'm so depended on them I had 5 seizures from withdrawal from them.

I'm currently on 95mg methadone and 2.5mg of Xanax daily and 10mg of Valium twice daily as needed and 0.2mg of Clonidine also twice daily a day
Good that you had someone to look out for you! and good job on staying away from the horse <3 All the best to you :)

And you are right, due to not dying I ended up living longer, finding my current gf and getting engaged and moving in together.

But yeah I have played with my life a lot with really stupid combos, somehow I have survived.

Good that you had someone to look out for you! and good job on staying away from the horse <3 All the best to you :)

And you are right, due to not dying I ended up living longer, finding my current gf and getting engaged and moving in together.

But yeah I have played with my life a lot with really stupid combos, somehow I have survived.
Realshit I think there's angels watching all of us always

Just spent the last 24h doing valium, drinking, ,but above all snorting coke and speed until I thought I was ODing. Don't take your valium before but after you're done using. If you use valium and keep using you enter the danger zone.

in few words, avoid arrylcyclohexamines and opiates in any quantity. avoid adding alcohol. avoid gabapentin, lyrica, baclofen, and phenibut with opiates. these stupidities have almost dispatched(thanks bear grills) me in the past. benzos add extra death to these combos as well. it's just too easy to die with these. no matter how much control you think you have over the situation, it only takes 1 screw up.

on the other hand, arrylcyclohexamines add an incredible element to a tryptamine or phenethylamine trip. downers can take the edge off stims and visa versa... it bothers me when people say "you took an upper, why would you take a downer too? what are you trying to accomplish?" like they cancel each other out completely... they don't. they can help curb the side effects of each other and allow for larger doses, but that comes with it's own potential peril. In addition, Halcion is a motherfuck... if you ever come across this sledge hammer of a benzo, beware... I was taking around 1mg of clonazepam/day when i got the triazolam, so there was a little tolerance, but i'd still get a significant effect from 2-3mgs... i don't rememeber exactly how much halcion i was taking, it's been a while now, but i wanna say 8-12mgs, which was 1 tablet from some foreign country, and BAM! amnesia, randomness, odd autopilot... Then the stupid idea of throwing an opiate into the mix was... well, a stupid idea.

I've, quite unfortinately - since i'd like to view myself as a somewhat intelligent, aware, learned, and versed individual - have had a number of close calls from mixing drugs.... I do my homework, i generally understand the essence of the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics involved... but that little freaking voice inside that is so hard to sate at times has led me astray despite having the technical knowledge to "know better"

It also must be noted that one's judgement can be impaired along the way as one moves across thier timeline. i.e., i might know better than to do a couple bags of dope along with 3-ho-pcp and alcohol, for instance. But not long ago, i was waiting for dope to be dropped off at a certain point, but waiting for it at a friends house resulted in me drinking 2-3 natty daddy tall boys and doing roughly 8-12mgs 3-ho-pcp... And i know that i can't really just get dope and not get stuck being fixated on doing it the instant i get it. And i know i'm not the only one with that sentiment... that said, i really shouldn't have drank more than maybe 1 tall boy and i shouldnt have done the dissociative, knowing that when the dope finally went thru, i'd do it...

unfortunately, warming up with alcohol and 3-ho absolutely clouded my judgement in retrospect. So when the dope came thru, i did my normal amount... then 5 mins later, when i wasn't feeling it yet, i took more, then 5 mins later i guess i decided to finish all 3 of the bags(twas strong shit), tho i don't remember after that. I didn't have to be narcanned that night, thank god, but i ruined a friendship and likely started some malignant gossip about me that'll spread thru my area like gangbusters. But it brings up yet another point(likely the final one for this post)

I dont know if anyone else has experienced this, but there have been occasions, infrequently, where i guess i get high a little too gradually on dope, and don't notice the effects prominantly enough to realize how high i am, so i remain convinced that i'm not getting an effect... mentally. But it certainly turns out that the physioligical effects of the drug are present. cuz i've kinda blacked out on a few occasions and, apparently, continued to do the dope far beyond what i would've taken, had my conscious brain been in charge. This, obviously, points directly toward overdose. But i don't even realize i've done it. it just turns out later that all my bags are empty, tho i have no memory of doing most of it. I am very regtrettful and ashamed that this can happen to me, considering the experience i have, the knowledge i've encrued, the tolerances i've had, etc. In fact, this is the first time i'm mentioning it to anyone other than my wife. has anyone else had this danvgerous experience? of sort-of blacking out and doing all of your opiate on autopilot, without realizing? it's not a common occurance, but it's proven quite dangerous when it does happen.

I do attribute some of these deleterious effects to a regular background dose of phenibut, which acts as a selective calcium channel blocker like gabapentin,and so it seriously potentiates opiates. It's an addiction i've been working on, but that i still take daily at around 2g/day. i don't feel the phenibut, except maybe to aleviate the symptoms of withdrawal if i take it too late. But i know that phenibut is a major, and potentially very dangerous, porentiator of opiates. The effects of the combo are unpredictable, and seem to be able to lead to the formation of an isolated bubble of consciousness that can deflate quiite easily into death. I had been taking phenibut for 7 months, and no longer get any noticable drug effect from anything resembling a reasonable dose. so i would've thought that taking a dose on the low end of my spectrum, one that merely aleviates withdrawal and loosens mood. I woulndt have expected it to have the significant effect that it does. Even with doses that barely meet my threshold for dependance, there's still a significant effect on the effect of any opiates. It does not seem to be consistant in it's potentiation. Both strength and timing become wild cards with phenibut, or any gabapentanoid, So my final point here is, i guess, that all gabapnetenoids; gabapnetin, pregabalin, baclofen, and phenibut; are very dangerous when combined with opiates. The effect is not predictable, reliable or consistant, controllable, or safe. I know a lot of people are trying to potentiate opiates with these drugs, but i sincerely beg that you do not attempt this. your own biochemistry, at that time on that day, effect the manifestation of the gabby's effect. this is subtle. But it seems to me, from this reporter's opinion, and those of many others, that the net effect of an opiate and gabapentenoid on one's totality is far too idiosynchratic to be intelligent. In closing, please heed my advice and avoid mixing these in any gabapentenoid with opiates... and have some good, clean fun... like giving your dog a rim-job while covered in apple pie... Oh, your not american? well then, a rim job with cayenne pepper if your in mexico, rim job and mozeralla in italy, gnocchi and rim job in poland, In Russia - a rim-job while reading Dostoevsky, doggy rim-job in france simmering in a cream and butter sauce... leaving residue on your tiny mustache.... just beware of germany, make sure your dog is a pure-bread since they have strict "purity" standards.... cheers
i just need to take the moment to thank you for this post. i’ve been an on and off opiate user for 6 years or so, but recently made the push to fight whatever was causing me to hold on tightly to opiates in the first place.

this led me to seeing a doctor who put me on a mix of Effexor and gabapentin for my anxiety. i believe she started me on these because i was clear that i didn’t want benzos for fear of abusing them.

to make a long story short, i had a brief relapse on H, probably 8 days or so, and in the latter days, i kept having blackouts like you mentioned. i’m talking weird ass blackouts where i come out of it completely naked with my apartment torn to shreds. i didn’t think enough to realize that the gabas were potentiating the H.

the meds have actually helped me a lot, so this is just another reason on a list of many not to slip up.

Just spent the last 24h doing valium, drinking, ,but above all snorting coke and speed until I thought I was ODing. Don't take your valium before but after you're done using. If you use valium and keep using you enter the danger zone.
Or don't take the stimulant if you want a benzo buzz, just use it so you don't "carpet farm" term I say in the trap house for people picking up white chunks of shit that look like blow or crack and try to snort it or smoke lmao,

but popping benzos 10mins before ur last line of coke will be a blessing so u don't get uncomfortable an fiend for more, and thinking u have more coke stashed somewhere and rip apart there place to find it it's annoying not my scene anymore,
I do uppers like MDMA crystals and estacy pills here and there but I'm so happy my coke days are over such a waste of money.
It's funny people think it's a social drug it's not everyone just talks over each other and don't let anyone else talk so u got a bunch of base heads all talking at once it's annoying asfuck, or the paranoia an the whispering omg I don't wanna get start on that fucking bullshit

Nice idea my man! This can be a place where GL's and BL's can make inquiries as to the safety of certain combinations as well. While we have a potentiation megathread already, maybe we can add a section on that too, in case someone accidentally and unknowingly drinks a cup of WGF juice before their usual deadly cocktail of CNS depressants and dies. In all seriousness though, that might be beneficial.

What I'm interested in (just out of curiosity) is whether a drug like Gabapentin or Lyrica would really be classified as CNS depressants, and if they could really cause an overdose if someone say, took a high dose of gabapentin with their usual dosage of Oxycodone.

I found this:

Which basically says that it exhibits similarities to both stimulants and depressants. The fact that it raises blood pressure, makes me wonder further whether a gabapentin/opiate combo could result in an overdose. I know Lyrica is stronger and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't suffer from the self limiting qualities that Gabapentin does (the reduced bioavailibility at higher dosages), however I'm still curious about that one too.

One dangerous combination that I just thought of also is using methamphetamine/amphetamine in concurrence with asthma inhalers, I'm thinking specifically albuterol sulfate. I know that an overdose of albuterol is possibly by itself and can result in a heart attack, and I can only imagine what adding speed or cocaine could do.

I know a girl who uses Albuterol, that they give you for breathing treatments, as a liquid to break down her glass to shoot it... So this amazes me that she's not dead

I am a poor metabolizer of CYP2D6 and I wish I had known before taking someone else's recommended dose of DXM about that. Blacked out a day and had felonies hanging over me 6 mo. or so later when picked up by the law for something I did that night in a hospital that I don't remember getting out of: apparently I assaulted three hospital security. Similar black outs with Ativan and heroin, some white on West coast U.S. so could've just been fentanyl in it but I doubt that as it wasn't only time getting it.

blow...
It's funny people think it's a social drug it's not everyone just talks over each other and don't let anyone else talk so u got a bunch of base heads all talking at once it's annoying asfuck, or the paranoia an the whispering omg I don't wanna get start on that fucking bullshit
Don't you ever get the quiet ones who sit and listen? You have to arrange them tactfully.

Tramadol and carisoprodol is super dangerous, well, carisoprodol is danger on its own, a few days ago I thought I would overdose because of my slow breathing, I fell asleep on the couch and my mother said she thought I was not breathing, I don't know I only fell asleep for 30 minutes, I guess I was lucky, I won't mix them again