• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Preparations / Formulæ

Well seeing as your using cough gels i guess this wouldnt pertain to you but i feel like sharing anyway. Back in my coricidin days my cvs had a hard time keeping boxes in stock and then all of a sudden one day I see cvs has come out with there own version of ccc. The ingredients listed on the cvs brand were exactly the same as ccc (30mg dxm 4mgchlor). I remember taking the box and GODDAMN the effects were wayyyyyyyyyyyy different, and I took it multiple times with the same outcome. So with that being said I do think there is a possibility that somestore brand dxm can have a different effect then your "name brand" dxm. Although my fav. source of dxm other then pure is deffinatly the store brand cvs "tussin", so who the fuck knows.....to each his own I guess.

So this is my first post here woot, ill get straight to the point

Im a very experienced DXM user, but when i buy the DXM it always has the right DXM that i need (robo/zicam with DXM as ONLY active ingrediant)

But today i browsed the food lion and noticed they no longer carry those, so i picked up what i thought was the best substitute.

8 oz of robotussin DM-
10mg of dxm per 5mL dose (237 mL per bottle) its about 480mg of DXM total.
100mg of Guaifenesin per 5 mL dose. about 4800mg Guaifenesin total.
now i KNOW Guaifenesin can make you very sick, but i consider myself to have a very strong stomach and im a pretty experienced DXM user (ive taken it with Guaifenesin before, but not nearly this much (maybe 2000mg max, and i didnt get sick)

SO TO MY QUESTION: Are there any REAL dangers/health risks of taking this much Guaifenesin???(4800mg) And will i get REALLY sick from this for sure?? (Knowing im an experienced dxm user with a strong stomach)

Looking for anybody whos taken high doses of Guaifenesin before. Thanks all, and sorry for the huge rambling lol!.
Trust me nausea just sucks when your on DXM, just check your local dollar stores or pharmacies that sell "imitating tussen" like cvs or family dollar that ONLY contains DXM. i found some cvs tussin, -snip- No price discussion ~Jesusgreen i bet you can find the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some questions:
1. How do polistirex and HBr mix together? That is, if you had some Delsym and cough gels, would you take them all at once? Take the Delsym, then redose and take the gels a bit later? Or just save the two for different trips?
2. In larger quantities, are robogels worth cutting open / is syrup worth extracting from? I've heard quite a bit of discussion for both sides, some people swear by extraction for its potency and decreased nausea, while others say that it doesn't really make a difference as long as you can stomach the syrup. I've done extractions before and all I've really noticed was the god-awful taste of DXM... but never more than one bottle extracted, so I'm not certain how it is with more.
3. Would a 1000mg of DXM extracted from Delsym (fourth plat for me) be much different from 1000mg from cough gels combined or just the DXM from cough gels on their own?

If no one has any idea, I don't mind doing some experiments and reporting back... I just haven't done higher doses of DXM for years and I've been wanting to do fourth plat again lately.

DXM/acetaminophen... bad idea?

I have an 8 oz bottle of robbotusin..... it contains acetaminophen. If i drink it all will i die? I need to know soon.....

How much DXM and how much acetaminophen does it contain?

(Generally speaking you should always get products that have DXM only as active ingredients - but considering you seem to have bought some already let's hear the numbers and we can help you to understand them)

Per ... ? (doesn't really matter at this point)

Sorry, it seems that is just way too much acetaminophen compared to the amount of DXM in them. For low to moderate effects you need about 300 mg DXM, that would correspond to over 9000 (lol) mg of acetaminophen while more than 4000 mg will start frying your liver.

Also the phenylephrine might be even worse. If you would take that much it would be an overdose as well, it is an adrenaline-like drug. So imagine feeling extremely stressed out with your heart going 100 mph, and on top of nausea and the side-effects from too much APAP, on top of DXM's regular (side)effects which are IMO shitty enough on their own.

Get a DXM-only formula and try again.

It'll take a few horrifying and expensive weeks but, sure you could die doing that, or not. It would suck for everyone involved.

Looks pretty answered to me.
Merging now (the alternative being closing)

is there any way to separate the dxm from the rest of the crap in the robo forte

Separation is most important when there are other active ingredients, but on the other hand it's best to not use DXM with other ingredients anyway.. I guess if you really can't just swig the syrup and chase it with something you can extract it..

https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_chemistry.shtml

But there really isn't serious crap in the syrup imo - just sweetener stuff and a little alcohol probably helps with the absorption actually.

In hardware store solvents, there can be other 'crap' though and some of it can perhaps get left in your extract if you don't do a proper extraction with cleaning steps etc.

You really should find a DXM source that only contains DXM. The CPM that's in Coricidin is really bad for your brain, plus all that acetaminophen is bad for your liver. Just buy some robitussin cough gels, they only contain DXM, it's so much safer and you'll thank yourself later in life. I knew a kid when I was in high school who died from Coricidin.

Seriously though you're gonna fuck your brain up... you really should switch to a different DXM source.