• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy IAP / 5-APDI Thread

IAP ought to deserve going down as a footnote in the history of experimental psychoactives, but it likely won't get even that! =D. While I haven't tried it, it sounds to me similar to its friend, 2-aminoindan, which is interesting but thoroughly useless.

I tried some of this indanylamphetamine tonight. Not sure how much I ate, 80-120mg or so in a gelcap. Very strange drug, if I try it again it will be with amphetamine or methamphetamine, it really needs some dopamine euphoria to make it productive.

I've tried IAP & amphetamine togwether and it makes a world of difference. According to the Nichols paper, IAP has a much greater serotonogic activity than MDA, but falls way short on the dopaminergic front. So I though, use another drug to cause the dopamine release - amphetamine! Basically 25-30mg of IAP and 20-40mg of amphetamine (the amphetamine dose seems very variable from person to person) produces an effect that had I taken a pill containing this mixture, I would have sworn was MDA.

I really lamented the disappearance of IAP as with a pinch of recrystallized amphetamine (although any drug that was primarily dopaminergic in action - but not meth as it also has a sizeable serotonogic activity as well - would suffice) you had a very suitable replacement for MDA, compete with those weird little tricks of the light/hallucinations that happen from misidentifying things

I wonder if IAP mixed with a bit of 4-fmp or some coke would serve to bring out the effects of IAP more?

I've tried IAP & amphetamine togwether and it makes a world of difference.

it definitely makes a world of difference, but maybe i went light on one or the other because it felt like mda that either never peaked, or mda after the peak. it still left me wanting more.

Thanks to a beautiful friend, I managed to acquire some antiquated IAP. My interest in it was piqued after having tried MDAI and found it very interesting.

I took 19mg (+/- 3) rectally. Although first alerts were felt within 20mins or so, the buildup was extremely sluggish and took about 1.5h to completely manifest whatever subtle effects it had to offer.

I found its peak/plateau to be basically indistinguishable from the comeup classic phenethylamine psychedelics such as 2C-T-2, 2C-I, TMA-2, MDA...etc. I wouldn't say it was closer to MDA than any of the others - for me, all phenethylamine psychedelics share the same "signature" - that is, a sense of "pressure" in a circle around the head, in the temples, the neck, and the shoulders (the "MDA Cape"), and a feeling of general heavy-headedness and a certain tingle on the palate (inside the mouth). There was very slight colour enhancement (and I mean very slight - on par with Methamphetamine's very slight colour enhancement). There was also some stimulation, a lot of it felt to be peripheral, and occasional suggestions of anxiety, as is the case (again) with any phen comeup. There was maybe a bit of empathy, but nothing much to write home about.

This state (a solid ++, as is common with other entactogens/empathogens at low doses) dragged on for much of the next 5-6 hours or so, after which sleep was not only easy, but almost forced.

Although I am tempted to try it at higher doses to see if it "blooms" anywhere, I am very frightened by what seems to be a heavy bodyload.

As its chemical structure may hint, this is really a classic phenethylamine in all aspects, and has very little in relation to the aminoindanes.

Last edited:
Erm... bump?

A piece of feedback or two would be appreciated :).

I feel that IAP will be greatly improved by the addition of a ring activating
5-methoxy group on its benzene ring.

Ninjabump!

I remember some interesting posts about combining IAP with MDPV or MPH. Apparently, when combined with dopamine releasers (amphetamine), these non-neurotoxic SSRAs exhibited toxicity, but when combined with dopamine reuptake inhibitors (MPH, MDPV, cocaine), they did not. I have some MPH laying around and this seems like a great way to get some use out of it, considering I don't really like the effects of methylphenidate alone (too antisocial/kinda angry). Reading the reports here pretty much made me think "needs more dopamine" (well everything needs more dopamine), so it seems appropriate.

Any experience with this combo? Ideas?

Last edited:
I thought I'd bump this as a well known and trusted UK vendor is currently getting this synthed as an MDAI replacement.

Sounds like it might be even better than MDAI when combo'd with a stim. I Doubt is has the same thereputic value though :(.

I'm also going to assume that this chem will lack the non-neurotoxic bonus that MDAI and other SSRA's (on their own) have. It looks as though it's probably metabolised to alpha-methyldopamine, as well as being a weak, yet still significant dopamine releaser.

Why do you say that? Why will the indane ring be opened up and hydroxylated? It should be just as non-neurotoxic as MDAI as far as I can see.

It should be just as non-neurotoxic as MDAI as far as I can see.
And it feels as if it is not toxic. Not to say my experience has anything to say about real neurotoxicity, but it does not even induce hangovers. Due to 5-HT depletion, or tryptophan hydroxylase inhibition, or toxic metabolites, or whatever.

Why do you say that? Why will the indane ring be opened up and hydroxylated? It should be just as non-neurotoxic as MDAI as far as I can see.

My bad, my field of expertise is not biochemistry. Does that mean HMA is required as a metabolite to eventually end up with α-methyldopamine?

Can anyone suggest how IAP would be metabolised?

With IC50 values of 82 nM, 1,848 nM, and 849 nM for serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline respectively, I guess it's unlikely that enough dopamine would end up in the wrong vesicles to cause enough trouble when MAO gets wind of it. So perhaps it is more non-neurotoxic than I originaly thought, but it's still likely to be somewhat more neurotixic than MDAI, even if only slightly.

MDAI felt like a nasty SSRI and its aftereffects lingered for weeks. IAP is a lot better than MDAI.

I've been on SSRI's in the past, eventually giving up and going cold turkey (zzzzzzzzzzzzap). Since then, the serenic effect of SRA's, selective or not just hasn't been the same.

Anyway, MDAI felt WAY different to SSRI's, except maybe for my first citalopram dose which gave a comfy warm head feeling for a short while, after that it was just occaisional mood swings, lethargy and no sex drive...

MDAI, if not used too regularly was just a gentle snuggly kinda drug. Which didn't seem to destroy my sex drive. Niether did it make me particularly horny, but the subtle tactile enhanchement got me wishing I had a female round to fool around with. And I know from experience that serotonin releasers are great for delaying orgasm as well as increasing tatctile sensation. And MDAI, having negligable stimulant effects doesn't really restrict blood flow to certain places. MDMA is one of the hardest drugs to get it up on. Mephedrone and Methylone took some work initially, but being high on the dopamine side, you couldn't help but have the best erection induucing thoughts to get you going (Mephedrone especially)

I never had any bad after effects from MDAI (on it's own) eitther. And I don't think I've taken any more than 500 mg in a single evening, If that! Being non-neurotoxic, any negative after effects would be down to serotonin depletion (and I guess down-regulation), rather than a combination of serotonin depletion and sertotonergic neruotoxitcy (such as with MDMA or Mephedrone). Taking regular 5-htp, or even better, l-tryptophan (without any other amino acids) can quickly get your 5-HT levels back after using an SSRA. In the case of neurotoxicity, it might feel somewhat more debilitating and take a bit longer to get your brain to recover... But then there's still the on going debate as to whether this MDxx neurotoxicity is long term. A little off topic but I'll just throw this in

I do especially like the recent article in Addiction that compares the cognitive skills of ecstacy users against non-users. The study found "no short- or long-term differences in cognitive skills in the test group (users) versus the control group (non-users)".

If you're bashing loads of MDAI, or IAP, then a high tryptophan diet will probably do more for you in the days followining than if you were to take something that actually causes neurotoxic damage which, will take longer to heal. Although neuroprotective agents like selegiline are still a good investment. It'll be also interesting to see if those folk that got awesome potentiation of MDAI whilst on Selegiline can get as similiar effect from IAP.

I know a lot of people round my way don't understand that the human brain really doesn't store THAT much serotonin compared to say dopamine, or noradrenaline. so even with non neurotoxic serotonin releasing agents, it can be easy to run out of serotonin, and couple that with acute Desensitisation (depending on how much you use and for how long), it could result in MDMA style suicide tuesdays. But at least your brain isn't fried, and a few good tryptophan rich meals can't go a miss.

I can't wait to give IAP a bash though and try and pick up on what astenu is saying. MDAI does have much less serotonin releasing ability than MDMA or IAP whilst being quite effective at inhibiting it's reuptake, so I can see where astenu is coming from with the SSRI comparison. I still personally find MDAI to have an amazing thereputic value that totally blows all SSRI's away. We'd have been better with MDMAI, which theoretically would be a far more efficient SSRA. Much more like MDMA's serotonin release. Cleaner with less of an SSRI feel whilst retaning MDAI's lack of DA or NE activity. Shame the only vendor to "source" some got ripped off with something that tasted rather piperziney...

sorry for the bump to this old thread. but i suspect in the not too distant future, there will be some experiences with it. so they should go here. really curious if this thing will pick up an audience, as so far the reports dont seem to be glowing ones...

agreed, judging by these 8 year old reports it doesn't look like an especially nice substance.. It'd be good if it were somehow different, but probably not if it's the same stuff!