• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

I had a long dream last night where my band and I were in a hotel about to play a big show, and I spent an inordinate and annoying amount of time trying to get my friend's friend to sell me some meth. I never actually got it, either.

I've only done meth 4 times, and it's been over 2 years since I did any, and it's is almost always the drug I have dreams about. I had a life-crushing opiate addiction for 10 years and spent most of the last year relapsed, and got off again like 3 or so weeks ago, and no opiate dreams.

In one part of the dream I was outside of some high-rise apartment building on some sort of scaffolding wondering how I was gonna get down. There was a cat in a cage in front of me and I let it out or it got out, and then I was concerned because we were up so high. Also either before or after that part of the dream I was looking down at the road and I saw a pickup truck swerve off the road and crash into someone's garage door.

I knew I'd have a good night of dreams after being up for 36+ hours stressing and prepping for COVID...

Mar 30-31, 2020: "Cooking for North Korea/Scenes from a Bookstore"

I was shopping at an Asian market that was run by the leader of North Korea. (It wasn't Kim Jong-Un though; he was an older and thinner man.) His wife seemed to be flirting with me and I tried to avoid her so that I wouldn't get blamed for it somehow. I was seriously afraid of whatever punishment he may have been capable of.

He appointed me as his personal chef and asked me to prepare him something original, so I decided to go with one of my tofu and rice dishes. I had to use whatever was available at his store though, and they weren't products that I was used to. Everything there seemed to come in a jar and be overly spiced and salty. I tried to simplify it by just using some grated ginger and soy sauce, but then it came out bland.

It partly turned into a bookstore that I was employed at many years ago, but I was still trying to cook that tofu & rice dish out on the sales floor. I ran into some old co-workers of mine and hung out in the breakroom with them. I suddenly remembered COVID and realized that I had been shaking hands and hugging people, so I said my goodbyes and left.

A young British man held the door for me and I recognized him but couldn't remember where from. (After I woke up I realized that he was the son from "Malcom & Barbara: A Love Story", which is a documentary about Alzheimer's Disease.) I held the front door for Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy from "Married With Children"), but then felt bad because I realized that his elderly mother or grandmother was still sitting outside in a wheelchair.

In the parking lot I saw a bunch of people who were sick from COVID, but it looked more like the bubonic plague of 1347. I decided that I would make a painting of it to document the occasion for future generations in case none of us survived.

I got in my car and left, but I accidentally turned into the wrong lane and cut off all the other drivers. I also had trouble reaching the gas and brake pedals (which usually happens in my driving dreams). A mini-tornado/dust devil blew across the street and some guy climbed a tree trying to "catch" it somehow.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

I was at some beach and it was getting dark, and then in other parts of the dream I was in a hotel at the same beach. I kept missing parts of what was happening in the dream, and then I was talking to someone in the hotel and they were telling me it was because I had some sort of problem. In one part of the dream I was looking for booze but I was having trouble finding any. I found a few beers in a drawer and then another part I finally found some vodka I had bought and was pouring a shot into a weird shot glass thing, but it was too small so I poured it into a larger bar shot glass. That's about all I remember. I'm pretty sure this would count as a using dream since I'm a recovering alcoholic. :ROFLMAO:

Another sleepless night. Last night I resorted to my emergency Klonopin to knock me out, so I slept a few hours but didn't remember any dreams.

My sleep has been so fragmented this past week that I can only remember dream snippets barely worth mentioning (smoking weed with an old friend, shopping at a yard sale, etc.).

I had one last night about some sick guy coughing or vomiting up something nasty, but (luckily) I don't remember the details!

I haven't had any dreams that I remember lately, but the last few days have been quite dream-like some ways. I think it's largely because of the 3-MeO-PCE. 😄

Finally remembered one, from last night.

I had some friends from high school over to my parents house. One was a known slut, which all the guys hit on, except for me, because i don't want STDs. Anyway, they were all playing baseball in the back yard, and i wanted them to leave so i try to lock my sliding back door. It took me like 30 seconds, and they saw me, so i ran and locked the front door as well.

That's it folks.

Well after like a month of no dream recall at all, I had what was probably the most vivid/awesome night of dreaming I've ever had. I just postted this in PD social but I wanted to post it here too.

Wow I just had the most incredible dream, seemingly across the entire night, I woke up a bit a few times. It began as if I was watching a movie, the level of detail was incredible, it was continuous moment to moment, and I really believed I was sitting on my couch, watching a movie with my girlfriend. The movie was really complex and very, very good. It was a sort of dark psychological crime movie, the main characters were James Franco and Anne Hathaway, and some some other guy that seems familiar but can't place him. She played this super sexy girl who seduced him and was really nuts and basically was trying to frame him for murdering her, she convinced him to act out this whole stabbing her and then drowning her process in a flirtatious manner, but that he found disturbing yet sexy, I don't remember why, and then at some point he found out about it and went through this intense process of deciding he needed to actually kill her, and then he did kill her by seducing her back and recreating the fake murder for real. It was really gruesome and captivating but hard to watch as well, and there was a meta-narrative in my head about whether or not it's a good thing for us to be watching such violence on-screen as a society. My girlfriend got up and didn't keep watching after a while, the violence was really intense and gratuitous. Throughout the whole thing, the acting was amazing and the soundtrack was incredible, it was all darkly ambient original music. I swear if I could replay it all on command and write the script and soundtrack this movie would be a big hit, it was so good. It was disturbing and mesmerizing.

Also through it there was a sort of side plot that eventually turned into the next part of the dream with the other actor guy, he was a hapless innocent guy who for some reason got involved with some mobsters and taken out for a night on the town that became quite debaucherous, and had a lot of sex and drugs, thing is, I could feel whatever was happening to him in my body, which was pretty damn cool considering he had a very good night. ;)

There was a sort of indistinct slow shift into entirely that narrative, I woke up fully at one point and considered writing stuff down as I was so amazed by how awesome the dream was, and how my mind was even capable of coming up with such a thing, the level of detail was so breathtaking. When I first woke up and was thinking I had been actually watching this movie before I went to bed and was like wait, I should get up and actually finish watching the movie, and then I realized it was actually my dream. :ROFLMAO: Immediately upon closing my eyes, before I fell asleep, I was watching it again but it was like I had to re-find my place in it, and then I would slowly get drawn back in, at first being aware I was dreaming and then forgetting. Honestly it was exactly like my ibogaine experience, just like it, except less abstract/impactful feeling and more of just a constant internal visual/audio narrative.

Anyway the next part gradually faded in from the part I was describing last. It slowly became me that was in this guy's role, except I was not him, I was actually me. But I was part of the storyline of these mobsters. We were in a big city and there was a plot going on between them/us and a rival group. At this point it became like I was living a crime caper movie sort of like a Tarantino film in character, the other people were all irreverent, darkly funny in the midst of violence and cruelty, but overall the vibe was humorous and exciting. I don't remember all the details by any means, I remember there was this one city block that kept getting totally destroyed by bombs and gunfire and stuff, especially this one shop. It was funny because all of these different scenes that ended in epic battles all ended up being on the same city block and it was always totally reconstructed since the last time, even if the scene was later the same day, and the scenes always ended in pretty much the total destruction of the entire area. And all the bystanders who had been collateral damage were totally unaware, except the shop owner in the shop me and the main characters would generally hang out at and have a bunch of witty banter while waiting for the next thing, every time after the first he'd be like "oh no, not again!" whenever shit was about to go down. It was a sort of absurdism aspect to it that was really funny and kind of a meta-commentary on the gratuitousness sometimes present in action films.

Eventually I woke up again, and when I closed my eyes again, I was in the same city, on the same city block in fact. This time I was with my girlfriend and some guys who were my friends, not actual friends in real life. They were my fraternity brothers and we were on some yearly trip together. We were staying at a hotel and there was a lot of partying that was really fun. I don't remember a lot of details about that, except towards the end, the guys told me it was time to do what we came to do, which was to act out this play that we do as a yearly tradition on this trip, it's a play about two rival crime families waging war on each other. I suddenly remembered that last year we had done this and it had been so transporting that I had fully believed it. My girlfriend was upset because she said that last year I had basically lost the plot and been unable to keep fantasy and reality separate in my head for months afterwards, I kept thinking I was actually in this crime family and we were in the middle of a war, and it had been awful. But I had to do it for some reason. Then the dream started to exactly repeat, the earlier part where this crime drama was unfolding. It felt sort of like I had gotten stuck in an acid time loop or something, it started to be really unpleasant and scary.

But then I realized I was dreaming, and basically became lucid and decided to just change things. But I didn't try to make any particular thing happened, I just willed the place I was in to change and then let whatever creative flow I was on just happen. The next thing I found myself in was much nicer. I was in a tropical place, it seemed like a coastal South American place with surfers and just a really chill beach vibe. I had a mission to try to learn to play this instrument, not exactly sure what it was, it didn't resemble any instrument I've ever seen, it was like a log that you played with a bow, but there were no strings visible, somehow the log itself vibrated to make this amazing sound (that sounded a lot like a cello). Some locals told me I needed to find this one woman and learn from her, so I went out to do that. When I found her, it seemed we had a connection, she was a really sexy woman about my age, when I found her she was surfing, but not on a surfboard, it was some sort of totally bizarre looking thing. She had a really sultry voice. She said she'd teach me the instrument, and she was like so you probably play guitar, right? Are you any good? I was like no, I play keys, I like to think I'm pretty good, yeah. She was like oh wow, I don't meet too many keyboard players. When did you start? I told her I'd been playing pretty much my whole life, and I started when I was 8, but had started being involved in music (choir) ever since I could remember. She closed her eyes and smiled and then looked at me and told me that this was going to be amazing, she'd never taught someone who had always been in music like her. The look in her eyes was so alluring and exciting. It was certainly going to be a romance.

But before anything else happened (and I was equally excited to see where this was going with her as I was to learn this crazy instrument), I heard a knocking. We both looked around to see what it was, and then I remembered I was dreaming, and that the cable guy was coming over sometime today between 8am and 9pm (fucking cable company time estimates, heh), and I better get up to check whether it was them or not. So reluctantly I got up, and sure enough, it was them, at precisely 8am. That ended up taking an hour. I really wanted to go back to sleep because that dream seemed very likely to be an awesome one, but instead I decided to try to write it all down before I totally forgot it all. So that's what I've done, hope you enjoy, I sure did. :)

It was as vivid and intense as any night of dreaming I've ever had. I haven't actually remembered my dreams at all ever since I stopped doing iboga microdosing a couple of weeks ago, and even during the microdosing I didn't have many dreams, and the ones I did have were nowhere even remotely approaching this level of vividness. I actually don't think I have ever had any dream in my life that had as much detail as this one. Especially the movie in the first part, that was as vivid as watching a masterfully executed movie in real life, it would be so great if I could remember all of that, I might actually try my hand at writing a movie script and soundtrack. So crazy my subconscious mind could have come up with that.

This was one of those dreams where people and places kept changing, so it'll be hard to describe but I'll try...

Apr 11-12, 2020: "Selling My Guitar/Blind Date"

I was lying in bed late at night when some guy came banging on my window and yelling for me to let him in. I grabbed an aluminum baseball bat for protection and woke my mom up to call 911. She said that I had promised to sell him one of my guitars and that he was just coming to look at it. I didn't remember doing so, but I believed her so I opened the door and led him down into the basement.

It turned into someone else's basement (my cousin's or aunt & uncle's?) and there were a bunch of shady-looking dudes hanging out, getting drunk and snorting coke. I showed the guy my guitar and he handed me a bunch of $20 bills that were obviously counterfeit; they were larger than normal and the colors were all different. He insisted that they were real so I told him that I changed my mind about selling the guitar, because I just wanted him to leave without any trouble.

I somehow ended up at a bar where I used to sing karaoke and do open mic at many years ago. A middle-aged woman approached me and said that she knew me from some mental health support group. She had a boyfriend or husband but wanted to fix me up with one of her female friends and go on a double date. The four of us went to a restaurant and when the older lady finished eating, she threw up all over her plate. Her shirt came open in the front and I saw what looked like a pacemaker for her heart, along with a similar device on her stomach. I assumed that this had something to do with her not being able to keep any food down.

Her friend (my date) seemed interested in me and tried to make small talk, but I was in a lousy mood and didn't feel very sociable. She got offended and basically told me that I was being a jerk, which I admitted to and apologized for. It ended with me trying to cross a busy street and the two women telling me to be careful not to get hit by passing cars.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Yet another "losing my car" dream...

Apr 13-14, 2020: "Dude, Where's My Car THIS Time?"

I was back in my hometown and realized that I had left my car with an old female friend who lived about 50 miles away. I contacted her to get the car back and she told me to meet her at a food stand that she was working at. When I got there, she handed me a piece of paper on which she had written the "storage fee" that I needed to pay before I got my car back. I think it was $42.38 from what I remember.

I was there with my aunt and we saw Chuck Negron from Three Dog Night. I introduced them because I knew that she was a fan. Chuck offered to bring me to pick up my car, and on the drive I told him how proud I was for him to have given up drugs so many years ago.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I've only had a few memorable dream fragments these past few nights...

- I was in my kitchen and realized that I was dreaming. I tried flying through the roof but got stuck in the ceiling.

- I drank a can of tamarind juice that contained 8% alcohol.

- I had an "incense machine" in my childhood bedroom and caught the smoke rings on my finger.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I woke up in the middle of the night and fell back to sleep, and I had a dream that my band was setting up to play a show in my old church I grew up going on. In the dream we had had a party the night before where we played an informal show. The church has a big gathering hall with a really large, deep stage and a curtain, and in the dream, the party all took place on the stage, but there was a stage raised above the rest of the stage, at the back of the stage (this doesn't actually exist). I was trying to get my stuff set up, there was a concert grand piano that I was trying to decide if I needed or if we had room for. I was also trying to explain the party the night before to my mom but she was only sort of listening to me and it was frustrating me. Some of my oldest friends were there. The dream ended shortly before we were going to actually start playing.

This first dream will definitely make you all hungry! Bon apetit...

Apr 19-20, 2020: "Bobbing for Houseflies/Prince's Alma Mater/Satan Wanted my Girlfriend"

I went to a barbecue and we all played this game when we were done eating: Some girl brought out a half gallon of vanilla ice cream (out of its container) that was imbedded with houseflies. The object of the game was to remove as many as we could with our teeth without touching the ice cream! I bit off the head of one but they said that it didn't count because I didn't get the entire body. I also realized that it was still alive and quickly chewed up the head so that it wouldn't suffer.

I was at a college in Minneapolis, Minnesota where Prince (the singer) had attended. Somebody told me that he had only enrolled there because his girlfriend went there, then she broke up with him so he dropped out. In the lobby was a glass case filled with black & white masks of famous people (John F. Kennedy was one), and there was one of my dad as well. I took a B&W selfie in the reflection of the cabinet to make it look like there was a mask of me. There was also a large statue of some famous Olympic runner.

I was dating a young woman (partly an old co-worker of mine, I think) and Satan was trying to steal her away from me. He looked more comical than scary, like someone wearing a Halloween costume. I found some way to distract him long enough to rescue her. She said something like, "Now we can finish our date." and kissed me, but I was afraid that I would gross her out because I was eating a tomato sandwich with mayo and still had a mouthful of it.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Two brief dreams that I had shortly before waking up this morning...

Apr 21-22, 2020: "Lucid Flying and Cabbage Soup"

I was in my bedroom and noticed that the time on my digital clock kept changing, which made me realize that I was dreaming. I flew out the back door and over the marsh behing my house. I tried going really high above the clouds, but could only make it about 50 feet or so up into the air. I landed on a ladder-like tower and waved to my next door neighbor down below. I jumped off just to see what would happen. I expected to be jarred awake but actually landed very smoothly. I ran into some young redheaded woman on the sidewalk and started making out with her, but then I noticed that her teeth were brown and nasty-looking so I stopped!

I was in the kitchen preparing to make a soup with cabbage and other assorted vegetables, but I realized that the cabbage had gotten old and slimy so I used a can of sauerkraut instead.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I woke up laughing from this one...

Apr 23-24, 2020: "Outdoor Shower"

For some reason I couldn't use my bathroom shower but I had one in my back yard. I obviously didn't want to be nude in case anyone saw me, so I looked for something like boxer shorts that I could wear. Unfortunately, all that I could find were someone else's underwear that looked like floral thong panties! (Keep in mind that I'm a 50 year-old dude. Sexy.)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I've been really missing my dreams lately, because I usually end up resorting to Klonopin when my stress and anxiety keep me awake. It knocks me out for a few hours if I'm lucky, but it's never good quality sleep.

I'm attempting to release my nervous energy by healthier means (exercise, writing, meditation, etc.) so that I can hopefully fall asleep naturally and get the REM sleep that I've been deprived of lately.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Flyer, I feel like we both share this trait. Since I was little I kept having these dreams.. Nightmares only, that's the weird thing. Can't remember a beautiful one. I am not sick, they don't harm me anymore. My therapists told me that I have a chemical imbalance and I've created what I call "Safe Box", which literally is a fuckin box. Sometimes when I can't handle, I hide there.