HALLOWEEN NIGHT: LUNATARIUM (NYC) "AFRAID OF THE DARK ?"

xxdjdankxx

Greenlighter

Halloween Night:
Friday, October 31, 2K3
Funky Element Productions & Recordings Presents:
AFRAID OF THE DARK?

Funky Element Productions & Recordings cordially invites you to what will sure soon to be the most no questions asked, 100% viscous Halloween costume extravaganza of this century. A night of intense world class musical talent ranging in all forms of the electronic spectrum combined with the utterly exploding surreal mind blowing production of one of the most prominent teams on the east coast. Funky Element - The next generation in dance music and festival production, has put together a night of complete sensory overload. We have teamed up with the # 1 venue in NYC, and welcome you back to the Lunatarium most recently nominated for the Smint award, best new overall concert venue in the nation at this years Winter Music Conference. The Luna, located in the heart of Dumbo Brooklyn directly adjacent to the east river is a 20,000 square foot penthouse space surrounded by 200 foot chamber windows for an absolute breathtaking view of lower Manhattan, which on this Halloween night will host what can only be called a mind, body and soul godly experience. For your audio pleasures we will once again be bringing in the rock steady sound of Total Audio which will be providing 3 rooms of there custom designed Turbo Sound (www.turbosound.com) system for the festival masses. Total Audio is renowned for setting the sound standard within the electronica world. Visually the world famous Excel lighting company is going to transform the Lunatarium literally into another dimension, with their top of the line lasers, techno beams, echo beams, studio spots and strobes. Virtual Om and Larry Carlson will be teaming up and bringing in five mammoth size intelligent projection screens, which will be strategically placed around the venue, to even more boggle your visual experience. Our team will be decorating the luna with the most tremendous Halloween props, costumes and overall original production in which few companies in the nation can match. A previously never before seen amount of CD's, prizes and overall giveaways shall be distributed on this night via Funky Element. A COSTUME CONTEST with special guest judges in which $$$ will be given to the winners wearing the overall best costumes of the night. We once again challenge you to come over to the dark side. Do you even dare come join us on this most intense ground breaking night? Will you even test your self to see if you can handle a night of the hardcore BASS, where the level of production shall be raised once again as you will be forced to ask your self, are you... Afraid of the Dark?

- House of Horrors Main Stage -

D.A.V.E. THE DRUMMER
(Cluster, 4x4, Hydraulix, Damndjs.com -London -UK) 3:00 - 4:00

FRANKIE BONES
* Official NYC release party for his second compilation CD with DJ Pauly * CD Giveaways
(Sonic Groove, EMG -NYC) 2:00 - 3:00

DELTA 9 VS. DELIRIUM
* Official NYC release party for "Delta 9: Punk Looser" & Official NYC release party for "DJ Delirium: Dedicated to the Core" * CD Giveaways
(Psychotik Records, Adam Recordings, La Coresa Nostra -Chicago) (Versatile Groove Management, www.djdelirium.com, Traxtorm Records -Italy, Psychotic Records, Masters of Hardcore -NJ 1:00 - 2:00

VENOM
(Volume Productions, EMG -RI) 4:00 - 5:00

HEATHER HEART
(Sonic Groove, EMG -NYC) 12:00 - 1:00

FUNCTION * LIVE *
(Infrastructure -NYC) 11:00 - 12:00

MYTH I-S * LIVE *
(DPIM, www.trancedomain.com -NY) 10:00 - 11:00

DJ DANK
* Official NYC release party for "DJ DANK: Point Of No Return" available on Funky Element Recordings * CD Giveaways
(Funky Element, DPIM, Ravers Only, www.dj-dank.com -NY) 5:00 - 6:00

JOE JACK
(Funky Element, www.djjoejack.com -NY) 8:00 - 10:00

- Devils Den -

ALAN SAX
(Digital Domain, globalclublife.com -NYC) 2:00 - 3:00

DJ PAULY
* Official NYC release party for his second compilation CD with Frankie Bones * CD Giveaways
(Sympty, EMG -NJ) 1:00 - 2:00

CRAIG HARRIS
(Cousins -NYC) 12:00 - 1:00

EXODUS
(Topaz records, Dub Base records, Digital Entrapment, dj-exodus.com -NYC) 3:00 - 4:00
*Official NYC release party for "DJ Exodus: Hard As F*ck!" available on Dub Base Recordings

JEN MAS B2B HOWHARD
(Vitus Productions, Adam Recordings -NY) (Hardmind, Ravers Only, Groove Network -NY) 4:00 - 5:00

PROPHET B2B PRIME
(Digital Entrapment,GSP Entertainment, In The Red, Ravers Only -NJ) (Illusion, Bass Connection, GSP Entertainment, Ravers Only -NYC) 11:00 - 12:00

SOMA VS. NRGIZER
(Audiophile Recordings -NYC) (Light Up Productions -NY) 5:00 - 6:00

ROUND N ROUND VS. INVISIBLE FRIEND
(Kind Kidz, www.kindkidz.com -NY) 10:00 - 11:00

IAN DOLLAR$$
(Stuck On Earth -NY) 9:00 - 10:00

DJ FAME
(Simply Bangin Productions -NYC) 8:00 - 9:00

- That Dark Place -

USUAL SUSPECTS * 2 Hours
(Renegade Hardware -UK) 12:00 - 2:00

J - MAJIK * 2 Hours
(Infrared Records, www.infraredrecords.co.uk -UK) 2:00 - 4:00

DYLAN * 2 Hours
(Freak Recordings, Biotic, Renegade Hardware -UK) 4:00 - 6:00

PHREE NUGZ * LIVE
(Cousins, Bong Island Entertainment, phreenugz.com, Virtual Om -NY) 11:00 - 12:00

GIL - T
(True Productions, truecrew.com -MA) 10:00 - 11:00

IMPACT VS. HEXXUS
(Funky Element, www.funkyelement.com -NYC) 9:00 - 10:00

W.I.T. ?
(Digital Entrapment, Ravers Only -NJ) 8:00 - 9:00

LOCATED @ The Legendary Lunatarium
10 Jay St. Brooklyn, NY 11201

Directions:
www.lunatarium.com
www.mapquest.com

Subway: Take the F to York St. and make a right at Jay St. and walk down to John St. or from the A/C at High St. Walk down Washington St., make a right on Front St. and a left on Jay St. and walk down to John St.

Car: Take Brooklyn Bridge across East River, make right onto Prospect St., left onto Jay St. drive down to John St.

8:00 PM - 6:00 AM

18 to enter 21 to drink

WWW.FUNKYELEMENT.COM
(516).594.9280

TICKETS//

This event will sell out !!! For this reason and to ensure your entry into the festival - We strongly encourage you to purchase all tickets prior to the date of the event at the ticket outlets listed below. Advance ticket holders will 100% be guaranteed entrance and speedy priority entry.

$30.00 In Advance Only
Tickets Will Be More During The Event

Charge by Phone//
1-800-965-4827
1-866-468-7619

WEB//
www.spinfoil.com
www.ticketweb.com

NEW YORK//
Sonic Groove 212-675-5284
Satellite Records 212-995-1744
Breakbeat Science 212-995-2592

LONG ISLAND//
East West 631-451-0034
Funtazia 516-520-0090

UPSTATE//
Metro DJ's 845-624-4400

NEW JERSEY//
Cafe Sounds 973-509-2233
VIP Records 732-866-9984

PHILLY//
611 Records 215-413-9100

CONNECTICUT//
Spiritual Emporium 860-524-9719

RHODE ISLAND//
Luna Sea 401-272-5862

MASS//
Satellite Records 617-536-5482

Last edited:
my bad for the triple post chrissie. this was the original that i edited. hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

no problem :) i didnt give u a warning the first time because people can make mistakes. its usually the third strike and then i warn :)

hehe no doubt. good lookin grlll . any who.. WHAT DO YA THINK OF THE FLYERR????? lemme know if you wanna come down. speak to you soon.
Dank ---

the flyer is ok. its very typical nyc flyer. reminds me of the soe ones. i wont be at this party. not much interests me these days... suppose that means im jaded :\

werd.... we're gonna turn the luna into a "horse of a different color" OFFF THE METERRRRRRRRRRRR ------- that night...

speak to you sooooon

my bad hehe.. you know that short term is the first to go . just got the flyers , so had to drop the bomb. did you go to 9 volts party on sat. ? get @ me -- pzzzz

yeah I did. I rolled in with Mook, Steph, Cass and few other from the HUGE board. Shame on you for not coming over to say hi. :p

Anyway... back to the party at hand.

Do my eyes decieve me? Is Pleasurehead *not* on the lineup? 8o
I'm impressed.

I haven't been to the Lunatarium in a long time. I used to love that venue. It would be great to go back, but I have a trick-or-treat date with my 6 year old son.

I may end up there afterwards... maybe...
  • How much more is "more at the door"?
  • I see 3 rooms set up. Is the main floor back up to code and reopened.. or is this party set up on different levels (like the ambient rooftop parties)?
  • Will you have both entrances open or only the back?
  • How hard will you ass rape me for a bottle of water?
  • For beer/drinks?
  • Can I smoke? If so where, and will I have to stand in line 20 min. to get to it?

There, I've filled my ball busting quota for the day.

Thanks in advance. ;)
Dawn

I def. would have came over n said hi if i saw you :-( my baddddd

to answer yer questions...
-More @ the door is depending on the amount of presale tix sold. no more then $5 - $10, there going *Really good right now n as it sais those that buy them in advance are 100% guaranteed entry.

- The party will take place on the usual floor @ the luna, with the (3) rooms being the large main stage, the smaller middle room (Devils Den) & the back larger room hosting the Drum n bass (That dark place)

- The back main entrance w/ the larger elevator will be opened w/ 2 seperate lines ( advanced ) & ( those that want to buy them during the event though like stated previous... buy them in advance!)

- I dont do the ass raping for drinks & water. that is left to the luna, but as you know @ past luna parties the prices are lower for beverages then any other spot in the city. Ill get you the exact price when i know it. In the past its been $3 i believe

- There is NO smoking in any indoor venue in the entire city of NYC. Certain spots do not uphold the law ;-)

speak to you soon --

DANK

this is my birthday party so i am thinkin it is a most... the lineup ain't bad at alll... besides i love that bootyhouse!!! i'll be there!! i have been to the luna in a while... form the last party it was kinda shady, i wasn't feelin the new setup either... but i will suck it all up and have a good time!!
see u there brian
br00klyn

Re: -----------

xxdjdankxx said:
BE AFRAID ... BE VERY AFRAIDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :)

of what? running into your ugly mug?

LOL... j/k (sorry, wide open door and I couldn't help myself)

My costume is almost complete... ;)

^^^ lol d00d... you JUST got back from the NE! =P

although i can honestly say if i had a reliable vehicle i would join you hehe. :)

^^^ no :) i would drive HALF that far for that party... and the other half for the people :) hehehe

now who's the freak :)