• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

“Our future drugs will come from the oceans”

I've once seen a documentary about dolphins in witch they used some kind of a fish to get high upon, the one that is yellow with stingies allover it and that can become become bigger like a balloon. They'd float on their backs for 10-15minutes afterwards, and was popular only amongst the young "mid-adults" dolphins
Reminds me of a documentary I saw about lemurs licking poisonous millipedes just to get an effect.

Concerning dolphins; my aunt recently sent me a book entitled “Beyond Words: What Animals Think And Feel” by Carl Safina. It had an anecdote about a six month old dolphin named Dolly: “…Dolly was watching a trainer standing at the window smoking a cigarette, blowing puffs of smoke. Dolly swam to her mother, briefly suckled, then returned to the window and released a cloud of milk that engulfed her head.” at the trainer.

Personally I would've taken a drink of milk, submerged my head and blew it out, as a proper response. Emulation is (is deeply rooted in, I should say) the neuroscience of interspecies communication.