• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

I slept lightly last night and had a bunch of dreams. The one I remember the best involved me and my dad and we were staying at a giant hotel. I was in my friend's band for some reason, except I thought of it as my own. My dad was still sick but it was when he was still in a wheelchair that he could propel on his own, and his speech and general demeanor were like he was when he was healthy (he passed away a few months ago after a long battle with ALS).

Hey my friend, I had no idea that your dad passed away. My deepest condolences. I'm sure that you have the same mixed emotions that I had/have about losing my own dad last year. I miss him every day but also know that he was suffering in his body and ready to go.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

I haven't been smoking weed much lately and I always have way more intense dreams then and during sobriety in general (I have not been sober at all, just no weed - when I'm fully sober I dream like crazy). Anyway I had particularly intense dreams last night so I thought I'd share.

My first dream began very slowly, it took me forever to fall asleep. Gradually, as I laid there with my girlfriend, I began to believe I was hearing people talking downstairs (my house has an upstairs from the bedroom, not a downstairs). Then I started getting up. I mean I didn't really, but I thought I was. I was in my parents' house, and it was actually modern times as my dad was gone (usually my dreams are several years behind my real life in terms of people). My mom was having a party and my brother and sister were there, and this professional musician she hired who was playing guitar. I kept wanting to play my keyboard with him, but I kept getting distracted. Primarily, every time my girlfriend would shift I would realize I was in my bed with her and not hanging out with people, but I would still hear the people and I'd get back up and go rejoin them. The events of the night are hazy as this was my first dream of two, but a few things I remember.

At one point, I was with some musicians including the professional musician (who reminded me of a friend I went to college with who was a drummer). We were in some sort of video game world (like Mario-style), and we dropped into some room. A guy with me was describing something that it seemed like I was deeply familiar with, like I had been to this place many times before. We were trying to unlock a hidden room or something. He said that the key was about to drop and we had to expect it. I saw it drop and grabbed it, it looked like the Grateful Dead lightning bolt, and unlocked this panel. A tiny hole opened up, and the guy went through it... he basically stuck his hand in, and it started sucking his body through this tiny hole. I dropped the key by accident and it fell and vanished, and I knew that it would fall infinitely, and the feeling gave me some vertigo. The guy said it was okay because now it would always be open for everyone, as it should be. Then I went up to the hole. I said to one of the other guys that it was just like in some of my dreams I've had before where you approach this small opening and get sucked through as if you're immaterial. For some reason it didn't occur to me this was a dream though. I went up to it and stuck my hand in, and got sucked through, the feeling was really interesting and identical to other dreams I've had with these portals, which all have taken place in this city underneath the mountains that is a dream world I used to go to often but haven't been to in years. On the other side I found myself falling/flying through the air and sort of vaguely translated back to my parents' house, it was dawn. I was pissed because I had missed the whole party, but my brother had just gotten home from somewhere and said everyone was still hanging out. I set my keyboard up and started playing with the musicians, but I felt clumsy.

Then I semi-woke up in bed with my girlfriend again, and decided to get up to take some L-theanine because I realized I was sleeping really shallowly. I perceived it as the very crack of dawn, earlier than it had been a moment ago. I got up and walked to my "office", which was actually one of the upstairs rooms in my parents' house, down the hall from my room where we were sleeping (of course really I wasn't awake). I was trying to take some L-theanine, but I felt drunkenly clumsy, like my coordination just wouldn't work right, and I kept spilling it. Then I sat down to collect myself, and this woman came in. She was basically the same as this person I've met a few times at festivals, who helped me when I had a kidney stone earlier this year at a festival. She sat down and started talking to me and then put her hand on my leg and was really obviously making a move. I was sort of trying to ignore it and act like she wasn't but then she leaned in to kiss me and I was just went with it and we started making out. But then I woke up to my cat scratching at the door for food. I woke up for real this time, in my actual bed in my actual house, although it seemed no more real than the other false wake-ups. I went out to feed them, and saw it was only 4:00am, probably about 2 hours after I started dreaming. It seemed SO long. I took some actual L-theanine (pretty sure anyway) and went back to bed. L-theanine helps me sleep more deeply and I felt half awake up until then.

The next dream took place outside at night in a huge open field surrounded by forest. At first, it was a Burn that was a New Year's Eve party. There was a giant effigy, absolutely massive, multi-story, hundreds of feet tall. There was a festival with a bunch of vendors set up inside it, selling everything you could imagine. I was there with my boos and one of my co-workers from work. We were drinking beers and having a good time, exploring. My boss and I went looking for weed and smoked it (we are actually close and I told him about my ibogaine and opiate addiction stuff, but we've never really chilled in person though as the last time I actually saw him was like 10 years ago - I work remotely but we talk all the time). I spent a lot of time at this festival up in the effigy, met a lot of people, hanging out, etc... I don't really remember all the details, but eventually we climbed out because it was time for it to be burned.

I don't really remember the burning itself. After an indeterminate amount of time, the scene shifted. It was in the same place, but it became a multi-day camping festival. Music wasn't really a part of it, it was just a lot of people gathered and camping and partying. I was hanging out with a large group of people, one of them in particular. His name was Nick. At one point I saw some stuff he had and it was labeled with the name "Thanatos", and I was like whoa, I think this is Thanatos from Bluelight! I kept wanting to ask him but never actually did, but for some reason it seemed like it must be, based on him also knowing all kinds of stuff about drugs that most people don't. But then it seemed that he would have known the name Xorkoth if it was, even though there was no reason he should know that I had that name online.

Then it became this sort of medieval/magical thing, I was setting up my camp near these other people and one of them was evil or something, I don't really remember it well. I remember I was trying to thwart some plans he had based on how I was setting up my camp. That part was weird and the least clear part. I remember how vivid the stars were, and there was also very vivid Aurora Borealis in the sky, it was beautiful and otherworldly.

So Saturday came, in the dream I had been there since Thursday, and for some reason I had to go work (though it was Saturday) at my bandmate's parents' house (this is clearly a reference to how I played at a festival 15 minutes from his parents' house recently). For some reason, what I had to do was send my partially written book I paused years ago on writing, to my friend's boss. My boss (the same one I partied with at the Burn in my dream) was working with me with it. I had it on a floppy disk (an old-school 3.5 inch floppy) and had mailed it to him physically. He was displeased with the format, and me and my boss were discussing it. He had converted it to .rtf format in case he didn't have MS Word when he put it on the floppy. But it had removed all the formatting like bolding, centering, font size, etc. Then I realized I could just email the original .doc to the guy and did that.

Then I realized it was Saturday night and I wanted to go back to the festival because there was one more night. Thanatos was there at my friend's parents' house, but didn't want to go back, he wanted to go to this music venue an hour away to see a show. But the festival was about 10 minutes away. My bandmate assured him it was really close, and on the way. So we were getting ready to go, and then I woke up and realized it was all a dream and it was time to wake up.

I haven't had a night of dreaming that intense in quite a while. The first one in particular was very vivid and I kept going almost-lucid and having false awakenings.

Hey my friend, I had no idea that your dad passed away. My deepest condolences. I'm sure that you have the same mixed emotions that I had/have about losing my own dad last year. I miss him every day but also know that he was suffering in his body and ready to go.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

Thanks man. Yeah it was the opposite of sudden and he was so ready to go, he wanted to for like 2 years. It was much worse watching him suffer at the end than it was for him to go, we had been mourning him for years, slowly, and it was a relief in many ways when he went, but still really hard.

Wow, these were bizarre and intense to say the least...

July 6-7, 2019: "Mom Bleeding"

(My mom's been suffering with stomach problems for years that nobody can seem to properly diagnose.)

My mom came home (to the house that I grew up in) after stomach surgery and started doing yardwork. The wound was still bleeding and she was trying to stop it with paper towels but couldn't. A squirrel came by and ran off with one of them like it was something to eat. (This is sort of funny to me now but in the dream it was just plain disturbing!)

She refused to go to the hospital and I started freaking out, punching a closet door. My dad was still alive and talking gibberish like he had completely lost his mind. I asked him for some of his Ativan to calm myself down with but he wouldn't give me any. It ended with me looking at photos of my old kitty and feeling really sad. (He was put to sleep when I was 13.)

"Friend Arrested For Murder"

I was pumping gas and realized that I had a lit cigarette in my hand. I went to put it out in the street and a police officer yelled at me to come back. I thought that it was going to be about the cigarette but he told me that my friend had been arrested for murdering his daughter's ex-boyfriend. Then the cop suggested that I had been involved in some way and I was just in complete shock over the whole thing. (I started to get the feeling that none of this was really happening and managed to startle myself awake.)

"Truck Pull And The Wolf Dude"

(I watched "Training Day" before bed and there's a scene where the guys howl like wolves.)

One of my cousins (a young boy) was on top of a hill, pulling an 18-wheeler truck behind him with a rope like in the "World's Strongest Man" competitions. It started to tip over the edge of the hill and spill blood and/or water (both I think) out of the back. Below were a few guys with a small campfire set up. One of them started to howl maniacally like a wolf or coyote and it really creeped me out.

"Beer And Stevie Nicks"

(I used to drink quite a bit at times and try to abstain these days.)

I found a 25 oz. can of Blue Moon ale on a shelf in my room. It was full but open and warm, and I couldn't remember when it was from but decided to drink it anyway. A video of Stevie Nicks singing "Sara" with Fleetwood Mac was playing on my wall. I thought about her past experiences with addiction and related them to my own. I tried to take a selfie with my phone, but when I looked at the screen I saw her instead of myself. (I'm a 50 year-old dude, so needless to say we look nothing alike!)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some more really interesting dreams last night. This time they were purely fantastical, beautiful. :) They both took place in my mountain dream world that represents where I live, but is much larger/more majestic and has an underworld of finished rooms connected by strange tiny portals inside the mountains, but I don't usually see/think of that part of it. I hadn't seen this dream world in quite some time, but I thought of it while writing about my dreams yesterday and I guess that was enough to visit. :) Which is cool because it's probably my favorite consistent dream world.

7-9-2019 early AM: "Fireworks Slide":

There was a fireworks display in my town for the 4th of July. I was at the top of a mountain overlooking downtown for it. After a while the fireworks were done, and for some reason, the way to get down the mountain was a giant slide that was very slippery, like no friction, so I was going very fast, it felt like being on a twisty waterslide. Around every curve, the slide was bathed in the most otherworldly gorgeous complex meshes of colors, a lot of purples and blues and greens. I have some of the images stuck in my mind, it was almost like I was seeing brand new colors, it may very well be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. Every new vista was taking my breath away and I was laughing/crying it was so beautiful. The feeling in the dream was one of sacredness and love. It was not a very long dream but the sense of motion was roller-coaster like, it was exhilarating. After too short a time, my cat woke me up to eat breakfast which I was upset about because of how wonderful the dream was.

7-9-2019 early AM: "Bouncy Mountain Park":

I went back to sleep quite quickly, and this time I was back in the mountain world, but I was on a railway cart that seemed to be propelling itself up some railroad tracks. I was with a friend, but who the friend was is unclear to me, I think it was a miscellaneous "dream friend" who isn't actually a real person, they just filled the role of friend and companion in the dream. The tracks were very rickety looking, and I was occasionally concerned an actual train would come by. The ascent took a while, and we were getting higher and higher into the mountains, and the vistas were beautiful to look at.

Eventually we got to the top, and I realized we were at a park, like a state park or something. The whole thing was relatively steep slopes that were grassy, with a few trees, some park benches, and stuff like that. You could wind your way down them, but in most places they ended in abrupt cliffs. Strangely (though it seemed normal to me in the dream), the grass was all a slick, plasticy sort of substance, though it also felt cool to the touch like a real plant. We had to crawl around to avoid slipping then sliding down hills. But I also knew that the grass was super springy and cushiony and if we fell off a cliff, we'd just land and bounce harmlessly as if on a bed or trampoline. The cliffs weren't super tall, maybe like 5-20 feet, it varied. Half of my thought process was nervous about slipping and the other half wanted to slip so I could fall and bounce, it was a strange dichotomy. So I crept along carefully, but would also slip and fall and bounce up in the air and it was really fun. There were a lot of kids playing there, and I had the impression suddenly that this was a theme park of sorts. This went on for a little while, and then I woke up to my cat again. This time, I decided to stay up as I needed to get to work. I wanted to keep sleeping really bad though since my dreams were so fun this morning!

I'm not sure what's up with all my celebrity dreams lately, but I think my brain's telling me that I watch too much TV!

July 7-8, 2019: "TV Show Assault"

I was watching a TV movie where a couple of guys drugged a young woman and took advantage of her, but it was partly occurring in person as well. It was also a combination of fiction and non-fiction. Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galeki from "The Big Bang Theory" were in part of it and she was throwing up in a toilet. I think that Matt LeBlanc and/or Matthew Perry from "Friends" were/was in it as well. (It wasn't a comedy though!) I ended up trying to sleep in a bed outside some house and had to brush snow off of it so that I could lie down. There was also something about a young guy doing drugs in his father's basement.

"Snoop Dogg/Michael Jackson/Todd Herzog"

(All of these were related to each other but I'm not sure how.)

I was watching footage of Snoop Dogg working at Burger King as a teenager. He caused some kind of fire or explosion in an oven and got mad at the managers for yelling at him. I ended up in my old room from my teenage years and having a disagreement with an old buddy of mine.

I saw footage of Michael Jackson feigning his death in a car fire/explosion to disappear from the public. It was very graphic and freaked me out until I realized that it was really just a dummy/mannequin. Later on it showed him impersonating some female singer/actress (Cher?) who was talking about how he died.

I went to the local bar and saw Todd Herzog (the alcoholic dude from "Survivor" that was on "Dr. Phil" a few years back) falling down drunk. A female bartender said something like, "I won't give him another drink because he'll be dead before I can pour it anyway!".

July 8-9, 2019: "Spacecraft Crash"

There was a launch pad in front of my house and I watched what was supposed to be a space shuttle take off, although it looked more like the kind of rocket that they took to the moon. An airplane was taking off at the same time and the shuttle/rocket crashed into it, landing in the marsh behind my back yard. I ran in the house to call 911 for help.

"Sick Astronaut Girl"

I was watching real-time footage of a young girl (about 10 years old) on the space station and she started having trouble breathing. She called me and said that she couldn't get in touch with NASA, and I was somehow able to get in touch with them. They were able to bring her back to earth safely, but later I learned that her mental and physical health were never the same after the ordeal.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I've been thinking about the craziest things that I've attempted to eat in dreams. Some of these I've posted here, but others are from before I had this thread...

My "Favorite" Dream Foods (GROSS WARNING)

Chinese BBQ human toe
Spit/phlegm/mucus soup
Nerf ball sandwich

9-volt battery
Screen door
Coins
Cat food
Brine shrimp cheese

(Mmm, I'm hungry now!)

Haha. =D I can't specifically recall any weird things I've tried to eat in dreams. I try to do drugs in dreams a lot, and sometimes they're in really odd forms. Like one time I remember... I've only done meth a few times, but the last time I did it, I had dreams about doing meth for months. In one of them, I remember the "meth" was this fuzzy stuff from the outside of dried reeds of some sort... you had to scrape it off with a knife. I spent the whole dream trying to get the reeds, then find a knife, then scrape it off... never actually got to do it.

My dreams often involve partying. And sometimes the seeking of drugs. But usually, I never actually get to do the drugs. I had a period of time, however, where I would actually do drugs in my dreams, and get effects that were really similar to what it would be like to do them in real life. I had a couple of dreams where I tripped in the dream and actually had a trip, although it didn't have the same solidity and impact as a real-life trip would have.

Yeah, when I was still addicted to opioids I was plagued by dreams where I would find big Ziplock bags full of Oxy's and things. Thankfully they started tapering off after I got clean, and now I can't even remember the last time that I had one.

I've had a few DXM nightmares where it feels exactly like I'm having a bad trip. I have weed-smoking dreams occasionally, but I can never actually feel the effects of smoking it.

I dreamed that; the sky ripped open with a slipstream rainbow that was full of jellyfish shaped ships. They bounced like jellyfish but they were metallic and glossy. As they got closer the slipstream looked like it was raining, and when the raindrops were close to me they were the size of 5 gallon buckets. I thought "This is how it ends?" And I woke up.

I remember one from this morning... I dreamt that we had moved into a big city and I didn't like it there and was complaining. We went into some building that at the top had big windows that overlooked the city. That's about all I remember.

Also I noticed in a lot of my dreams I'm trying to find something. A lot of times a bathroom. Lol

Very strange dream - my friend went crazy and broke his arm on purpose, then was trying to hunt me down as he shuffled at 1 mile per hour, groaning at the broken arm. He finally got taken by the ambulance/police. Then, I was living in a giant 4 story house. A woman was trying to break in and kill me and or just snuggle. This section of dream was most intense, however I forget all the ways she tried to break it. Then, the outside of the house transformer into a dinosaur era jungle, and I was hunting T-rex with a sniper rifle..

Last edited:
These were separate dreams but all related somehow. I think that I woke up between the 1st and 2nd ones...

July 12-13, 2019: "Reality Show Car Crash/Drunken Haircut/Weight Bench/Chinese Food"

I remembered being on some reality TV show like "Jersey Shore" or "The Real World" where I was drunk and threw up in the kitchen. I had apparently left there and crashed my car along a narrow dirt road next to a small river or stream. Somebody told me that I had collided with some guy driving a red Corvette who had also been drinking, but that neither one of us got hurt or arrested. Later I talked to the other driver and he said that I told him to tell the officer he had a BAC of .287 in order to avoid taking a breathalyzer test, which somehow kept him out of trouble. I realized that everybody was going to see the show and felt very ashamed.

Some middle-aged drunk dude was living or hanging out in an open pavilion near the lake where my car accident had taken place. He gave me a haircut but botched it up so I tried to fix it. There was an open bathroom outside (basically just a sink and mirror on a pole or wall of some kind) and I took the electric clippers to buzz it off, but I kept on missing spots and having to go over it again. Later I saw the guy's gravestone next to the pavilion and was told that he died of alcoholism. There was a weightlifting bench in the pavilion with some free weights nearby. I picked up a dumbbell and did a few wrist curls.

I ran into a young heavy-set dude going for a walk and we started talking about how we both wanted to get in shape. I told him about the weight bench and said that I'd be his training partner. We ended up at a Chinese restaurant with some friends and/or family members. I found shrimp in my vegetable fried rice and told the waiter, but he didn't want to exchange it for the right order. The heavy-set guy said that he was worried about getting cancer and was taking flaxseed oil as a cure. I told him to only take 1 or 2 tablespoons a day but he chugged half a bottle and threw up into a soup bowl at the table next to him!

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I dreamed that; the sky ripped open with a slipstream rainbow that was full of jellyfish shaped ships. They bounced like jellyfish but they were metallic and glossy. As they got closer the slipstream looked like it was raining, and when the raindrops were close to me they were the size of 5 gallon buckets. I thought "This is how it ends?" And I woke up.

Wow, that sounds really trippy! I always wish that I could do computer animation when I have ones like that.

okay, I've been having really wierd dreams these last two days.

1. I'm laying on my back in some kind of farm, and I'm working like some kind of animal, for "cheese to be produced out of my milk". I can't get up, and scream for help.

2. First, I see a caniser containing orange amphetamine powder. The story goes on that a number of hippies/freaks want to partake in using the drugs, me as well. There are some images of cars and streets, and me walking trough a livingroom with people. It boils down to a narrative like a movie, and in the end we are all sharing a 30ft long cake shaped like a penis.

3. I'm playing a solo on a fretless bass guitar, a 5 string with flatwounds. And think to myself "it would be really nice to have a 4-string P-bass fretless. Why the heck don't I own one".
Then I put down the bass and decide to "go upstairs", turn on a floor lamp, which doesn't give off much light- it's dim. My head looks really pale, with blood vessels all over my face. Then one of the bulbs in the lamp goes out.
I put down the bass and see that it has a wierd, creme colored pickup.

:/

Crowded party, loud. Hyper focus on various voices and sounds. Everything starts to fade away. All I can hear now is a dull roar. People are trying to tell me something. They seem worried....scared maybe. I mouth at them that I've gone deaf. Heart starts racing. They are desperately trying to tell me something. Heart is pounding through my chest.

POP. Silence. DIAL 911 NOW. DIAL 9...1...1...now...

Wake up to someone pounding on my door.

Classic

I've been sleeping sporadically lately but I do have a few short dreams to post...

July 14-15, 2019: "Bruno's Dream Song"

I was watching an interview with Bruno Mars explaining that he had written his latest song based on a dream that he had. The lyrics had something to do with his parents looking for his sister in New York City and people riding in strange cars that looked like carnival rides.

July 16-17, 2019: "Corporate Party"

I was at some kind of company-sponsored event that was serving refreshments in the lobby/vestibule area, which was also part of the venue's kitchen. One of the beverages that they offered was a bhang-type cannabis juice or milkshake. I only took a small sip because I had no idea how strong it was.

July 18-19, 2019: Beatles Reunion"

I was at a small bar/restaurant where John, Paul and George from the Beatles were playing up on stage. (It didn't occur to me that two of them are no longer with us.) They said something about Ringo not being able to make it on such short notice. There were only a few people in the whole place who didn't even seem interested in watching the show, which I thought was really sad. Later I started to realize that it was probably just a cover band.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I dreamt my mom put had put one of our cats out of a place (I think) we had just moved out. I was agitated and worried that the cat would be missing.

I realized that since I went back on Klonopin for my anxiety and insomnia, my dream life has become virtually nonexistent. Either I'm not having them, or if I do, I'm not remembering them (I'm guessing a little of both since things that work on GABA receptors seem to interfere with REM sleep). I just started tapering off of it since I don't really need it and don't want to become dependent on it, so I'm anticipating some good dreams in the near future...