HALLOWEEN NIGHT: LUNATARIUM (NYC) "AFRAID OF THE DARK ?"

This party was horrible... All I could smell the whole time I was in there was dust and burning plastic (crack). I am offically never going to another NY party again. Every time I go to a party in NY I expect it to be this great time and I'm almost always disappointed. This time I was more than disappointed I was appauled. There were people at this party that looked like they were od'ing and there was no security or staff to even tell about it. I saw a kid sitting on the couches unconsious and drolling on himself. It was the single worst exprience I've ever had at a party.

u didnt see the 15 security guards. 3 hired cops. and the 6 members of funky element staff with head sets the entire night to tell about it ? also there were 4 undercover cops that arrested people that were smoking dust. I wish you would have let one of the highly visible staff know of your discust. I know for a fact the staff was doing there job 100% im sorry you didnt enjoy yourself though. if you go on other forums and look through out the raviews your oppinion is dolo. but i will definately look into your complaints 150% thanx for your concern

I'm really disappointed with what they did to the Luna, that place just keeps getting smaller and smaller :(. They turned a great thing into shit (that's NY for ya) I had a pretty decent time. I wasn't feeling any of the music though untill the end of whoever was spinning before J-Magik's set. J-Majik thew down an awsome set :) I was also lovin the breaks someone was spinning (I think it was you Dank?). It got really crowded in there since the place shrunk and most of the floor was soaking wet so it was hard to dance without being afriad I was going to bust my ass. Not trying to dis on your party here Dank. One thing I really do appreciate and can't thank you and the staff for is that me and 3 friends drove all the way over there form Long Island and then I realized I forgot my ID. I was sooo pissed at myself, and if we had to drive all the way home and back again, I would have been really upset. I ended up begging the security guards at the door and they told me there was no way they could let me in. After some begging and pleading he took me inside and he either talked to you or someone else, and I was let in. I can't tell you how much I appreciated that, especially since we all bought advance tickets too :). Oh and for the record I did see all the security walking around the entire time. It was rather sad though at one point I watched at 2 men (security I presume) carried a girl out who was completely limp :( I did end up having fun though :)

yeah that was me.... no prob. it sucks.. but unfort. its the law of the spot that you need to show id. but you told me wat was up n i took care of it.. das how funk el gets down ;-) in regards to people taking too much stuff. i give props to the security for handling situations like that promptly and professionaly. i always use that security team cause when the shit hits the fan they are proffesional and they know was up. you cant blame the promoters, security and or dj's for patrons partying irreospinsibly. but you can commend the propper people for handling those unforunate situations correctly. sorry about the floors :-( comes with the space. next time i should hire a women liek they have for Danny T. @ arch that sweeps and cleans the floors n shit.. thats a good idea ... lol glad you enjoyed my set on the main stage .. techno acid breaks wassupppp.. anywho just wanna thank everyone who came out and supported us and made halloween '03 a great one. any feed back negative or possitive, please email me personaly or via the forum.. cause i ALWAYS want to improve the quality of my parties. QUALITY NOT QUANITY. next one is Rabbit In the Moon.. on New Years Eve.. flyers will be out real soooon...

Brian Atwood (DJ Dank)
Funky Element Productions & Recordings NY
www.funkyelement.com
www.dj-dank.com

Hey Dank...I'm in no way holding you or Funky Elements responsible but I'm telling you there was def not enough security or staff at that party. The shit that was going down in that place was horrifying...Other people may not agree with my opinion of this party because they were possibly involved in the horrifying amounts of drug use going on. I don't think it's you or your production companies fault that people were doing drugs that just comes with the territory, but there def could have been more done about it. I got into that place with out even being patted down. I didn't have anything on me but if I did it wouldn't have been too hard for me to sneak it in. I know that if someone really wants to get something into a party they will but people should at least be patted down and bags should be searched. I'm just really disappointed with the things I saw going on inside that venue. I don't think things like that should happen.

I had a good time at the party and heard some really good music, but I'm not going to lie, it was a shady crowd. It was ridiculously hot in there and difficult to even breathe.

At least in the drum and bass room they put a fan blowing towards the crowd. That was smart. Dank, perhaps you should think about some sort of ventilation for your next party? Even if its nothing more then a whole bunch of fans strategically placed to blow towards the crowds on the dancefloor.

As a side note, all people that smoke dips should be shot in the head.

well

have u ever went to a rock concert ,have u eve been to a rap concert events well things happen at them , u see people work hard all week and some sit around lol but bottom line people wanna go out and have a good time , it can be from abeer a hug a joint or whatever , now we can only control what we do not others , remeberpartys are usally big u dot like sumtin walk away common sense , i mean after all the shi that has happen in ny , why complain or anything but nothing bad all i have to say is if everone can do so much better than whats going on then do it make it better it wouldnt hurt me you or anyone for that matter , people think partys r easy to throw , lok on flyers get the adress to the venues talk to th owners , set up a date throw a party , but i promise thisat the end your hed will be red from all the pressure and u will rreally realize what it take s to do an event ,,, we r here for u , we all need oneanothe from dj to dancer to promoter to sound guy to bouncer to bathroom guy to freaking thebar tender their is a connection : ]

"As a side note, all people that smoke dips should be shot in the head."

I AGREE YUKKKKKK .. well, maybe not shot in the head... watever a person does on their own time is none of my business... just keep that shit the fuck away from me or my parties. thanx ;-)

I have come to realize that there are some things waaay beyond a promoters control, and some things that are not. There are things that disgust me in general about the scene, things I see at every party and this was no exception.

I am not going to lie and say that I went to this party for the music ;), but the DJs were throwing down such excellent sets and I couldn't help but be in awe of the BOOM BOOM BOOM in every direction. Even DJ Pauly floored me (literally, but we won't talk about that) Our group was also VERY aware of the CONSTANT security presence, right down to the flashlight in my face when I was trying to scrounge up the 4 fuckin $$ :X for a bottle of water.

Yes, the luna is smaller than it used to be... the huge wide open space has been cut in size by over half. That was disappointing blow…I thought it had been “fully reopened” It was also hot.... but I have come to expect that too at parties, especially the luna.... right down to the luna-goo that drips on you should you be standing under the pipes after 2am. However, the heat was never oppressive... and there was even *gasp* a chill out area we could go and escape it all. The chill out area was much appreciated, and I found myself making new friends and chillin with old ones. I did smell dip, and, I have come to expect this nauseating inconvenience... and again was never oppressive. Running out of water in a hot ass warehouse sucks ass and is a safety issue. Luckily, it was toward the end of the party…and there was still booze! People were attempting to refill in the bathrooms…. Buuuut they were so NASTY, I’m talking plastic bags over your shitty sneakers just to set foot inside NASTY…. I couldn’t bring myself to do it.

It is my nature to a jaded asshole. It’s almost expected that I have shit to talk, train wrecks to count, and a laundry list of reasons to justify the fact I just don’t know how to have fun anymore. But this was different… I did have fun…. A LOT more fun than I’ve had in some time. I found myself laughing with some sketchy lookin cats… but looks were soooo deceiving. I ran into some good people. I went with some good people…. So I had NO CHOICE but to have good time. Thanks Cass… it was a night to remember.

Happy Birthday Dank!

Dank... I was really looking forward to meeting you but never quite got around to it--your set was off the hook though, happy birthday, too!

Pauly was also quite amazing!

There were less dips at that party than what I am (almost) prepared to say, any other NYC party I've been to... and I will also say that I deffinately did not smell an overwhelming amount of crack either, which is usually something I pick up on--granted, my boyfriend WAS asked if he wanted to purchase any, but, it REALLLLY wasnt that bad.

I am usually someone to bitch about every single commercial nyc party, but this is one in which I have no complaints. :)

Dawn, you're amazing... I can never thank you enough for everything you do for me. ;)

Also... if anyone saw us... my boyfriend and I were wearing his and her gold drama masks with black robes and capes.

jerzeefinest looked so cute with her camo wings on, but it was so hard for her to dance without bumping her wings into people. =D Sorry Chrissie... no pictures. It was an evidence free evening.

Thank you for putting your heart into your parties Brian. I know how difficult it is to make money in NYC. It's clear to me that you make certain decisions striving for quality, rather than sucking every possible nickel and dime from the party-goers. While the ticket price is comparable to other parties, yours stand out. You go out of your way and it shows. I always get what you say I'm gonna get... that means a lot. :)

"Thank you for putting your heart into your parties Brian. I know how difficult it is to make money in NYC. It's clear to me that you make certain decisions striving for quality, rather than sucking every possible nickel and dime from the party-goers. While the ticket price is comparable to other parties, yours stand out. You go out of your way and it shows. I always get what you say I'm gonna get... that means a lot. "

:::: Reading posts like this, hearing possitive feedback in general, and over all giving people the oppurtunity to have fun and experience wat i have experienced in the past is why i do wat i do... and is why i will CONTINUE to do wat i do. Its that feeling that you get in your stomach when you look around and things are ALL GOOD. your statement means so much to me :) thank you for writing that - and i will continue to do me , n not let you guys down. keep em danicin till the early mornnn' -- thank you .

DJ Dank
Funky Element Productions & Recordings NY
www.funkyelement.com
www.dj-dank.com

n thanx for all the birthday wishes :) My wish came true . see you @ the next jam. pz ``

i will say that im glad you welcome criticism of your events to improve upon them. that is indeed a rareity with nyc promoters.

i'm soo pissed i missed this...my friend from va went to this and said it was fucking amazing!!!!!! i'm definatly goin for new years, i've seen ritm twice and the show is fucking amazing :)