• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

Theory about tolerance mechanism

Hello everybody,

First time I post something on any forum...

I think I caught something interesting about thc tolerance.
As a regular pot smoker since a couple of years, I've read some of testimonies and scientific literature on the subject. Mixed with my own experience, I'd like your opinion on the result :

Every smoker has a trajectory. After awhile, his pot-behavior will be mainly leaded by his dopamine level, the chemical equivalent of his well-being sensation.

I argue that this trajectory depends on the cannabinoid receptors density and efficiency variations, due to our brain plasticity.

It has been shown that we naturally own a small efficient among of those receptor in our brain, implicated in the standard pleasure system commonly described.

Bob is a young man in holidays.
When "Bob" starts to smoke, his receptors will be fully efficient and full very quickly after just some hits (n=1).
If Bob continues day after day, the receptors efficiency will decreased, and Bob'll have to compensate with more pot (n=2).
After the holidays, Bob has a break. As his dopamine level become very low, his brain starts to produce more receptors. And at the same time, there efficiency come back to the initial level, slowly but surely.
Next holidays, Bob starts again to smoke. He uses the same quantity as the end of the last holidays (n=2), and then the same mechanism happens. End of holidays.. (n=3)

After a couple of months or years like this, depends on environmental factors, the maximum density of receptors is reached. (n = 10 for instance :p )

This is probably why many people who start during high school, have an increasing consumption for a while, and then stop, after 4-5 years...
Others choose to continue, or need it, and are able to experiment a self made equilibrium between the extern impact of thc on their pleasure system, the filtered vision of life induced, and finally their real socio-professional environment.

The problem is that some people can't deal with the feeling of being fully receptive to dopamin. They experiment some "bad trip", especially when after a full ganja day, they're in their bed, trying to sleep, and to shut down their thoughts.

Generally, it's sublimated by some psychosomatic problem, like too-fast-heart-rate, mental acoustic disorder or many others, and finally the subject fall asleep without really remember his trauma of the night. Then he can continue to smoke day after day...

But in other case, the subject can't transfer this to his body, it's sticked in his mind. Two options then : he manages himself and finally succeed in sleeping OR his mind got to far away, corresponding to his receptors efficiency is minimal, while the receptor density is maximal.
This limit could be opening to a "mental disease", as I called a modified mind which is locked in the same state "different" from the initial one (before the drug administration)

I brief, if someone reached the "full no pleasure" point once, he could definitively have changed his mind (brain limitation of receptors density and zero-efficiency of those receptors).
Crossing this limit is my only real worry I think, and I'll try to use my maximal receptors among smoking not everyday, just to increase a little the efficiency of
them.
No hope to come back to a newbie high level forever... Receptors efficiency can be regenerate with a break, but small receptors density never come back. (Agree ?)

man, im so glad i never got a tolerance.
i was smoking up to 6 times a day at my peak, and approx 1/2-1 oz a day...just never got a tolerance...guess im wierd.
oh well, moved on to bigger and better things, but i have to admit, nothing like a good sesh every once in a while.