• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Had a surreal dream of been in mecca and just staring in awe at the divine beauty of the kaaba while also hitting 5-meo dmt or some reason. Dream really had a intense divine feeling to it very peaceful then i was in Dubai.

I've had a couple nights of vivid dreams now that I'm starting to sleep better again. As usual, words just don't do some of these justice; I wish I knew computer animation...

Aug 6-7, 2020: "Trippy Food/Crazy Beach Dude/Lesbian Orgy"

I went to some fancy restaurant that specialized in molecular gastronomy. They kept bringing out these very colorful haute cuisine-type dishes that were prepared in unconventional ways like flash-freezing.

I was on the beach at night and a guy came running up to me with a gun in his hand and rope tied around his ankles. I thought that he was going to shoot me, but he just talked some gibberish and ran off. I got the impression that he had just escaped from some type of captivity.

I was in someone's kitchen and one of my ex-girlfriends was there making out with several other women in some type of softcore orgy. She let me stay and watch but would only allow me to touch her, which was good enough for me! The dream briefly turned lucid so I floated to the ceiling and watched them from overhead for a few minutes as well.

Aug 7-8, 2020: "Scenes from a Shopping Plaza/COVID Vaccine/Trippy Store"

I was leaving the bookstore of a local shopping plaza and it was snowing outside. The snow was swirling around the parking lot and it looked the way that radar footage of a hurricane does. There were numerous "cells" of activity moving in different directions and at different speeds.

Suddenly the snow was gone and I was about to enter an Asian restaurant when some guy came running by screaming. I looked down and saw what appeared to be the dead body of a young woman in a small alley beside the restaurant. I was afraid of being falsely accused of some crime and tried to flee the scene when I was stopped by (drum roll please...) Detective Olivia Benson from "Law & Order: SVU"! I told her that I would give her DNA or whatever she needed to clear my name.

I went to a medical center where they were administering a COVID vaccine that was done in three parts: The first part was a bunch of different pills I had to take. The second part was spending ten minutes or so in a chamber getting misted with some kind of chemical. The third part was inhaling a whole cannister (like an asthma "puffer") full of what looked like baby powder. I did the first two steps, but not the third because I was afraid of choking to death. I felt embarrassed because the nurse was a cute young woman and I chickened out.

I was in what I think was an electronics store that looked sort of like an indoor version of Times Square. The dream turned lucid right at the end and I tried to make note of all the computerized billboards that were being displayed, but they were changing too quickly for me to really read or remember.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

Dreamt about my ex again. When will this end? It’s been almost a year. GET OVER IT.

Don't feel bad; I still dream about women that I dated decades ago. The one mentioned in my "orgy" dream above I haven't talked to in 15 years!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this vague recurring dream again last night that relates to my past addiction problems...

I can never remember all the the details but I'm always sort of hiding out in my room feeling really creeped out, like something really bad either just happened or was about to. A lot of times I feel ashamed like I did something wrong and I'm often either finding or stashing something away in my closet that I don't want anyone to see. I think last night it was an empty booze bottle.

Sometimes it's an old picture, audio cassette or VHS tape of me under the influence. I'm always afraid to find out what's on them because I know that it won't be anything good.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I thought I was awake and heard Buffy playing on the TV but remembered I’d turned off the TV so who turned it on? Freaking out I couldn’t move for ages then eventually got the nerve to sit up and scream at the TV.... can’t remember if it was on or off or if I really did it or not, was convinced someone else was in the room so turned over and grabbed around to find someone in the bed, their arm... screaming.... then rolled over and hid again?
I kept hearing music and TV and stuff and was convinced it wasn’t in my head. Eventually realized it must be. Thought about putting relaxation stuff on to drown out the sound in my head but ended up just kind of rolling over, taking off my eye mask and getting to sleep again...

No idea if nightmare or sleep paralysis. Maybe combo.

I thought I was awake and heard Buffy playing on the TV but remembered I’d turned off the TV so who turned it on? Freaking out I couldn’t move for ages then eventually got the nerve to sit up and scream at the TV.... can’t remember if it was on or off or if I really did it or not, was convinced someone else was in the room so turned over and grabbed around to find someone in the bed, their arm... screaming.... then rolled over and hid again?
I kept hearing music and TV and stuff and was convinced it wasn’t in my head. Eventually realized it must be. Thought about putting relaxation stuff on to drown out the sound in my head but ended up just kind of rolling over, taking off my eye mask and getting to sleep again...

No idea if nightmare or sleep paralysis. Maybe combo.

When I was younger I used to have a recurring nightmare where I would unplug the TV, stereo or some other electronic device but it wouldn't shut off. It would really creep me out because I thought it was possessed or something. I think it started after I saw "Poltergeist"!

I get sleep paralysis, usually when I'm startled awake by something. It used to freak me out but now I've gotten used to it. I know that it only lasts for about 20 seconds so I just relax and wait it out.

had a dream i was just eating hits and hits of LSD and tripping like crazy walking through a mall with a sheet of lsd and all these randoms in it just eating it. Blacked out then woke up to sleep paralysis which scared the living fucking daylights out of me.

had a dream i was just eating hits and hits of LSD and tripping like crazy walking through a mall with a sheet of lsd and all these randoms in it just eating it. Blacked out then woke up to sleep paralysis which scared the living fucking daylights out of me.

Wow, sleep paralysis must be more common than I thought. At least I know I'm not alone! (Read the post above yours if you haven't already.)

I haven't slept much this past week so I've only had a few vague, boring dreams...

- I poured myself a strong green drink (creme de menthe?) with vodka in it, then decided it would be a bad idea to have it.

- I walked on a beach that had citrus trees growing all over it.

- I tried on a pair of my dad's old jeans and realized that they were way too big on me.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Soooo.... the last dream I had before waking up was a sort of nightmare. Serial killers from movies were trying to kill me (well, whoever I was in this dream, a lot of the time I don’t dream in first person- anyone else like that?). Fighting off a clown.... Jason (my favourite character mind you).... and... Mr Bean?? ... Mr Bean was actually the worst/hardest to fight/escape from. Seems random but I shared a GIF of Mr Bean with someone during the day so that’s probably why he came into it. Anyway, it may have had the contents of a nightmare but I didn’t wake up in a state so that’s good 🤷🏻‍♀️

I just remembered that about ten days ago I dreamed that I was smoking a joint with Jimmy Carter!!! o_O

I can't believe I forgot to post that one. I think that it was the night before my "Trippy Food" dream.

Now this is what I call a TRUE nightmare, lol...

Aug 19-20, 2020: "Getting My Ex Pregnant"

I had a one night stand with my ex-girlfriend and later found out that I had gotten her pregnant. She didn't want me in her life or our baby's, but made it clear that she expected to receive full child support from me.

I went to an office and met with a guy who was there to walk me through the process of setting up the payments. He said that they would schedule a court date to determine the amount. I said something like, "I want to do the right thing but I'm 50 years old, out of work and flat broke. I just don't think that I can afford this for the next 18 years.".

He said that if I showed up to court wearing full snorkel/SCUBA gear, there was a chance that I would be deemed mentally unfit to pay!

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Dreamt my ex came back. Or was coming back. That was the plan and I sent him a message asking if he was home yet/already. Then I woke up....

Dreamt my ex came back. Or was coming back. That was the plan and I sent him a message asking if he was home yet/already. Then I woke up....

At least he didn't get you pregnant and then wear SCUBA gear to court so he wouldn't have to pay child support! :D

I can never remember one dream when I take my Klonopin before bed. I don't know if it's because it kills my REM sleep or because it causes anterograde amnesia, but I'm guessing a little of both. It's better than lying there awake all night, but I really miss my dreams.

When I have a lot on my mind, nothing on earth will shut it off; sometimes the Klonopin doesn't even work that well. I understand why Michael Jackson took Propofol. I've tried sleeping pills, alcohol, melatonin, chamomile, low-lighting, white noise, meditation, tiring myself out with exercise... just about everything you can imagine.

Insomnia sucks, and it's gotten a lot worse since this whole COVID isolation situation; that's why you haven't seen nearly as many entries from me lately. I'm sure that there are a lot of other people going through the same thing. I can only find so many things to do at home alone all day before I start to go stir-crazy.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I actually had a couple of memorable dreams from the past couple of nights. My father struggled with alcohol his whole life, so it's a recurring theme...

Aug 26-27, 2020: "Grandpa's Birthday/Dad Wanting to Drink"

(In real life, I went to my grandpa's 90th birthday party at his cottage shortly before he passed away. God bless him.)

I went over my grandfather's summer cottage because we were all throwing a birthday party for him. He had a large dog (pit bull?) that came out to greet me on the front porch and I was a little bit leery until I realized how friendly it was.

My parents and I were boxing things up to move and my dad was in a bad mood. He wanted to get drunk and my mom & I were trying to talk him out of it because we knew that it wouldn't end well.

Aug 27-28, 2020: "Hot Lesbians/Dad Wanting More Booze"

I was in a public place (fast food restaurant?) with two attractive young women. They went into the restroom together, then came out and told me in great detail how they had oral sex in there. I was very upset that they didn't let me watch!

My dad was already drunk but insisted in buying more alcohol. He was stumbling to his old van when I talked him into letting me drive instead. We went to the liquor store but he came out angry because they refused to sell him any more. On the way back to my car, a small pig crossed the road.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I just woke up from this crazy dream and spent so much time thinking about it that I couldn't get back to sleep, so I might as well post it now...

Aug 29-30, 2020: "Splenectomy"

My female cousin needed to have her spleen removed and her ex-husband decided that he could do it himself. I was at her house and she was lying in bed upstairs. He somehow took out all of her lower organs (stomach, intestines, etc.) and brought them downstairs to work on while she waited. Apparently this didn't seem to cause her any pain or damage.

I helped him find the spleen and he cut it out, then went back upstairs to replace the rest of her organs. I went with him and said to her, "I think that your ex has some ex-spleening (explaining) to do."! (Sometimes I wonder how my subconscious mind comes up with this stuff.)

At some point I was also rummaging through her medicine cabinet and found a prescription bottle. I was hoping that it was something good but it turned out to be Naloxone.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I'm doing a 30-day drug detox with my friend in a cabin we rented, 2 weeks in now. Last night I had a weird dream, holy shit. So fucking weird. It was actually pretty terrifying which NEVER happens to me, like it was half a proper nightmare, I kept waking up and was scared, though some parts of the dream were not scary. Usually when I have dark dreams, they're more fascinating than viscerally frightening. As I tried falling asleep, I was getting this looping obsessive thought type of thing which happens to me from gabaergic drug rebound, not surprising since I used etizolam to sleep for like a week and a half at first during this detox, after using it pretty often to sleep for a while before that. Ran out a few days ago. It felt like I had to complete these really confusing thought loops, but it was hard to tell what they were, they were very jumbled. As I drifted towards actual sleep, they started to resolve into what I can only describe as necromantic. It was like I was trying to figure out how to bring things back to life, and I couldn't sleep until I made sense of it. It was really weird, I kept looping through this mass of jumbled thoughts, and eventually they started to make sense, and the repeating thought loop became clear to me and I stopped feeling so awake. At first I was very aware it was gabaergic obsessive dream thoughts, and was frustrated that they made no sense and were preventing me from sleeping, but gradually they started to make sense, and I figured out the "rules" and drifted off to sleep in the middle of my "calculations".

As it became a full dream, I was in my hometown, with my high school friends and some people I just imagined who were also people I knew in the dream. Also my bass player was there, and he had a little baggie of bone dust and he was trying to find bones to grind up. We kept taking finger dips of the bone dust and eating it which was weird and made me feel horrified, and yet, I wanted to do it, it was a compulsion. Throughout the dream, something was building, we were building towards what felt like an apocalypse. My friend was sneaking around doing rituals and stuff, and sometimes I was helping him and sometimes I was trying to convince him not to. As it went on, he became pretty frightening. Also, people and animals started to be part of the dream, which were not exactly zombies, because they were conscious and would speak/etc, but they were dead and animated and were really frightening/unnerving. My friend's wolf dog was there, and as the dream went on he went from sweet and friendly as he is, to menacing and threatening to me, which seemed to be a barometer for how involved I was in bringing this dark stuff to life.

The way all of this made me feel was so dark, and like, unclean, but I kept doing it, it was so weird. On the eve of what seemed to be the apocalypse, that everyone seemed aware was happening, there were lots of people, both living and dead, and we were all in this crypt-like basement, having a sort of party, well sometimes it was a party and sometimes it was an attempt to survive where we were fighting off the dead, it was very weird and jumbled. At one point I was running around with a shotgun and this undead guy was chasing me and I hit him like 6 times and he kept coming. Then I took off down this long, long mountain road, snowy and alone, I walked. No idea what I did there, I came back the next morning though, and my dad was there, not sure if he was alive or dead, and he and the others were really upset at me because I just walked off and didn't tell anyone and they were searching for me all night. I felt really ashamed. The apocalypse had passed, and we all went upstairs out of the crypt. The world looked bright and sunny, but my friend went back downstairs and wanted to make a new home in the crypt. And I went back down with him, and wanted to go back upstairs but felt like I couldn't. There was more in there, I know I missed parts, and I feel like there was more to how it ended, but that's what I remember. Throughout it all there was a feeling of futility, darkness, and evil.

I have had really morbid dreams before, but it's rare, and this one left me feeling pretty weird. I woke up like 10 times in the middle of the dream. I can see how aspects of the dream are representative about my drug struggles. I hope I start being able to sleep better soon, the past 3 nights have been really hard to sleep, 2 nights ago I barely slept at all, and last night I slept but very lightly and with disturbing dreams.

I have had really morbid dreams before, but it's rare, and this one left me feeling pretty weird. I woke up like 10 times in the middle of the dream. I can see how aspects of the dream are representative about my drug struggles.

I know that my creepy recurring dream where there's something in my closet that I'm afraid to see is directly related to my past addictions. It's like the proverbial "skeleton in the closet"!

Best of wishes on your self-imposed detox. I'm very proud of you for putting so much planning and effort into it, and I have no doubt that you will come out of it feeling much better. I think I mentioned in the "Swirly" thread that I'm coming out of a moderate alcohol/benzo spell myself. I'm still not 100%, but I'm getting there and feeling better by the day.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

My dreams are returning since I've been starting to fall asleep without Klonopin. A lot of them have been very sad and intensely emotional lately, often relating to my childhood. I think that I was still a kid in at least a couple of these...

Aug 28-29, 2020: "Speeding Ticket/3rd World Country"

1)
I pulled into a parking lot and a cop told me that I had been clocked at doing 60 MPH in a residential area, which I didn't think I had. Another officer came over; He was a large friendly black man that I had apparently given a ride to years ago. He told the first officer to just let me off with a warning because I was a good guy. Later my dad said that my car had a lot of front-end damage that couldn't be repaired and gave me a really hard time, accusing me of being a bad driver. I flipped out and started punching myself in the head saying, "Can't I do anything right?", then held a pair of scissors to my throat. I think it was more for show than having any real intention of suicide.

2) For some reason I had to move to some developing country that I think was part of Africa, and I wasn't allowed back into the USA. I had to sleep outside in the dirt on just a blanket and there were bugs everywhere. There were also tiny holes in the ground that were spurting out small streams of dusty soil all over me. I asked a native guy how he can sleep like that and he said, "I usually don't; that's what this is for.". He led me over to a large metal barrel filled with strong coffee and handed me a dirty metal cup to dip into it. I took a sip and said, "Well, at least the coffee's good here!".

Aug 29-30, 2020: "Broke a Musical Antique/Prison/People Dying"

1)
An older black man had this device from around the 1920's that played old recordings when it was squeezed. It looked sort of like a closed accordion without the buttons. He let me try it but I did it too hard and broke it. He told me not to worry but I felt so bad that I started crying.

2) I had to spend a day in prison for some reason and I was trying not to make eye contact with anyone because there were some big, scary-looking dudes there. They had a very nice breakroom with refrigerators, microwaves, vending machines and even a glass case full of cigars for sale. This made me realize that I was dreaming and I flew around for a minute before I woke up.

3) There was some kind of weather catastrophe (snow/ice related, I think) and a lot of people died as a result of it. I looked outside and saw what appeared to be a young girl lying dead in a snow pile on the side of the road.

Aug 30-31, 2020: "Neck Cancer/Party Girls/Asked to Move Out"

1)
My mom said that the doctors had found a cancerous mass on the back of my neck during my last checkup.

2) There were a bunch of young women in their 20's partying in my house but not paying any attention to me. I felt old, ugly and out-of-place.

3) My mom said that if I can't find a job then she wanted me to move out and go live in a shelter or something, which really hurt my feelings.

Aug 31-Sep 1, 2020: "Dad Irritated with Me"

I was trying to design a recreation area (baseball field?) in the back yard but only had a small space to work with. I asked my dad for help but he started yelling at me for bothering him when he was trying to sleep.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer