• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Preparations / Formulæ

No problem, there wasn't an especially good place before I created it just now... I'm referring to this subthread. Of course the DXM main thread would always be a good place to start, every relevent Big & Dandy Thread for that matter. Though there were threads before from which I aggregated this thread, they were about the subject of ingredients that are in DXM-containing preparations.

There are a couple new DXM Subthreads now that are merged together, will make links and info in 'frontpage'-firstpost later.

Best thing to use is some hospital grade stuff. A friend of mine gave me a couple bottles. After i calculated it i was like wtf. This has over 2,000 mg in a 6 oz. bottle. You could literally SEE the dxm floating at the top of the bottle!

Never the less. It was able to be washed 3 times. (two bottles) after the first extract.

Shit is hard as hell to get though. It tasted like caramel syrup!

DXM question

Ok, my question is if i take 23 mucus relief Dm cough that contains 20 mg DXM and 400 mg guaifenesin (in each tablet) ive tripped of dxm before but that was always the only active ingredient. So if i take all 23 will the guaifenesin harm me in anyway? im fully aware that il probably puke...im ready for that. I just don't know if guaifenesin is lethal at the dosage id be taking...any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and im 220 lbs if it helps. Thanks

Only take DXM when it's the ONLY thing in it. Yes you will puke your brains out for 12 hours if you take that instead of a product that only has DXM. Don't take it seriously.

Guaifenesin is toxic and can cause liver damage.

Only take DXM when it's the ONLY thing in it.
You can find syrups with DXM listed as the only active ingredient, but keep in mind all the inactive ones. Look at your cough syrup bottle and imagine it with 60% granulated sugar in it, that's how much you're consuming. This, mixed with the alcohol and all the chemical balancers and flavorings, completely overwhelms the liver and is responsible for much of the unnecessary disorientation and harsher intoxication often associated with "tussing". What you can do is a DXM extraction, of which there many threads on this board dedicated to.

look i know about dxm only products i usually buy robotussin liquid gels and it only contains dxm, but i haven no bud or anything and want to get high....alls i have is mucinex dm and tussin dm, both containing guaifenesin.

wow u should most def not do that! have fun pukin ur brains out(trust me man iv been there)

Hey welcome to Bluelight!!

This is being merged into the appropriate DXM Subthread, you can use the Essential List / Psychedelic Index to search for common topics or use the search engine for better use of the forum and good organization. Thnx, carry on...

Oh and on topic: Ive read that gauifenesin overdosing can lead to not only nausea and vomiting but also kidney stones made of urea. Be careful!!
Use DXM-only products, we say it here always n everywhere.

wow u should most def not do that! have fun pukin ur brains out(trust me man iv been there)
Actially i took all 23 i took 5 pills at a time every 5 mins. I took 75 mg diphenhydramine to counter the nauseating effect, but i did manage to trip my balls off and i did not puke once which surprised me....i took 9200 mg guafenesin, but i did pass out on the comeup which is probly why i didnt puke. but next time im definatley getting dxm only products, as they never made me passout...but of coarse it could of been the diph...well all in all it was a fun trip with no puking.

Yeah, Coricidin is the shit... the bad, ugly shit. It caused some pretty bad spots in my vision to develop. I noticed right away while I was tripping, how the tiny dots in the center would not go away, like photons burning away at a phosphorescent membrane.

And now I get a rather large spray of dots several times every day. My vision is not too screwed up though, thank goodness.

Just take some Delsym. It doesn't taste that bad. The first few trips are free, but after that it might irritate your stomach, like all DXM preparations.

Yeah, Coricidin is the shit... the bad, ugly shit. It caused some pretty bad spots in my vision to develop. I noticed right away while I was tripping, how the tiny dots in the center would not go away, like photons burning away at a phosphorescent membrane.

And now I get a rather large spray of dots several times every day. My vision is not too screwed up though, thank goodness.

Just take some Delsym. It doesn't taste that bad. The first few trips are free, but after that it might irritate your stomach, like all DXM preparations.

wow are you joking? ccc's is THE WORST way to take DXM the antihistamine CPM is fatal in amounts of DXM it takes to reach 3rd or 4th plateau. But just like you i figured it out the hard way, for my 1st Dxm trip i took 14 ccc's..dont get me wrong the trip was amazing but for the day after an 3 days after that i felt like complete shit worst hangover of my life.

regular coriciden only has dex and ive seen people take 36 at a time my best was 24 and i was in a bad spot just buy delsym or sumtn only active ingredient is dxm. do not mess with anything that says hbp either wont work but im pretty sure they just plain dont sell the original triple c's anymore they have been changing alot of cough medicines to either have acitominophen or guafenhaistin both vary bad to take in large doses

yea only coricidin has acetaminophen or chlorpheniramine maleate or guafenesin. This past saturday night i took 23 mucinex dm which was 460 mg DXM and 9,200 mg guafenesin, which is known to make people puke luckily i didnt but i believe its due to the fact that i took 75 mg diphenhydramine prior to dosing(which helps prevent puking).i find that robotussin liquid gels are best for taking DXM, also sucrets throat lozenges (both containing dxm as only active ingredients) alot easier to swallow than a bottle of delsyn ihmo.

Last edited:
wow are you joking? ccc's is THE WORST way to take DXM the antihistamine CPM is fatal in amounts of DXM it takes to reach 3rd or 4th plateau. But just like you i figured it out the hard way, for my 1st Dxm trip i took 14 ccc's..dont get me wrong the trip was amazing but for the day after an 3 days after that i felt like complete shit worst hangover of my life.

Heck no I'm not kidding. I'm the guy who started this thread.

I just got through a high-dose delsym trip last night. Pretty amazing visuals. Rather scary at times.

Heck no I'm not kidding. I'm the guy who started this thread.

I just got through a high-dose delsym trip last night. Pretty amazing visuals. Rather scary at times.

yeah it can be overwhelming sometimes, just pop a xanax or lorazapan if u start having a bad trip man.

Last edited:
Store brand dxm? please help

Does the store brand of robitussin cough gels differ from the normal robitussin? I took a liquid 4oz bottle of dxm from riteaid a couple months ago without any thing else, and the fact i hadn't dosed in months nor have I hit the supposely "50" mark with dxm thats rumored. Not sure if it's true anyway but anyway I didn't feel a damn thing after hours of dosing 300mgs. I wanted to buy the riteaid brand of the cough gels which I haven't tried yet. Do you guys think their the same? You think I'll feel it? Whats your opinion...thanks guys

There isn't much of an opinion involved. If the active ingredients are the same, then it will feel the same. If the drug has some other actives in it, then it can affect the high, as well as cause some sickness. You want something with only Dextromethorphan (DXM) in it. It doesn't matter what the brand is, as long the ingredients are the same.