• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Preparations / Formulæ

RoboGels .

Or ZiNite - 540mg of DXM in .75oz of liquid with lecithin included.

Dexalone is high quality and high in quantity. A very good trip. The Robogels are very nice as well but take more to get the high. If your looking at syrup I'd go with Vicks 44, better taste. But then again... who wants to down that entire bottle for 350mgs.

Just use the Robitussin cough gels.....thats what i use when i do it. Only active ingredient is DXM, and its 15mg per pill BTW (300mg per bottle).

watch out for cough syrups that advertise themselves as "sugar free". They usually use an artificial sweetener called sorbitol (should be listed under non-medical ingredients), which often results in violent pooping for the night if you happen to drink a whole bottle. Not a fun thing to be doing while whacked on a dissosiative

DON"T use the coricedens, I have many times than I decded to take 40 and wound up in the hospital for 3 days, and catheters are no fun :(

I've heard CC is not something you should use for DXM because it has a lot of other shit in it that can hurt or even kill you. I usually use tussin DM. It does have the expectorant Guaifensen (or whatever) in it, which is not good for you, but I find it's not as thick as the other syrups and is therefore easier to drink. It dosen't taste as bad as Vicks does and I have better luck holding it down too!

Coriciden actually has an anti-histamine in it called CPM. In high doses it causes anti-cholinergic effects. It's not fun. It'll make you completely delerious, you'll think things are there when they're really not (this is in no way like psychedelic visuals, and isn't enjoyable).

High doses of CPM and DXM together are dangerous.

If for whatever reason you can't find pure DXM powder, then I'd suggest extracting DXM from Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough. Your yield wont be 100%, but the body load and negative physical effects are greatly reduced (esp. compared to downing 40 Robo gels).

There's quite a few teks online for the extractions. It's quite simple, but don't use a plastic bag for a separatory funnel. Non-polar solvents like Naptha dissolve plastics.

If you are not willing to do an extraction either get Dex Alone. I've found it in the stores ONCE. It's not exactly an easy product to come across.

If you're ok with drinking cough syrup then get Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough (not Cough & Cold! They're almost identical looking, make sure to look carefully). The reason I recommend this for both the extractions and otherwise is because it's relatively easy to find, has no other actives besides DXM, and has the highest concentration of DXM (one bottle has 356mg DXM HBr).

Those Robitussin Cough Gels (Robo gels) are ok, but I always seem to have a pretty bad case of nausea throughout the entire experience with these, which usually isn't the case with DXM in other forms.

passworld said:
Delsym, the tasty dextromethorphan polistirex (time release) brand.

I am a big advocate of the delsym. Produces a milder but longer lasting and pleasurable stone.

i use robtussin dm in the blue box dxm is the only active ingredient mix it with ginger ale its only about 300mg per bottle though but its the cleanist for trippin ive found get about a bottle and a half and you will be set straight

i luv gelacps. sometimes i get generic when no robos. i hated the drink, that fucking syrup was awful.

OH MY GOD THIS THREAD IS AWEOME!!!

Holy crap well i just got really stoned ok...

I was looking at threads on this forum and clicked on this particular thread. Amazing, I could see it all in my head - A line of television-style commercials each post in this thread was glamorously displayed in a spoken display with talking celebrety and all. All advocates for the particular brands of DXM containing over-the-counter medications.

Absolute madness.

I came up to the previous post I made, and I could see myself in the ad saying the words in my post - but in a weird way.

But man get the Dexalone.

Jaw Clenching said:

I was looking at threads on this forum and clicked on this particular thread. Amazing, I could see it all in my head - A line of television-style commercials each post in this thread was glamorously displayed in a spoken display with talking celebrety and all. All advocates for the particular brands of DXM containing over-the-counter medications.

Absolute madness.

I came up to the previous post I made, and I could see myself in the ad saying the words in my post - but in a weird way.

DON'T DO DRUGS.

Jaw Clenching said:

Absolute madness.

I probably won't bother now.

for some reason i've never had a bad trip at all from coricidin, i actually started taking them alot, but i dont recommend it because of the other active ingredients. it's a shitty thing to enjoy taking.

you should try the robo cough gels, you'll get a pretty decent trip.

Jaw clenching is right. Just to a simple extraction and the end product is far more enjoyable than eating an ass-load of pills or chugging cough syrup.

they have dexalone at my local cvs but i choose mucinex because it clears up my cough and brings up the snot slowly. for the first time in my life i was carded for cough medicine, amazing what you kids can influence.

Im a big fan of Delsym, good brand, nice hangover the day after, tasty orgish..... But yeah, have a good trip.:D