• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

low blood pressure after ecstasy use?

kemicalsista

Bluelighter
a few of my friends over the months have experienced dizzy spells for up to a week after using ecstasy. After doing a search it seems to be due to low blood pressure, does anyone know why this is and is there anything to prevent it....

or could it be something else all togethr?

same here, I get a slight diziness for a split second, especially when
I rotate my head. I goes away after 4-5 days. Typically it starts 48 hours
after ingestion.

Could this be one of the opposite effects:

I've read when you drink, since it lowers your blood pressure, the following day your blood pressure will rise as a result.

So since E raises your blood pressure, does the opposite effect happen and it lower your blood pressure?

I experience these effects too sometimes; curious also as to why?

this has been happening to me really seriously ever since i had a bad trip on ecstacy. that was 4 months ago and ever since then i've been getting really dizzy and lightheaded all the time. i dont know why :S

Tips that helping me. Drink plenty of Orange juice when you are rolling. Not because the C vitamin, it is because it contains sugar. Your body is using more sugar then normal when you are high on E. Low blood sugar can get you tiered and can give you low blood pressure. watch out for that, can give you problem when you get older.

Try post loading with 5-HTP, and tyrosine, that's the only thing I can think of. And make sure you stay hydrated during the experience.

It happens even when I'm home, relaxed, with enough to drink during
the experience. It is not linked to overheating or exhaustion.

the head rush is not unpleasant, especially the first day it feels really good.

Overall, I can feel it for 5-6 days. It makes me realize that doing it every week would be too much for me. I need more time to recover.

I'd like to know how common this is.... Maybe someone could start a poll

1 pill most if the time, maybe 1.5-2 if there is a party that lasts for the night.

E is a stimulant, and is a member of the amphetamine family. In very long term users of speeds, there is an increased chance of heart disease, heart attack, and stroke. I wonder if this is related to these drugs effects on blood pressure...

drink a glass of water before you get out of bed the next day. And you should teach yourself to eat whilst both on pills and afterwards.... it makes you feel a lot better generally, but particulalrly helps with low blood pressure. Otherwise, look after yourself generally with vitamins and supplements when you take pills.

I naturally have low blood pressure. When I was younger, my friends used to have to grab for me any time we stood up in school assembly, or I would faint.
I've found that if I don't force myself to eat during and after doing pills, and if i don't regulate the amount of liquids I consume, I'll have quite low blood pressure for about a week afterwards (quite low meaning almost fainting most times that I stand up).

On a couple of occasions I have actually spent most of the next day fainting any time I tried to get up - even just sitting up in bed.
The first time, I tried heaps of things (eg crawling on the ground really slowly, trying to get my boyfriend to hold me up to see if I could stick through it) but ultimately, forcing myself to eat a good meal helpeda bit and then I just had to wait it out. It was pretty scary.. =/

The number of pills you do and what is in the pills is also an important issue.

MDA plays havoc with my blood pressure.

wow, thanks heaps everyone... i find that i do get little head rushes for a week after i use e but i find it quite enjoyable... i guess coz it was my friends first time and he was very greedy it scared him a bit. This weekend was the first for me since january that i've had a weekend off... and i am so proud of myself!!! can't wait till next weekend, do u think a weekend off is enough to notice?

It's most likely due to metabolites such as alpha-methyldopamine (3,4-dihydroxyamphetamine) which act as false neurotransmitters. There is a drug on the market for treating high blood pressure calde alpha-methyl DOPA, which is metabolized (by decarboxylation) to alpha-methyldopamine - same metabolite as from MDA/MDMA.

It also has a high incidence of depression when used clinically - starting to sound similar to the Tuesday blues? That's 'cause it's the same final metabolite

If you've been binging on pills, the dizziness and low blood pressure *may* be similar to the discontinuation effects of the SSRIs. Some friends of mine reported that, after taking 30 pills over a 5 day period, they felt just as if they were coming off SSRIs... a rather horrid experience, I can imagine....

The effect may also have something to do with transient cerebral blood flow alterations. Though the effect of MDMA on long-term cerebral blood flow seems non-existant (or at least, the studies do not consistently find in favour of alterations), short-term changes to blood flow almost certainly DO occur as the result of the impact of altered 5-HT activity on blood pressure.

Serotonin IV makes bloodpressure increase substantially. It may be that the rebound effect after MDMA causes low blood pressure, especially upon standing up rapidly.

Try eating a good meal, and drinking a decent amount of fluid. It may help somewhat, but if you're still getting the effect a few days later this won't help.

Thats a very good idea fastandbulbous. Still the amount of 3,4-dihydroxyamphetamine/Alpha-methyl-dopa/HHA must be pretty low. I wonder what the plasma concentration of alpha-methyl-dopa is in clinical use. About 200-300ng/mL it would seem [1] while from MDMA use (100mg) you get 10-4ng/mL [2]...

...So it was a nice theory, it might have a small effect... I suppose if HMMA has high (nor)adrenaline transporter affinity it could have some effect as it gets up to 200-300ng/mL [2].

I suppose it's possible that certain people have highly active CYP2D6 they could get more alpha-methyl-dopamine activity.