• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Since I chose to start tapering off of my anxiety/insomnia meds, I think that I've been experiencing slight withdrawal effects; my latest dreams have been accompanied by that feeling of creepy delirium that I know all too well from previous withdrawals. They're almost like fever dreams without the fever...

June 3-4, 2020: "Adoption Agency and an Arcade"

I was apparently being put up for adoption as an adult and met with my prospective parents in an office building. They said that they had chosen not to adopt me because they heard that I had a history of emotional problems. I started ranting about how hard my childhood was and stormed out.

(Rated R)
My dad & I went to the arcade/pool hall in a local mall at night in his old van. I saw an attractive woman in the parking lot and decided to descreetly pleasure myself up against the open sliding door of the van. I succeeded but made a mess all over his pool cue case and pack of bubblegum, which was absolutely hysterical!

I ended up in a movie theater inside the mall where the only person there was a young woman that I knew from somewhere and liked (nobody I can think of in real life though), and she seemed happy to see me. We started cuddling together and it was really nice.

June 4-5, 2020: "Forearms/Booze/Basement/Dating Show/MORE Forearms/Weightlessness"

I went to an authentic Chinese and/or Japanese restaurant and there was an old Asian man there making fresh noodle dough at an incredible speed. His forearms were huge, and I joked to my mom that I wouldn't need to do wrist curls if I had his job or worked in a pizzeria.

I was once again with my dad in his old van and we were talking about using fake licenses to buy booze since there was some kind of limit on how much the stores could sell to one person. Back at the house, I found a jar of cocktail onions and wanted a martini.

I was in the basement and had painted a bird on the wall for some reason. It was supposed to have great importance but I can't remember why. It was like my way of leaving a coded message for someone. It attracted some kind of woman/bird/dog/? that was being a little too affectionate with me and it made me feel uncomfortable!

I was on a reality dating show in the house where I grew up and had to arrange knick-knacks on a bookcase as some sort of message to the other contestants. I also had to fill out my sexual preferences on a card and I wrote, "Biblically Straight". There was some kind of stomach flu going around and suddenly the house was filled with sick kids from the neighborhood. I realized that I had been picking up all of their baseball equipment and was afraid that I'd get sick.

One of the jocks who bullied me back in high school (in real life) designed a computer animation that showed how he got his forearms to be so big. It basically just depicted two vertical lines colliding and creating smoke to symbolize the "burn". He entered a weightlessness room wearing some kind of hollow plastic ball around his waist that allowed him to tumble in the air. The last thing I remember is trying to find an entrance into the room myself.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

1). My laptop got soaked in oil
2). Threw a massive party, drunk, and a lot of fucked up shit happened, lol.

I was trying to find my grandmas opiates and my aunt kept interrupting me and telling me that what Im doing is wrong.

A couple nights ago i had a dream of throwing a massive party and getting into a lot of shenanigans which i mostly forget.

My sleep quality is still lousy so my dreams have been very vague and fragmented. Here are a few from the past week that I remember...

- I was at a birthday party for some female friend who was either turning 30 or 38. She was cute and slightly heavy-set with green highlights in her hair. She wanted me to trim her hair as her "birthday gift" and we started making out. We ended up nude and started putting this silver body paint all over each other, then realized that it was full of live ants! (way to spoil the mood)

- My mom came into my room at night acting really disoriented. I tried to turn on the light but the switch didn't work, which made me realize that I was dreaming. I flew out over the marsh behind my back yard and couldn't really see anything because it was dark and foggy, but I got to spend some time in the air just floating and tumbling around.

- My hair was really long and colored a deep red, and I was looking for my electric clippers to buzz it off.

- I was producing a recording session for John Lennon, and he was being really rude to me and everyone else around him. I did this really cool thing where I pressed a button that rearranged the entire studio and created a bunch of natural echo. I said, "How's THAT for reverb?" but he just rolled his eyes at me and I felt really embarrased.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some pretty vivid dreams last night...

June 13-14, 2020: "COVID Displacement/Strange Subway Bread/Radio Shack and a Gay Bar"

(Once again Linda Ronstadt makes a cameo in my dreams. I never realized that I had such a crush on her!)

The government devised a way to stop the spread of COVID-19 by putting people into various groups and moving them to different locations around the country, mainly in hotels. One of the people in my group was Linda Ronstadt, but she looked like she did back around the 1980s. She said something like, "When we get to our next stop I want you to come stay with me.", and I realized that she was interested in me. I wanted to be with her too, but had lost contact with my parents and wanted to let them know that I was okay and make sure that they were as well.

I went to Subway for a sandwich and they had a new kind of bread on display; it was light brown in large squares with a pattern that looked a scene from a small village around the 1700s or 1800s. I asked the man behind the counter what it was and he said that it was cottage cheese bread, but that it only contained about 10% cheese and didn't taste much different from their normal bread. I ended up ordering a 6-inch ham & cheese on Italian bread and a 6-inch Veggie Delite on wheat bread.

My vacuum cleaner broke and the only place where I could get a replacement part was Radio Shack. I found the sign for one in a shopping center but couldn't find the actual store. I ended up in some electronics store (like Circuit City or The Wiz) with my vacuum and started causing a scene because they wouldn't/couldn't help me. I tried to leave when I heard an employee calling the cops on me. I looked for an exit but ended up in some gay bar full of guys in drag and all. I kept asking people where the exit was but they all just kept on making jokes and trying to flirt with me.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I've been having pretty vivid dreams I have been coming off what I suspect is light GABAergic dependence which makes me sleep shallowly, and I've started taking melatonin, too. The other night (2 nights ago I think), I had some WILD dreams but I totally forgot to write them down so I don't remember any of them now. Last night I had a long, meandering dream, it involved, at first, me extracting some DMT, but it wasn't quite like in real life, I was just sticking MHRB right into naphtha. My friend was like "this is some insanely good bark", and the first jar I made immediately had giant crystal chunks that formed in the bottom (this isn't how it really works). Then it was the next day and the crystals had redissolved, and almost all of the naphtha had evaporated, because the jar lid was cracked. I was fretting about that, but my fully conscious mind kept interjecting that this isn't how it works, and that I forgot to put the lye in and that it was impossible for those crystals to have formed like that. I wanted to fix the issues, but then I went out to visit a head shop.

At the head shop, I was allowed to buy 2 of these "surprise packages" per day, they contained random things . I have never seen this particular head shop before, but the guy running it was this guy I made good friends with who ran a local head shop back when I was going in every day for kratom. I was in a composite city that had elements from my city, and others I've been to. It reminds me of a city I was in during some other vivid dreams in the recent past (maybe my last big entry in here). After I went to the head shop, I was going all around the city and I don't remember why but I was doing various things. I kept meeting up with a friend. I didn't have a car so I was using public transport and walking a lot. The days blended together, I kept going back and getting 2 more of these secret packages every day. I was, for some reason, only allowed to open one per day. I was getting stuff like phenibut and weed, but what I kept hoping for was a fat dose of poppy seeds to make poppy tea (which I never got).

Eventually, I found that I was in an outdoor classroom, in what was supposed to be one of my high school English teachers' classes (not an actual teacher I had but in the dream it was a distinct, complete memory of a high school teacher I had in the past). For some reason, I was in the class with a bunch of high schoolers, and I was in high school again. We were having a pop quiz, which for some reason was a series of 4 timed logic word problems (kind of like math but not really math). I don't remember them except the last one, but they were incredibly subjective and did not have actual solid answers. The first 3 I totally flubbed, and I was starting to get anxious about it, because I didn't want to get a bad grade. Then I got the 4th one and it got more vidid, and I remembered that I'm actually 37 years old and it's been 20+ years since I would have been in such a class. Then I stopped caring. But I remember the problem, it said "look up at those 2 trees there. Given that one of them is bent, but that one has more total trunk length than the straight one, please answer how tall the other one is".

Then suddenly I was in a car with some of the students and one of them's dad. I was again a high school student, and we were on the way back from a trip. There were a number of us, and we were on the way to the house of the girl whose dad it was. She and I were trying to find some time and place to fool around. We ended up making out a little but kept getting interrupted, we didn't want anyone to know for some reason (not just her dad but also the other kids - I wasn't thinking of us as kids at the time but now in retrospect yeah, we were like 15/16). Then at their house (which was this massive crazy mansion that looked like a normal house on the outside and also inside in the rooms, but was just like 50 rooms big on the inside), the dad (who was pretty intense) said it's time to play a game. We each had some object to hide, and there was this huge room full of basically what amounted to a carpet of fine hair, but the hair was giant, like 12 feet tall, so you'd jump down into it and have to crawl through it. We were supposed to hide our objects in there, and also try to find the object of the previous person. And then the next person was supposed to find our object. When it was my turn, I found the previous person's object, and noticed that a lot of the hair had been trampled down and was forming a really thick bed of matted hair, so I hid my object way underneath it and felt pretty confident my object wouldn't be able to be found.

Then I woke up.

Brains are weird.

★ DREAM JOURNAL: Share your dreams ☯

Greetings Fellow Oneironauts!!!

Dreams are such a universal and intriguing (not to mention downright bizarre) part of the human experience that I thought it would be cool to have a thread devoted to it. I will be posting my own dreams and I would love to hear yours as well. Any other dream-related discussion is welcome as well: Lucid dreaming, hypnogogic phenomena, night terrors, sleep paralysis, questions, concerns, advice, etc.

My nocturnal adventures have been fascinating me as long as I can remember (close to 50 years now), with dreams that range from utterly mundane to cinematically epic! Since posting every dream I have would be quite monotonous, I will mainly limit my input to recent ones that I think you might find interesting.

Here are three examples that I've had in the past year or so...

A Good Dream: "The Lucid Dream House"

I found myself in a large bedroom that I didn't recognize, with one of those devices that projects moving stars on the walls and ceiling. I realized that I was dreaming and decided to explore the rest of the house.

The living room contained a sit-down driving arcade game from the 1980's or 90's, which was right by the stairs leading down to the basement. I went downstairs and found it decorated with items that appeared to be from around the 1700's. The ones that I remember are crowns and decorative Faberge-type eggs. There was a musical instrument that was played like a piano, but was basically an engraved silver plate that pulled out like a drawer. As I began to play it, two young women in very antique-style dress sang a song that went something like, "Why have you come here? Is that the crown that you wish to wear?". It had a tune like the "One, two, Freddie's coming for you..." song from Nightmare on Elm Street, but a bit faster and not as creepy.

I went back upstairs and stepped outside, which was off of the bedroom where I started. All I found was a plain looking back yard with nothing of particular interest, so I came back inside. I decided to walk through the house once more and found everything to be exactly identical to the first time, which I found fascinating. The stars on the ceiling, the driving game, the old-time basement... they were all still there.

(From there it went on to a couple other scenes, but my lucidity faded and the dream ended shortly afterwards.)

A Not-So-Good Dream: "Am I in Hell?"

I found myself outdoors in some kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland at night, and it was snowing. I walked up to some bar/restaurant with the lights on and people inside, which appeared to be the only sign on human life in this otherwise dark and desolate environment. I entered the building, but everything turned sort of two-dimensional like a cardboard cutout, then disappeared.

I was back outside and being followed by two blue, female, ghost-like entities. I was partially lucid by this point and suspected that I may be dreaming, so I turned away from them and tried to wake myself up. (Since I was very young, I have always done this by closing my eyes and shaking my head back and forth in the dream.) This time it didn't work though. I looked behind me and found the same exact blue ghost ladies still pursuing me. I asked them if I was dreaming, but they just looked at me with evil grins. I asked them if I was dead and in hell, and they did the same. This time though, they opened their mouths and an icy mist came out. (There was a commercial for breath mints or chewing gum a few years back where the people breathed a vapor like this.)

I tried looking away and waking myself up a few more times, to no avail. I was so mindful that I remember thinking this clearly: I must be either dreaming, hallucinating, completely psychotic or truly in hell (like real, literal, bible-type hell). I was beginning to doubt that it was just a dream because I've always been able to wake myself up in the past. I knew that I hadn't taken any hallucinogens before bed, and I was pretty sure that I wasn't delusional enough to be imagining the whole thing. That left hell as my only option.

(Words cannot convey how utterly terrifying this was. I was absolutely convinced that whatever was happening, this was my new reality and there was no way out of it... possibly for eternity!)

The blue ghost ladies finally disappeared, but I was still trapped in this desolate nightscape for a while longer. At some point it turned into a couple of "false awakenings" where I found myself safely back in bed, or so I thought. My room looked normal to me, but every time that I opened my door and stepped into the hallway, everything would become surreal and I would realize that I still dreaming!

(When I finally woke up for real, I felt a bit disoriented to say the least. For the first five minutes or so, I didn't completely trust the fact that I was really awake. I was half expecting to find myself back in the nightmare again!)

A Downright Trippy Dream: "Greeting Card Face"

I realized that I was dreaming and found a mirror to look in, which is one of my favorite lucid dream experiments. My body looked normal, but in place of my head was a greeting card about 2 feet high and 1 foot wide. Printed on the front was the following poem:

This is me laughing
This is me crying
This is me living
This is me dying

Below the writing was an animated cartoon. It depicted a small dog jumping onto a trampoline, doing a mid-air flip and flying through a ring of fire. Every time that it passed through the ring, the scene would repeat itself.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
What terrible "hell" dream.

The worst dream I have had in recent years is about my mother's suicide.
In the real world, Mum hanged herself on January 25 2013.
In my dream, my Mother has taken a paracetamol overdose but won't let me get an ambulance for her. She is just lying in bed waiting to die horribly and I feel like I have to go along with it.
That's basically it except that her real-life house where she died (and where my Dad still lives) features heavily and somehow the atmosphere is so dismal and, well, evil.
A few years ago I told a psych about this dream and she said that I'm really dreaming about myself, not my mother. I'm the one who needs the help but won't accept it.
I didn't like this psych much but I thought her analysis was probably spot on.

The worst dream I have had in recent years is about my mother's suicide.
In the real world, Mum hanged herself on January 25 2013.
In my dream, my Mother has taken a paracetamol overdose but won't let me get an ambulance for her. She is just lying in bed waiting to die horribly and I feel like I have to go along with it.
That's basically it except that her real-life house where she died (and where my Dad still lives) features heavily and somehow the atmosphere is so dismal and, well, evil.
A few years ago I told a psych about this dream and she said that I'm really dreaming about myself, not my mother. I'm the one who needs the help but won't accept it.
I didn't like this psych much but I thought her analysis was probably spot on.

Welcome to my thread. I think that this is the first time I've seen you here. I am so deeply sorry about your mom. My dad literally died at my feet on 2/7/2018 and I still have upsetting dreams about it. They say that dreaming is a way of our subconscious minds dealing with things that we can't or won't while were awake, so I try to look at it as a healing process.

Much Love,
Dreamflyer

I remembered one funny dream from this morning...

June 24-25, 2020: "Hot Crack Chick"

An attractive young woman was smoking crack out of a glass "stem" and kept on sharing it with me. I wasn't enjoying the crack so much as the fact that the pipe was all wet from her mouth and it was getting me aroused. She kept passing it closer and closer until we were almost smoking from it at the same time (basically kissing). We were just about to start making out when I realized that her boyfriend/husband was standing right next to us.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Had an relatively interesting dream which involved stabbing a lot of people while simultaneously avoiding to get stabbed. Kinda like open world role playing game. Slowly I got better knives and guns in the dream.

The only dreams I remember from recently were the usual recurring annoying ones: Late for work, can't find my car, teeth falling out, etc.

I had a really cool dream last night but lost most of the plot and details immediately. All I remember is that I was in some kind of cooking show/contest and made like 20 different kinds of pizza that all looked incredible! 🍕

I was just flipping through my handwritten journal and realized that I totally forgot to post these from a week ago...

June 25-26, 2020: "Mom Poem/Dream Guide"

1) Some lady was reading a poem about how much mothers love their children, and it contained a line like, "They love to look at their baby's eyes / and they should feel that way their entire lives". For some reason I felt really emotional and choked up over it.

2) A middle-aged man said that there were two types of dreams: Ones that came true and ones that didn't. He said that they came from different places (on earth?) and gave them each long technical names that I couldn't remember. An old short Italian man showed up who seemed to be the dream expert's dad. There was also something about the older man trying to find his long-lost love.

It started to take on a very magical vibe and I had the distinct feeling that the two men and I were living on different planes of existence. Specifically I got the impression that his dad had passed away and was visiting his son's dream, which I also happened to be in. At the very end it *almost* turned lucid when I found an old baseball magazine from the 1920's that I knew I didn't own, but unfortunately I woke up then.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

My sleep is still so messed up that all I have are flashes of dreams; I'm not even sure which nights they occurred on...

- I found an old bottle of my dad's Bay Rum aftershave and wondered if I could drink it.

- A female parrot was flirting with me in a sexy voice and nibbling my hand!

- I was watching a live baseball game with the real vintage players like in "Field of Dreams".

- (GROSS) I had a large infected boil or something on my left foot and I was draining it in the shower.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

There's not much detail to this dream but it was very intense...

July 9-10, 2020: "Multiple Love Triangles"

It started out down the beach and I was in a group of about 5 or 6 people, male and female. Two of the women were making out, which of course turned me on. Then I started making out with one of them as well, and the other one seemed jealous.

It switched to a motel room and the same people were there, but there was also a different young woman who was clearly interested in me but had a psycho boyfriend. She and I snuck away to make out a few times but I was really paranoid about her guy finding out. I also seemed to really care about her, even though I barely knew her.

He did something that made her leave him for good, and it ended with me, her and the others getting into a car to drive away and leave her crazy ex behind.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer