• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

I kept having a re accruing dream where I was in some kind of Labyrinth and I had to figure out the answer.
I found the answer each time but it slipped from my grasp, just out of reach, every time I woke up.
I would rack my brain and it was right there but I couldn’t quite reach it.
It has frustrated me for years now!

I knew this had something to do with my health problems.
My body was literally showing me the answer and that this was something I had to figure out!

Ever since getting to the right doctor and getting diagnosed with Narcolepsy, this dream has gone away!
YAY! Finally!! Found the answer so I can face this fucker head on and kick it’s ass!

^ That sounds like dreams I have when rebounding from gabapentinoids (I tend to get a day of rebound semi-withdrawal after I dose phenibut, sometimes anyway. I also have withdrawn from full-on dependence a few times and the same thing happens every night). They're extremely vivid and abstract and they involve the obsessive need to solve some mental problem. It's hard to describe but I keep waking up or semi-waking up and being really annoyed because even when I wake up I can't stop thinking this mental process. Sometimes it also involves the position of my body so I have to keep turning over and stuff. Then when I do wake up it takes a good 30 minutes to shake it sometimes, it's like in the background I'm still sort of connected to the mental process. It's very OCD-like. Maybe it's not the same at all, but your description reminded me of it. It definitely feels like I'm on the brink of something but also like I can't put it down even if I want to, even if I realize it's just some obsessive mental loop.

If I remember correctly then yeah. You were just dancing around with a mace.

Haha, well I actually have a beard, and I do all of my dancing with a mace. ;)

Haha, well I actually have a beard, and I do all of my dancing with a mace. ;)
uduAjob.gif

Happy New Year's everyone! I've had a lot of trouble sleeping lately for numerous reasons, and the only dreams I've had have been very vague and hard to describe. For instance...

- An airplane made of fish that nobody wanted to fly in because it smelled bad!

- A room filled with the bodies of Christian martyrs from ancient times.

- Obscene photographs that I was able to transform into more innocent-looking ones somehow.

I'm hoping for some good REM sleep soon.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

Holy shit i just remembered my dream from last night. First in a couple months:

I saw two kids dragging a TV on a cart down the street and followed them. They took it to a scrap yard. I got to know the people owning the yard and they welcomed me into the "gang" to try and steal shit for scraps. They said cars are worth $10,000, and really tried to convince me to steal cars. Ultimately i did not. That's all i remember.

Maybe it's like, i'm on probation and my friends are trying to convince me to do drugs but i won't. Maybe that's what it means.

I don’t know where to really put this but it seemed relevant enough.

I sometimes have very intense reoccurring dreams, I’ve always had sleep issues as an adult, it could be medication and bad sleep habits but I just wonder what causes this to happen.

For example, the night before last and last night into this morning I was able to “resume” a reoccurring dream that I somewhat enjoy with several hours between having woken up from that dream, participated in consciousness for a day and then upon waking almost having finished it. I can give a rundown of the dream but it’s not really anything special except in that it’s extremely sci-fi (set on a cargo ship in space in definitely not this time period) and I’ve had it more than once.
There are two other dream I come across every couple years but haven’t in a long time.
Anyway, anyone else able to resume a dream without consciously trying to? I was a little bummed I didn’t get to finish the dream yesterday so maybe that’s why it was lying in my subconscious?

dream is this for anyone interested:
I’m some sort of lower class citizen and manage to get on a large cargo ship (in outer space) that doubles as some sort of post apocalyptic emergency vessel. I’m mostly there alone but I have a couple people I’m friends with or ok with, actual people that were in my life that I no longer talk to, but nobody significant enough that it makes sense for them to be there.
There are heaps of rooms and nooks and crannies aboard this spaceship and I am mostly confined to an area where there are lots of old “earth” things: couches, wooden chairs, old photos, almost feels like a really packed junk shop— pretty sure this is where I “live”. At some point, I am given a horribly old space suit and given a job as a “fire sweep”, where I have to go outside the ship into space and take something similar to a futuristic flame thrower and burn off space debris from the hull of the ship. It’s obviously a very dangerous shitty job, and I am aware that my glass mask is cracked and held together by duct tape, yet it is enough and does the trick. And for whatever reason I like this job, I feel free and I get to bounce around on a long cord in outer space with a flame thrower :?
The turning point of the dream is we are basically attacked by what seems to be a large government type ship that is looking to consolidate power - there’s a resistance, I play a small part and there’s some details like sneaking some kind of technology around that helps the resistance, I watch someone betray their lover and I have to decide if I tell the person (an acquaintance I like is the betrayed) and honestly it just feels like a B sci-fi flick in the end.

I was dreaming I was in some sort of fantasy world trying to figure out how to get out. It was controlled by some sort of entities. And something about "they didn't even get to celebrate Christmas" about the other people stuck in the fantasy world. 😂

Anyway, anyone else able to resume a dream without consciously trying to? I was a little bummed I didn’t get to finish the dream yesterday so maybe that’s why it was lying in my subconscious?

Yeah. It's a matter of self-control, if you ever experienced ''Astral Projection'' this wouldn't happen. You can click on THIS to learn more about astral projection, isn't hard and it's very cool. You can do whatever you think or want. This is the place where you let go of imagination, the so called ''wonderland''.

Yeah. It's a matter of self-control, if you ever experienced ''Astral Projection'' this wouldn't happen. You can click on THIS to learn more about astral projection, isn't hard and it's very cool. You can do whatever you think or want. This is the place where you let go of imagination, the so called ''wonderland''.
Ah I’ve certainly heard but never looked into this. I do love the idea about the rope bit (very parallel to the whole floating in space with a tether while bouncing around in a space suit.)
If I am lucid dreaming which it sounds like what this is, I think I may be doing it a lot, for a very long time wether due to something like sleep apnea or tolerance to meds etc.
I often don’t sleep very deep when I am alone and have a lot of dreams that I can remember well and don’t lose.. I’m exhausted during the day often as well. Anyway thanks for the link I enjoyed it. Resuming that dream was fun, if I have another situation like that I’ll certainly try to do it on purpose.

and thinking about something like this..
Sometimes when I work a lot (60-70hrs or more a week) I won’t really sleep at all but go into a dream where I am just working, every detail, and when I wake it’s like I never left work at all. It would be useful to stop this type of dream because it causes me to feel very unrested.

Had a dream that i was in a fight with some kid on the train, but my right hand punches were in slow motion and barely knocked him down, so i had to use my left hand.

?

The fuck Freud.
I’ve had so many dreams like that - where I’m fighting or trying to defend myself and no matter how hard I am trying (in the dream) I can barely move my limbs, or am very weak or slow - I have suspected it’s reflective of your mind being somewhat aware that you are in a state of paralysis while sleeping while somewhat awake/lucid

I had a few vivid dreams this past week that I never got around to copying from my handwritten journal until now. I'll try to post at least a couple here before I have to get offline...

Jan 2-3, 2020: "Scenes From a Firehouse/Creepy Photographer"

I was working at a fire station that had a store/deli inside. One of my co-workers crashed a fire truck into the building and they found that he was addicted to opioids and stashing Vicodin in the bathroom there. Someone taught me how to shoot a rifle outside. There were some random sex acts going on in the back room and it made me a little uncomfortable. When I left work I had to walk through deep snow to get to my car.

I went to a nearby building for something and there was some creepy dude there posing as a modelling photographer to lure teenage girls in. I ended up at my friends house eating multiple sandwiches and fries. My mom was there and I showed her how to shoot the rifle in case she ever needed to defend herself against a burglar or anything.

There was also something about a teenage guy who took something like PCP and freaked out. He ended up in the bathroom of a stranger's house, looked in the mirror and said, "What did I TAKE?".

Jan 3-4, 2020: "Late Shift/Parking Lot Critters"

I was working late at a combination restaurant/bookstore and felt stressed out because I had to open the next morning. I asked a manager if I could clock out to get some sleep but she actually made me stay late instead. One table ordered seafood out of a fish tank and a cigar for desert. I left around 2am but ended up having to do something else on an ice cream truck in the parking lot before I could go home.

The lot was filled with various farm animals and dog-sized rats that started attacking me, so I started running and jumping over gaps in the sidewalk, which was more like scaffolding or something.

Oh yeah, and I got humped by a baby cow! That was fun (not).

I went back to the lot to get my car and somebody wanted me to write a dirty caption to a Garfield comic strip for some sort of contest, but I didn't feel right about doing it and said no.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Ha ha, I did last night as a matter of fact! Got up to pee, jotted down a few keywords to remember my dream then went right back to it. Writing it down may have helped me resume it. I haven't gotten around to posting it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, let me see if I can get caught up on the rest here...

Jan 4-5, 2020: "Eric Clapton"

There were a bunch of musical instruments set up alongside of a main road where everybody was welcome to come by and play them. My buddy and I started jamming out and we heard that Eric Clapton was supposed to be joining us on guitar, but we found him drunk at a nearby diner with people convincing him to re-enter rehab.

Jan 5-6, 2020: "Navy"

I realized that I had just signed up for 4 years in the Navy and wanted to get out but they wouldn't let me. They had me doing hard drills on a cold dark beach like in the SEALs and I kept throwing up from the exhaustion (I wasn't queasy in real life either before or after sleeping) but trying to hide it from the instructors so I wouldn't look weak. I got to stop back home very briefly and tried to rest but couldn't fall asleep because a little black kitty kept playing with me by attacking my ankles.

Jan 7-8, 2020: "Scenes from a Seedy Motel"

I was in a trashy-looking motel and some young guy was there acting really sketchy. He was leaving with a bunch of his dad's fishing gear and I got the impression that he was going to sell it for drug money. Two young women there were sisters (twins?) and looked like a cross between Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry. One of them performed oral sex on the creepy dude right in front of me and I was jealous. I went out and blasted some sad r&b tune in my car but I don't remember which one it was.

(I actually got up to pee at this point, then went back to the same exact dream.)

Back at the motel, drug addicts were eating huge bags of Skittles because they thought it would get them high (well, maybe a sugar rush). There was some kind of TV sitcom reunion taking place in a few of the rooms there. The guy who played Marshall on "How I Met Your Mother" (Jason Segel) looked really ill and said that he was being treated for cancer of the appendix.

It ended back in my yard where some lady was lying in the driveway getting a massage. There was a large conveyor belt that ran to the top of my street and I was launching items like packing materials on it very fast, then I stopped because I was worried about someone being hit by them.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Hey everyone! Just wanted to all to know that I'm still alive and well; I just haven't had any noteworthy dreams to post lately. I haven't had much quality sleep lately for a number of reasons (mainly my mind keeping me awake all night from stress and worry), and the few dreams that I remember are so mundane and vague that they're not even worth taking up space on here.

For instance, I dreamed the other night that I kept driving around looking for a place to eat but they were all closed. Riveting stuff.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Hey dreamflyer, thanks for checking in. :)

I had a few really vivid dreams last week but I've been so overwhelmingly busy with work and music that I had no time to think about them when I woke, let alone write them down, so now I remember literally nothing whatsoever about them, except that I had some dreams that really impressed me when I first woke up because of how vivid they were.

It's so odd how you can utterly forget dreams so easily.

I've remembered a few dream fragments from the past week or so...

- My friend said that he was angry with me for making negative comments about his wife that concerened their grandson, because he didn't want the boy to be involved.

- My dad (deceased in real life) was acting very disoriented and thought that it was late at night when it was still early in the day. I ran to get my mom and tell her that he wasn't acting right.

- I found an old Kodak photo of myself snow sledding with my mom, aunt and cousin from back when I was about 10 years old. I was seated next to my cousin who I had a little crush on at the time (hey, she was 18 and I'm only human, lol) and said something like, "Yeah, I bet I was feeling really warm when *that* picture was taken!".

- Some young woman who was a competative eater showed me her secret; she had a large open hole in her stomach and was able to remove the food by hand before it ever got digested.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Had a dream in great detail and lucidity.

I was in a warehouse and a Asian had just got his car stolen. From there he left and all the phones in the world went black. Then Kim from NK got on television and Told Trump and you ready to surrender this first and squash our beef.

Then president Trump was in the warehouse and the all the doors locked themselves. Kim said move your finger back and forth on your phone to turn it back on as a answer to yes.

I didn’t do it but The President did. All of a sudden the doors unlocked and President Bush Jr came in wearing a Military Outfit saying President the world has been deceiving the whole world. We had to make it look like the left and right where against each other because the Anti Christ is over seas at the Vatican and our Nation was the hiding place for Gods ppl.

We had missiles flown into the Twin Towers, we had to make it look like it was planes as not to alarm anyone. We have been fighting the Anti Christ for years. us Kim the whole world. He deceived so many and is at his Vatican mansion and this is the last chance to take him out so we need you President Trump to get into this Helicopter and send a Nuke to destroy his haven. Trump shakened and scared said ok.

He gets into the Aircraft and nukes the AC. Then I was drawn closer to where I could see his haven and the AC is running madly and saying all those who had received the mark run for the Hills.

It was a trip of a dream.