• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Well, after not sleeping for almost two days, I finally fell asleep for about an hour this morning and dreamed that I was walking around with a pillow trying to find a place to sleep!

:rolleyes:

Dreamt I found someone's backpack and it had money in it but the money was counterfeit. I was trying to keep it but my parents didn't want me to. Also something about some place like a car dealership or mechanic and also alcohol. lol

Just as I expected, I've had two dream-filled nights after being deprived of them for so long. I'll probably only have time to post the first one for now...

August 4-5, 2019: "Scenes From A Whaling Ship"

(As most of you probably realize by now, I'm a huge fan of literature/music/movies/art, so famous people are always making cameos in my dreams.)

I was on a large whaling boat that seemed to be in a few different eras between the 1800's and the present time. I cooked a meal consisting of salmon with rice and a vegetable puree. Walt Whitman and Herman Melville both tried it, as did my mom. When I gave it to her, Mr. Creosote from Monty Python's "Meaning of Life" was on the TV and I imitated the waiter (John Cleese) in the scene, saying "It's very delicate." in my best pseudo-French accent!

Dennis Wilson from the Beach Boys was in bed having an alcoholic seizure, and at that time it was supposed to be shortly before he died in 1983. I remember wanting to help him but knowing that I really couldn't do anything because he had already passed away in real life. (I didn't actually realize that I was dreaming though.)

When I spoke, my voice started to come over a loudspeaker outside. At this point we were docked in a large harbor and it was late at night. I stopped talking because I didn't want to wake everyone up. The noise had apparently attracted three cute little kitten-sized cows, which began following me around. Suddenly the baby cows were gone and somebody said that they had snuck outside and drowned, which made me feel terrible and also responsible for not keeping a better eye on them.

At some point it turned into the condo where I used to live with my ex and I was cooking something with cheese that hung on strings from the kitchen ceiling. My old puppy was there and I was really happy to see him (it's been over 15 years), but he didn't seem to notice/recognize me and that made me sad. I was also online watching the movie "Lust For Life" (about Vincent Van Gogh) and some old footage of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall for a while.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Dreamt last night that I was in some sort of rehab for 3 weeks. I remember coloring shit sort of like in a coloring book, and I think also trying to get out. lol

Bizzare dreams last night:

1). Was trying to pepper spray one of 5 guys sitting on a ledge just for fun, and sprayed myself instead. Got pissed that I sprayed myself, and tackled a totally different guy off the ledge.

2). Trying to cop a ball of coke. Went through all these social and physical tests to prove I was "cool" and not a cop. At the near end, I said "fuck this just give me the blow I'm done" and the dealer got mad and gave me a beat bag.

A couple of nights ago I had a dream that my girl and I were having sex, and it was like the best sex ever (which she told me afterwards). It was weird, I really felt it, it was quite realistic, but I didn't cum, but she did. It was a great dream. But then I woke up and went back to sleep and had a dream that my ex was there and she kept trying to cuddle me and get me to have sex with her and I was like oh no, fuck. But I wanted to do it and was kind of enjoying the attention and I started to feel some not-bad feelings towards her.

I started to post last night's crazy dreams and realized that I still need to get caught up on my previous ones, so I'll pick up where I left off first...

Aug 4-5, 2019: "Stuck In A Gym"

I was in a large high school-type gymnasium with multiple levels that had a weight room along with basketball courts and such. I kept going up and down flights of stairs trying to find my way out but couldn't. One time I found a door that led outside and started walking across a large field where people were playing either baseball or cricket. When I finally found the parking lot, I realized that it was fenced in by razor wire and went back inside the building.

I ran into a female gym teacher who seemed to be flirting with me. She asked me to hold or carry a bunch of her team's field hockey equipment and I joked that I don't even play the sport 'cuz I'm a dude. I found a book about some people from my old high school who had supposedly started a rock band and did some kind of political activism. (They were more like composite dream versions of a few kids I knew rather than the actual people.)

I finally found my way to the front lobby and walked outside. Arnold Schwarzenegger was leaving at the same time and said, "I'll be BACK!" to everyone there. In the parking lot, someone drove into the building and sped off. As I walked around trying to find my car (which I can never seem to do in dreams), a police officer was trying to find the driver who crashed. I said that I didn't see anything, then worried that he would think it was me.

Aug 5-6, 2019: "Smoke Storm"

I was in the parking lot of a local shopping plaza and heard that a fire had occurred at a nearby concert. I tried to drive away but a huge smoke/dust cloud rolled in and I couldn't see anything. I got out of the car and ran to find shelter, ending up at the downtown green. People were running around everywhere and screaming.

It turned into partly a movie or TV show that was taking place in real life, and there was some supernatural psycho killer dude/monster who was leaving dead bodies around nearby. He flew onto the roof of a building and started moving/transforming objects by shooting colored rays out of his hands.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

i had the worst dreams the last two nights. not the being chased through a horror house with a group of friends kinda nightmare that i actually enjoy, but actually dark stuff like using drugs i've sworn off or realizing i've done something that's gonna land me in prison and knowing my only two options are the humiliation of trial follow by confinement or suicide.

don't wanna describe them all, but this morning's right before i woke up ... i was helping this person i haven't seen in over a decade vacuum seal large quantities of drugs. mostly stuff i wasn't interested in like weed and soft coke, but i noticed a little bag of hard. it was cut in perfect cubes with un-crumbled edges and no bubbles, which in my old city was always a sign of the best stuff. i asked if they had a pipe and could i take a hit, and they said sure. the pipe was really short and made out of plastic. i felt sick and my hands were shaking so hard i could hardly keep the pieces in place, because this imaginary pipe had an odd screen you couldn't premelt the rock into. i smoked it anyways and it was horribly gross and everyone was like i can't believe you did that, that's not how you use that kind of pipe.

then i woke up and had my first lure-you-back-in missed call from a connect. for heroin, not crack, but still odd timing. of course not calling them back.

If I would describe a dream with a track, I would do with this one. Find me a more dark melancholic than this. There just isn't.

I had a dream with 3 girls I knew from highschool. I knew the same stuff about them I know in waking life. I remember telling them detailed stuff about their lives. Starting doing lucid dream practice stuff while awake. I feel having more lucid dreams isn't far off.. Pretty cool

Wow, I just realized how far behind I am on posting these. I'll try to keep them relatively short, both to get caught up and so I don't bore everyone to death...

Aug 6-7, 2019: "Dad's Old Lab"

I was in the basement and found a bunch of old lab equipment from around the early 1960's that belonged to my dad in college. A lot of the glass containers still had the contents in them. One contained some form of opium/morphine and another one had a ginger root in it.

Same Night: "Flat Tire, Etc."

I got a flat tire in the parking lot of a shopping center. I was with an old friend (actually a combination of two guys that I hung out with years ago) and he seemed annoyed with me for some reason. While I called for roadside assistance, he started to fistfight another guy. I got the impression that it was more of a sport/contest than an actual brawl.

This switched to a number of short scenarios: I was watching a video of Geddy Lee from Rush passing out on stage from the flu, I watched a video of a girl that I dated back in my teens talking about how moody I was, I floated up to the sky on a small balloon held by a string, and I tried to re-create the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe that Martha Stewart had supposedly made for the White House and/or the Betty Ford Center!

Aug 7-8, 2019: "Scenes From A Garage"

My garage door kept going up and down on its own (it does this in real life sometimes when I use the automatic opener) so I had to close it manually. I found a toolbox with a bunch of my dad's old tools in it, which was very cool. I also found a bottle of tequila and drank some. My mom came out and said that she worries about me drinking too much.

This switched to being in someone's house taking a selfie of me with my dad and some other guy saying, "Thank God it's Friday!". (GROSS ALERT) I found a Ziplock bag full of vomit that I think was mine, apparently from drinking the tequila. There was also something about a movie where Luke Perry played a mafia guy in an office scene.

Aug 8-9, 2019: "Living With My Crazy Ex"

(This features my mentally abusive ex-girlfriend who still haunts my dreams from time to time!)

I found myself living in a condo/apartment with my ex and she was acting really psychotic. I kept trying to leave but she was making vague threats to the effect that I would regret it if I did, and I didn't know what to do because I really wasn't sure what she was capable of. She was also trying to get me to stay by making sexual advances, which worked to some extent for a while.

I told her that I was going somewhere and she followed me outside talking crazy. She said that she was pregnant and hadn't wanted to tell me for some reason, and used that as an excuse for how she was acting. I had the feeling that either she was making it up, or if it were true, it wasn't mine because I always used protection. She had decorated a Christmas tree with photos, candles and other strange items.

I ended up on the porch/sundeck of the building next door and there was a military sniper there with a rifle. He handed me another one and instructed me to aim the sights at my ex, then pull the trigger on the count of three. I realized that this was insane and didn't do it. I called my mom and told her that I needed to get away from his woman. My mom said that she would help me get moved out, with some assistance from none other than Celine Dion!!!

Aug 10-11, 2019: "Cash & Body On Beach"

I found a bunch of coins and dollar bills on a beach near the water. A couple of the coins were dented from what I assumed to be bullets. I saw a long mound in the sand that turned out to be some guy's dead body. I realized that it had to be the result of a murder/robbery and threw all the cash into the ocean before leaving.

Aug 13-14, 2019: "Overnight Ritual"

I was planning to spend the night alone in my grandfather's old cottage as some kind of Native American-type spiritual healing ritual. I left my car behind the local library, and the parking lot was also partly a combination of a basement and a bookstore somehow. I drew some symbols (an asterisk/star, a cross, a heart, a yin/yang and a couple others I think) on a piece of paper and on my forehead.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Dreamt I was in a modern church and there was a congregation going on with I think pipe organ music. I was trying to get out of the church but couldn't find a way until finally I talked to someone and you had to basically sign out if you were a guest. I was in the process of doing that with the intention of never coming back lol.

Haven't been dreaming too vividly, though this morning I kept thinking I was awake, doing that waking up within dreams thing where I began my day very mundanely. But not too clear. I think it's because of my weird sleep schedule, all weekend every weekend lately I've been on the road with my band, and then it takes the week to get back to normal... rinse, repeat. Of course given that, my life is sort of like a dream right now. :)

My dead best friend has started showing up in my dreams. Sometimes he's normal, sometimes his skin is burnt.

It's really unnerving because when he's there he's not usually involved in the dream. He's just there over by himself somewhere.

I had really vivid and bizzare dreams last night but can't be fucked to remember what happened.

I know - cliff hanger.

I had a dream the other day where my ex was at my house with some of our college friends, and it was super awkward. But we were both trying to be nice. I started playing piano in front of her which was really weird because I quit playing basically when I met her and she got her master's in piano performance. I was fumbling at it and I felt embarrassed. Then I woke up but it was so vivid that I kept thinking it really happened when my thoughts were wandering all throughout the day.