• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

❤️ RIP aihfl ❤️

UGH. I have actually looked for posts from him recently, as I noticed he hadn't been posting. He helped me tremendously over the years. I had many interactions and conversations with Ai. I am devastated. RIP, friend. May you be winning trivia night in heaven. RIP.

GODDAMNIT!!!!

I was so sorry to log on and see this post. I have been with BL for a few years and this is the first person who has passed that I knew from posting on the Health and Recovery forums. He was awesome and I’m deeply saddened by his passing. I didn’t know him well, but I do know he changed lives.

To all of you who were personally close to AI, my condolences. To everyone - be safe and try to find some joy in this life. It’s what I saw AI struggle for through the years and what he would want (so far as I know). I’m going to take my dog for a walk and have a few moments of silence to honor him and all the others who have gone before/after him.

Love to all that are suffering with this loss.

- VE

These threads always break my heart a little more. Rest in peace compatriot.

Is it shitty of me to want to know what happened and how he died? I would really like to know.

If it's in poor taste to ask, fine, I guess I understand, but I think it's only natural to want to know. I'm more than curious. I was very much impressed with aihfl's runs of continuous sobriety – his experiences and lessons helped me a great deal, in particular with my alcohol misuse. We had PM'd quite a few times and I opened up to him.

Perhaps we can also learn something from his passing. If someone knows and a PM is a more appropriate, I thank you.

omg this is terrible. i just read this right now.
I REMEMBER HIM.

♡ RIP ♡

Is it shitty of me to want to know what happened and how he died? I would really like to know.

If it's in poor taste to ask, fine, I guess I understand, but I think it's only natural to want to know. I'm more than curious. I was very much impressed with aihfl's runs of continuous sobriety – his experiences and lessons helped me a great deal, in particular with my alcohol misuse. We had PM'd quite a few times and I opened up to him.

Perhaps we can also learn something from his passing. If someone knows and a PM is a more appropriate, I thank you.

I don't think it's inherently shitty of you to want to know. I agree that it's natural to want to know, to try and make some kind of sense out of it when someone seems to die so senselessly.

I don't think it's in poor taste to ask, only to continue asking when its been decided not to reveal the details. Perhaps there's a reason we haven't been told how it happened.

In the end it doesn't matter though. I think it's very understandable to want to know what happened. I do too. But I think we need to assume there's a reason we haven't been told, and respect that.

We just don't know what happened. It wasn't mentioned in the obituary or any news articles. No conspiracy of silence

Terrible news...he had alot of knowledge. He gave me amazing advice and peace of mind while i was struggling with an alcohol dependency. I wish he could have continued to share his stories and advice with the rest of the world. Best wishes to you and your family my BL brother!

He took the time to reach out and offer me advice on a couple of posts I wrote. I appreciated his compassion--alcoholism is not discussed here often. RIP. Sad to hear of his passing.

I'm very sorry to hear this about him. He was going through some legal problems related to DUI and making an honest attempt at getting clean. I talked to him in the sober living forums a few times while i was also trying to get clean. Without knowing the reason of his passing, I guess its likely a result of how we as a society treat people with addiction problems. We need to do better. How many ruined lives will it take to realize?:cry:

I only opened BL this morning because I got an email notification that I had a PM. What tragic, incomprehensible news. I had so much respect for aihfl--always honest about every aspect of the roller-coaster ride, always compassionate and empathetic. Losing way too many of the sensitive. My heart is full of gratitude for all those still trying to shine the healing blue light out to those in dark places; it is always potent, always important, even in the face of death.

EPL1, I am so sorry for your loss of a true friend. Take good care of yourself.<3

Thank you @herbavore, I am touched by your comment, you are very kind and a wonderful person.

Take care,
your friend,
Ash.

I only opened BL this morning because I got an email notification that I had a PM. What tragic, incomprehensible news. I had so much respect for aihfl--always honest about every aspect of the roller-coaster ride, always compassionate and empathetic. Losing way too many of the sensitive. My heart is full of gratitude for all those still trying to shine the healing blue light out to those in dark places; it is always potent, always important, even in the face of death.

EPL1, I am so sorry for your loss of a true friend. Take good care of yourself.<3

Love you forever Herby! <3 Your words helped me more than you know.

Yeah same, it's great to see you here again herbivore. Even if it's under such sad circumstances.

I am a close friend of aihfl. I want to let everyone here know that he died of natural causes, a heart attack while he was alone at his condo. I am heartbroken. I’m so moved by the comments posted here in response to his death. He would have loved to have known what a difference he was making in people’s lives.