• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

I had some really, really vivid and strange dreams last night. I wish I had written them down but I seem to have come down with something. I felt like crap right before I went to bed and all night had near-lucid dreams... they were somewhat anxiety-filled but also interesting. Really felt like ass when I woke up and still pretty much do, so I didn't have the energy to try to write them down.

Yep, damn it, can't remember much of anything anymore. :\

my dreams recently have reflected the utterly horrendous turn of events my life has taken.

on Wednesday I dreamed that i'd given someone some mint chocolate (which I hate) but was completely incapable of stopping myself from eating all of it. so i ate it despite hating every bite and feeling awful about eating something i'd given to someone as a gift. then i tried to purge it because i couldn't stand having it inside me. i've never dreamt about purging food, and its not something i majorly did even in my severely eating disordered days.

then a couple of nights ago i had my first drug dream in a long time. was pretty jokes though i wanted to hide b & w use from people in NA so i wouldn't lise my clean time, guess that shows they have strong social pressure not to use.

My dreams have been very sporadic lately but I do remember a few...

Oct 4-5, 2019: "Edible Puffin"

I went to Krauser's convenience store and they were selling whole puffins behind the counter as food. They also had other birds and fish for sale. I'm a vegetarian and ended up buying a Stouffer's Mac & Cheese w/Baked Beans frozen dinner.

Oct 5-6, 2019: "Sun Visor"

I was looking online for a picture that I could have made into a full-sized sun visor to put in my car window. There was one of Jim Morrison but it seemed kind of boring so I ended up looking at some that featured cubist art like Picasso's. One depicted a girl sitting in a chair inside a house with the front door open. There were rays of light coming in and she was surrounded by squares in different shades of yellow, orange & red. (I want to try painting it one of these days, but it probably won't come close to the dream version.)

Oct 6-7, 2019: "Mariska Hargitay"

(This is the 2nd time that she's appeared in one of my dreams recently.)

Mariska Hargitay from "Law & Order: SVU" was signing autographs out on the lawn somwhere and got called away on a job as her character Olivia Benson from the TV show. Apparently young women were being strangled and she had to go undercover as a sex worker to catch the killer. It ended with her licking a live gecko!

Oct 7-8, 2019: "Assorted Gross Foods"

I had rare old coins soaking in a vat of acid to clean them off, and when I emptied it out there was also leftover food from Taco Bell inside. My dad started eating it despite my warnings and got chemical burns in his mouth.

I was collecting old scraps of food like bits of hot dogs or sausages, along with newspaper clippings that related to them somehow. I was keeping them in a fire safe and realized that they were getting rancid without refrigeration.

I ordered Chinese food with Link from "Good Mythical Morning" and a couple of other guys that he was friends with. One of them ordered a "beef stomach cancer" dish (yes, actual stomach tumors from a cow) and I said, "That's just wrong on SO many levels!".

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:rolleyes:

One of the stranger dreams I've had: I had 6 or 7 cats, one of them was black and wearing a sexy outfit so I tried to have sex with it. I think I was successful but it was inconclusive.

Gosh mate I thought your pussy obsession was just a day thing! This wasn't you pulling the piss out of me was it?
Screenshot_20190926-184244_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20190926-184254_Samsung Internet.jpg

??

Andy

Last edited:
Oh man my dreams have been intense and weird this week. Last night's were pretty awful honestly. I was dreaming that I was digging around in the ground, it was winter and the ground was frozen. I came across a jar that had severed human body parts in it. Then it was like it came back in a flood, all these memories of me hiding body parts in the ground when I was younger. It was like there was a block in my memory, but I was pretty sure it was from people I had killed. I don't remember all the details but it was a very grim and grisly feeling dream, and it was creeping me out really bad. I kept waking up and it was the middle of the night and pitch dark. I always went back into the same dream (this basically always happens now, I have the same dream all night and I wake up and go back into it repeatedly). While I was awake here was a feeling of resignation, knowing I would be going back there, and it kept getting darker, too. Gradually I ended up being underground crammed into really tight passages I could barely squeeze through, encountering all these semi-frozen, rotting body parts that presumably I was hiding. The dream(s) started to attain a level of desperation, like, what the fuck, I need to dispose of all these body parts, I don't want to go to jail. At one point I ended up with nasty rotting body part dirt in my mouth. I was feeling a really bizarre combination of guilt and confusion and disgust and fear. Every time I woke up I wished that it would be starting to get light but it wasn't, and I also realized I had to pee but I didn't want to get up and have to be in the bathroom by myself. But finally I did have to get up, and I went. I kept trying not to imagine rotting body parts, to no avail, it was really not a good feeling in the bathroom.

When I went back to bed, I was in Chicago sudden;y, but I had a bag of body parts. I snuck out and threw them away in a public garbage bin. After that, the dream shifted to me being at a giant house party with some people, and I started to shake off the really ugly nature of the rest of the night's dreaming.

It was really weird. My dreams almost never scare me but this one did. It was terror, it was worse because it was like finding out I had blocked out that I was a serial killer, and the feeling of being underground mixed in with a bunch of remnants of people I had probably killed was a really nasty feeling. Weird shit.

Dang man, that sounds creepy!

My dream last night was some kid gave me a vial of what i thought was water, then after i drank all of it he's like, "surprise, it's weed". And in my dream i was on probation, like i am, and fucking got pissed but the dream ended before i smacked him across the face, unfortunately.

Dang man, that sounds creepy!

My dream last night was some kid gave me a vial of what i thought was water, then after i drank all of it he's like, "surprise, it's weed". And in my dream i was on probation, like i am, and fucking got pissed but the dream ended before i smacked him across the face, unfortunately.

Hopefully you bump into him again and give him a bit of rough and tumble for fucking with your probation!

My dreams the past few nights have been numerous, long and insanely detailed, so I think I'll just post a couple at a time until I get caught up...

Oct 8-9, 2019: "Festival Freakout"

(When I was about 18 years old, I went through a serious spiritual crisis that lasted a couple more years. I was constantly questioning my faith/beliefs and terrified of making the wrong choice. My best friend at the time spent countless hours dealing with me, and he's the one mentioned in this dream.)

I went to some kind of outdoor festival with my old buddy and his date (a girl from high school that he liked in real life). We had supposedly been there before when we were about 18, and I started having stong deja vu/flashbacks from that time. We entered an office-type building and a woman was levitating off the floor, apparently through some sort of witchcraft or black magic. I started to freak out and told him that everything felt very evil and wrong to me. We all sat at a picnic table outside and they were supposed to see a movie at the theater in a nearby building, but he told her that he had to look after me instead. He seemed really annoyed about it and I felt terrible for ruining his date. I kept on telling him that I was fine but he didn't believe me.

Somehow I ended up walking through the fairgrounds with her instead. We went inside a small eatery and she started flirting with me. I enjoyed it somewhat but tried to resist because I knew how much he liked her. On my arm I saw what looked like a half dollar-sized melanoma, which obviously frightened me a great deal. (The dream must have turned lucid for just a moment, because I remember wondering if my body was trying to tell me that there was something wrong with it in real life.) She and I then volunteered at this outdoor farm/barnyard-looking area, dumping out huge bags of cocaine that the South American government had apparenlty seized.

At some point my buddy joined us and we ended up at the Wallgreen's pharmacy near where I used to live with my ex. There were 4 kitties hanging out in the parking lot and I was worried about them being hit by cars. I had to give her a ride somewhere and "Babe" by Styx came on the radio. I did a drumroll on the steering wheel with my fingers and told her that I played. We ended up in my old bandmate's basement and she wanted me to play the drums for her, but I didn't feel right about it because I hadn't gotten permission to use them.

Oct 9-10, 2019: "Arcade Alcoholic/Slash & Duff"

I went to an old video game arcade from the 1980's and it felt as though I had actually stepped back in time. Everything looked exactly as it did back then, including the people. I saw this guy that I had supposedly known from back then. He looked young with 80's-style clothing and a blond mullet, but was supposed to be about 50 years old. He had apparently been a hardcore alcoholic who ended up with liver cirrhosis and wrote a book about it.

The arcade turned into the old machine shop where my dad used to work, and Slash from Guns 'n' Roses was working there. He was apparently going through heroin withdrawal and said that Duff McKagan was going to give him some kind of contraption to help with it, which I envisioned as something attached to a heavy-duty power cord with a plug that went up his nose.

I ended up going to get this thing from Duff, who was living nearby. When I got to his place, this thing was in a bunch of individually-wrapped pieces that I had to carry down a steep flight of stairs, and I was irritated because he didn't offer to help me. He also wanted me to bring a bunch of books downstairs for him, but I said that I'd have to come back for those.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Okay, I have a few minutes free so I'll pick up where I left off here...

Oct 9-10, 2019: "Meat Pants"

I was at a Chinese restaurant and ordered edible pants that were wrapped in bacon. They cost me a lot of money and after I put them on, I realized that I couldn't eat them because I'm a vegetarian!

Oct 10-11, 2019: "Accused Of Being On Drugs/Another Pooping In Public Dream"

I went to some (realtor's?) office building with my mom and felt very confused. I couldn't hold a conversation properly and walked into the ladies' room by mistake. She accused me of being drunk or on drugs but I wasn't. Some guy came in and said that he found a large ball of tinfoil with cigarette butts and heroin wrapped in it out by the road, and suspected me of leaving it there.

I drove away and realized that I had pooped in my pants. I pulled into a church parking lot to wipe myself and almost hit a boy on his bicycle. I realized that there were people around and worried that I would be arrested for indecent exposure if I pulled my pants down in the car.

Same Night: "Billy Joel's House/Trouble Driving/King Kong"

I went to a local beach and saw a building out on the sand that was about 10 floors high and looked like a hotel. Someone said that it was Billy Joel's summer home so I went to get a closer look. When I walked around the side, I saw that the building was only about 2 feet wide and wondered how anyone or anything could fit inside of it.

I went for a drive down the parkway and had to steer my car by using a program like Google Maps on the computer. I had a lot of trouble controlling it and almost crashed several times. I also kept missing exits and getting lost in the process.

I ended up back on the beach, but this time it was around 1933 and they were filming the first "King Kong" movie (the one with Fay Wray in it) at Billy Joel's house. They said that I could get a small acting role in it, but first I had to get fitted for a 1930's-style suit. I showed them my modern sneakers and tried to explain that I was from the year 2019, but nobody seemed to understand or believe me.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Oct 9-10, 2019: "Meat Pants"

I was at a Chinese restaurant and ordered edible pants that were wrapped in bacon. They cost me a lot of money and after I put them on, I realized that I couldn't eat them because I'm a vegetarian!

This actually kind of sounds like something you might see in a Chinese advertisement... or maybe Japan actually. =D I've seen some WEIRD shit in Japanese advertisements and commercials.

Thanks so much! That's awesome. Dreams are such a universal (and bizarre) part of the human experience that they've always fascinated me.

Very true! I have always half thought that its a peak into another dimension that we are in.. one in which our subconscious is present.. I wish we new more about them

I'm still trying to play catch-up here whenever I get a chance...

Oct 11-12, 2019: "Eric Clapton Contest"

I entered a contest to paint Eric Clapton's electric guitar and the winner would be awarded free studio time to record a demo. My dad accused me of cheating somehow and called me a "fraud", which made me very angry and I said, "Go f--- yourself!" before storming away. I immediately felt really guilty about talking to him that way and had a female friend tell him that I was sorry because I was too embarrassed to do it myself.

I had gotten back together with one of my ex-girlfriends and didn't really want to be with her. I expressed my concerns to Clapton in the back seat of some car and he was barefoot. He made a joke about looking like 2 teenages about to make out and I said laughingly, "Don't worry; I don't wanna suck your toes!".

Apparently I won the prize and he played me a bunch of instrumental tracks for adding vocals to. They were all supposed to be unknown songs from up and coming writers, but I recognized one as "Lady" by Kenny Rogers.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

So I've been having this nightmare where I'm staying at this big lake house and it's like I'm in hiding or something.

I'm staying there with other random people. It's like we've been on the run together for a long time. We didn't break out of prison or anything...it's like we are hiding from some kind of cosmic or extraterrestrial beings that are hunting us down.

This last time the dream opened with us sitting outside. We must have been really confident they didn't know our whereabouts because me and this woman were talking and watching her daughter play in the driveway. Feels like summer, late in the day. Almost dark but not quite.

Pretty soon I see car rolling in off in the distance. I tell the woman to take her kid and run. Pretty soon I'm flooded in super bright headlights. It's over, they've finally got me.

Have any of you ever read Low Men in Yellow Coats by Stephen King?

Last edited:
I forgot to take notes when I woke up, so I'm night sure which night(s?) these were from...

Oct 13-14(?), 2019: "Pulled Around Yard"

I was in the back yard of the house where I grew up, being pulled around fast and uncontrollably by two ropes that were connected to a handle of some sort (kind of like they use to steer sled dogs with). It was very scary but I was afraid to let go.

Same Night(?): "Creepy Theater House"

I was in a large building with many rooms that was like a cross between a house and a theater. It was filled with people that I didn't know, and everything had sort of a dark creepy feel to it. I felt dirty and sweaty like I needed a shower, but I didn't want to take one there. I was really depressed and miserable for some reason and kept looking for pills or crack rocks on the floor.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I find it quite amusing. How do you have these dreams? Really, how? And please don't say drugs or imaginary things, thanks.

I find it quite amusing. How do you have these dreams? Really, how? And please don't say drugs or imaginary things, thanks.

Me? I've had vivid dreams for as long as I can remember. And because I always found them so fascinating, I started writing them down in my early-mid teens (though not on a regular basis until I was in my 20's). Keeping a dream journal not only helps me remember them, but I think that it "primes" me to have future dreams by keeping it on my mind.

I've tried countless herbs and supplements in an attempt to induce dreams (melatonin, l-tryptophan, alpha-gpc, kava, mugwort, calea zacatachichi, huperzine-a, bacopa monnieri, etc.), but I've never found anything that definitively worked on me.

As far as pharmaceutical or recreational drugs are concerned, I always found them to be counterproductive to dreaming. Alcohol, benzos, opioids, even Benadryl... I either wouldn't dream or couldn't remember them if I did. I think that a lot of drugs surpress REM sleep, which is the most important phase not only for dreaming but for a good night's sleep in general.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep: