• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

I had this weird dream I got some coke (been sober months). Then me and two guys were like at a pub or something talking and one of them was mouthing off about the dealer and saying he wasn’t scared of him but I was like “he’s not going to kill YOU, he’s going to kill ME for telling you!” 🤷🏻‍♀️

Then later on a horse picked me up and put me on it’s back, but I was horizontal, and terrified I’d fall off if I tried to reposition the right way. Haha.

Last dream I had was january 6th. For the past 2 years I've just been murdered in every dream I have. I can't recall a dream not being horrifying.
On the 6th of january, machetes were the weapons of choice.

Fucking sleep-terror.

Last dream I had was january 6th. For the past 2 years I've just been murdered in every dream I have. I can't recall a dream not being horrifying.
On the 6th of january, machetes were the weapons of choice.
Oh man, that sux. I've been plagued with nightmares, night terrors and sleep paralysis my entire life. I've done so much research on them that it's helped a lot, especially lucid dreaming. When I can realize that it's only a dream, at least I have some control over it. Even if I can't change the scenery or wake myself up, I can at least "ride it out" until it subsides.

Even so, I've had some pretty scary ones. There was one a few years ago where an angry mob was chasing me through town and I could actually feel them physically stabbing me. Maybe try rehearsing them in your mind during waking hours and think of how you might handle them in the future. A little bit of mental conditioning goes a long way but it takes time.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

Oh man, that sux. I've been plagued with nightmares, night terrors and sleep paralysis my entire life. I've done so much research on them that it's helped a lot, especially lucid dreaming. When I can realize that it's only a dream, at least I have some control over it. Even if I can't change the scenery or wake myself up, I can at least "ride it out" until it subsides.

Even so, I've had some pretty scary ones. There was one a few years ago where an angry mob was chasing me through town and I could actually feel them physically stabbing me. Maybe try rehearsing them in your mind during waking hours and think of how you might handle them in the future. A little bit of mental conditioning goes a long way but it takes time.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer
THank you man, for that. Warms me in the mid-bleak winter.

I've always had trouble falling asleep, for as long as I can remember. But a few dire mistakes made sleep a horror; for a long time, I felt more dread about going to bed than actually being caught and slaughtered.
And yeah, I feel it physically in almost everyone. Thank god for Valium, Kratom and hash. Though I'm tapering the Valium, and I'm scared shitless of sweating it out.
Fuck.

Before this, I also did some lucid dreaming. Used to meditate alot. Amazing stuff, gotta pick it up.

I've been using Klonopin the past few nights to fall asleep so I don't remember any dreams, but I'm tapering myself back off of it so I'm sure they'll return.

I also picked up some supplements (melatonin, valerian root extract, etc.) that are not only supposed to help with sleep but promote dreaming as well, so I'm looking forward to some good nights! :D

I had a dream where I was walking home in the snow, and suddenly a snowman comes to life and stomps me into a pancake on the sidewalk.

I only remember a few brief dream snippets from the last couple of nights...

- I was going to wear an old Bugle Boy brand shirt that I had over 20 years ago.

- Our old neighbor's kitty died and my mom wanted my dad to bury it but he was too upset to.

- I went to karaoke with my ex-fiancee and wondered why I was still with her.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

ssri meds gave me horrible dreams. Couldnt sleep right. Had to stop that shit, shame cause at times it felt like I truly felt some euphoria off them.

Wow, I need to get caught up on these here. I'll just give the highlights from my handwritten notes...

Feb 5-6, 2021:

- My dad worked at my old office job and a receptionist named Rose (nobody in real life) told me to put a "Kick Me" sign on his back as a joke.

- I saw a kitty that didn't have lips so all of its teeth were showing. It creeped me out and I also felt bad for it.

- I started coughing in public from eating crushed hot pepper seeds and assured some guy that I didn't have COVID.

Feb 6-7, 2021:

- My ex-fiancee had talked me into moving to somewhere in Africa with her, then she left me stranded in the middle of the jungle all alone.

- I went to the supermarket for sweets (cookies and pudding specifically), but everything contained dairy products and I'm vegan.

Feb 7-8, 2021:

- Jean-Phillipe from "Hell's Kitchen" was hosting some kind of improv comedy show and I went up to do a skit.

- I was showering in the house where I grew up and found a bunch of old shampoos from the 1970's.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I'm still a couple of nights behind on these here...

Feb 8-9, 2021: "Alcohol/Glen Campbell"

It was early morning and I was in my room of the house where I grew up. I wanted to drink a few beers but didn't want my mom too see it. One of my old desk drawers was filled with outdated Twisted Tea bottles and she made me dispose of them all. I still had four 25oz beers in the fridge but wanted her to leave before I drank any. She accused me of being an alcoholic and made me raise a (closed) pint of 100-proof Majorska vodka to my lips to see if I was having "the shakes" from DT's.

I found and old late-1970's vinyl l.p. where Glen Campbell and 3 other dudes dressed up like the Kiss "Destroyer" album. Later I saw him passing out in the back of a van after shooting heroin and his friends left a note on the rear window saying that they were unable to wake him but that he still seemed to be alive.

There was also an old photo from an album that Glen Campbell's brother put out that showed him covered in some kind of warts/growths/boils, and he was very embarrassed about it.

(Before bed I was reading a Glen Campbell bio, plus I saw an old pic of Franz Liszt with small warts on his face. Not sure where the Kiss and heroin references came from.)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Last edited by a moderator:
This dream was pretty vivid; I'll try not to make it too long...

Feb 9-10, 2021: "Bee Gees, Cousin, Diner"

I was singing out on the streets with Barry and Robin Gibb from the Bee Gees, but they had a disagreement and I got kicked out of their band as a result! It hurt my feelings.

I ended up hanging out with my male cousin who is in the military and he was having an affair (or about to) with some young woman who was based in a small fort on a pier that ran from the local beach out into the water. I warned him to be careful because she had a boyfriend who was also in the armed forces.

I got hired to work at the local diner and had to be up for work at 3am but knew that I would adapt to the early hours. Around 5pm I realized that I had worked over 12 hours without a break but didn't want to complain.

There were hosting the music awards above the diner and I joked that I only got to slip upstairs to see them when Justin Bieber was performing! He stormed off stage for some reason and a very nervous young boy stepped up to fill in for him on vocals.

It was October 28th or 29th and for some reason we were all expected to buy Christmas cards and gift cards for our co-workers. They only had gift cards for the diner, so I went out to find ones for places like Bed, Bath & Beyond since most of my co-workers were female. (I hope that doesn't sound sexist. Even in real life, almost every woman I know loves that store.)

A female manager told me that part of my job was to clean out all of the nearby summer cottages, and that her ex-employees had been bitten by deadly spiders! I told her that I never agreed to put myself in that kind of danger, and resigned on the spot.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Toughest past week.

Had a dream my housemate stomped Kitty to death. I didn't see her. Only his knee going up and down.

Fuck this shit

Toughest past week.

Had a dream my housemate stomped Kitty to death. I didn't see her. Only his knee going up and down.
I think I hate dreams about abused animals more than anything. Whenever one of those ASPCA commercials comes on before bed, I change it as quickly as possible!

I need to go back through my handwritten notes again to post my latest dream highlights here...

Feb 15-16, 2021:

Some creepy guy styled a woman's hair then killed himself and/or her. Later I checked up on her to see if she was okay but for some reason she looked like the cardboard tube from an empty paper towel roll. :?

Feb 16-17, 2021:

The local bookstore had a large display of transgender-themed material on display in the back of a large truck, and there were a bunch of LGBTQ people selling them.

Feb 18-19, 2021:

I had been prescribed a bunch of different meds and my mom was afraid that I would take them all together and OD, so I showed her that I took them separately on my handwritten schedule.

Feb 19-20, 2021:

I was driving an old truck from the 1950's and singing "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson.

I had an old empty box that once held plastic lawn furniture from Walmart. I gave the box to a family member for something and he complained that it smelled like whiskey and beer. I had apparently spilled it in there a long time ago and it embarrassed me.

I was playing and singing "Telephone Line" by ELO with one of my musician buddies. There was also a Hank Williams lookalike there performing a song about getting drunk that contained references to me in it.

A cat and dog were fighting fiercely over food in my buddy's garage and I left so I wouldn't see them get hurt. One of them was partly a large chicken (rooster?) at some point too! 🐔

Feb 20-21, 2021:

My dad was having difficulty breathing and started puffing furiously on my rescue inhaler. I eventually took it away from him because I was afraid that he would have a bad reaction to it.

Feb 21-22, 2021:

I was cleaning up food/puke/? in a local park and realized that I didn't have my COVID mask on, so I pulled my shirt up over my face.

My cousin had a dog that was acting strangely and she said that it was autistic. It was very friendly though, and ran alongside of me while I was jogging downtown.

Feb 22-23, 2021:

I was watching an online bodybuilding video, then one of the guys suddenly set himself on fire.

An old friend of mine had left a bunch of empty pill vials in the back yard. I wanted to dispose of them but was afraid of getting caught and suspected of stealing them or something.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

3-3-21: Nuclear Reactor Meltdown

I had a really vivid dream last night. I haven't really remembered anything worth writing down in quite some time, but this one was interesting and extremely vivid/memorable.

In it, I was with some of my friends, my real life friends. A lot of other people I know had died. We were facing a nuclear winter, some huge meltdown happened, and we all had private nuclear reactors for energy. To survive the night, the only choice we had was to melt down our own reactors for heat. For some reason the reactors were like wood stoves and we had to keep feeding them wood, with shovels (like it was coal and wood at the same time). The whole night of "surviving" was like a party, we heedlessly exposed ourselves to radiation and warmth.

Then the morning came and like everyone was okay, and it turned out that there hadn't never really been much danger from the "big meltdown", but we were all exposed to massive amounts of radiation from our "personal meltdown" party. I became really preoccupied with whether I had given myself cancer.

Then I woke up. It seems quite blatant what the meaning of this dream is to me.

I don't recall the content of my last dream. I've had some vivid ones though. They're usually vivid, but I'm so accustomed to this bizarre and nightmarish quality of the dreams that I always get, in some kind of limbo not far above a nightmare, so that I just black them out later. Like most people, with most of their dreams, afaik. I don't really have a lot of good ones anyway. It's weird that sometimes I'll recall my dreams in another dream though. Years later. I've done this is strings of more than two, as well. There's a continuity with whatever goes on in my head, I guess.

A lot of twisted figures. A recurring nightmare about a black dog which stares me down and its eyes go red. A lot of sleep paralysis, often combined with these figures or the dog. Repeatedly. I started having full on night terrors, usually self-induced by drinking too much alcohol, when I was 22. That's weird as fuck - except if you've been through some kind of troubled life. Or if you a psychic disturbance; like an abuse issue or major psychiatric diagnoses. It is possible to start having night terrors past childhood.

This video honestly freaked me the fuck out the first time I saw it.

A lot of twisted figures. A recurring nightmare about a black dog which stares me down and its eyes go red. A lot of sleep paralysis, often combined with these figures or the dog. Repeatedly. I started having full on night terrors, usually self-induced by drinking too much alcohol, when I was 22.
I was plagued by night terrors throughout my mid-teens to mid-20s, which is apparently when most people have them. One time I even ran out of the house in the middle of the night because I thought that a train was coming towards my bedroom!

They finally started to subside by my 30s, but I still get sleep paralysis from time to time. It usually occurs when I'm quickly startled awake by a dream or a sound, and is often accompanied by a feeling of "impending doom". It's also annoying when I need to pee and I have to hold it in until I can get up to use the bathroom!

I only remember one short dream from last night but it was pretty emotional...

Mar 3-4, 2021: "Old Flame"

I ran into this girl that I used to have a crush on back in my teens and gave her a ride home. (We lived on the same street in real life.) My mom was there and hired her to do some work around the house. While I was lying in bed, the girl came in and brought me flowers for giving her a ride. She left but I ended up talking to her on the phone for a long time. Later I was telling my cousin what happened, since she knew that I used to like this girl and hung out with her 30+ years ago.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer