• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

That's not true try lots of water and niacin. It metabolizes your fat thats holding your THC hostage and desensetizing you. I am a heavy smoker. I smoked an ounce a week of high quality during the summer but am now down to a half or quarter. To compensate, I drink the water, use the niacin, and pick short periods to not smoke, 2-3 days so on. It works for me=D

It would work to a degree, but you're still going to be spmewhat tolerant to it. Break is the only way

smoking to much

ive been smoking for long time now
i smoke at least 2 blunts a day or more
i started seeing loss of memory
i start it to forget alot of things realy bad
like the other day i went to the movies after the movie was over i came home and i forgot what movie was about .

man, i dunno what the hell you just said, but it seemed to make sense, maybe you could explain it a bit more because it seems like an interesting theory (oh and don't worry bout me stealing ya idea and taking it to the world medical board, im too stoned, can't be fucked)

After 20 years, cannabis is still THE BEST

Guess I'm and old fart. I started smoking cannabis rather late, at 19 years or so. I loved it. Smoked * a lot * for like 6 years. In the meantime I graduated at university, got a well paid job etc etc.

After like 8 years I didn't like it that much any more, though I kept searching for that magic 'high'. But in reality, I suffered more and more from anxiety. The weed made me slow, down, and gave me anxiety and nausea......

I thought my cannabis days were over....:(

I started experimenting with other stuff. Meth. Coke. I liked it but not nearly as much as cannabis. Meth robbed me of my sleep. Coke was a) expensive b) gave nice 30 minutes highs b) followed by a sleepless night c) a sore nose and common cold d) plus a depressed feeling when I did more than half a gram a night.

But now the cannabis high is back! I either vaporize some hashish or roll a reefer and I love it. I LOVE CANNABIS ! Man I'm 40 years old 8( butr I still love weed and hash. The light, dreamy head, the sedated feeling in the body.

BTW 1: great forum !

Johan from Holland.

Yep, marijuana's probably the only drug people will keep on doing for a long time, along with psychedelics I guess.

Moderation ... just try to only smoke on weekends and 40 years from now you'll probably still be writing on BlueLight about it! =D

cannabis THE BEST

THC Ridder said:
But now the cannabis high is back! I either vaporize some hashish or roll a reefer and I love it. I LOVE CANNABIS ! Man I'm 40 years old 8( butr I still love weed and hash. The light, dreamy head, the sedated feeling in the body.

BTW 1: great forum !

Johan from Holland.

Hi Johan, welcome to bluelight, great to have you here !! :)

Gugglebum is right, if something starts to loose it's magic you should stop the intake for a little while. To enjoy marijuana for the longest time possible, moderation is key, side effects increase a lot with long time usage. You had the same thing happening, but great to hear you've got the old high back, that's wonderful !! :)

Re: cannabis THE BEST

Blowmonkey said:
Hi Johan, welcome to bluelight, great to have you here !! :)

Gugglebum is right, if something starts to loose it's magic you should stop the intake for a little while. To enjoy marijuana for the longest time possible, moderation is key, side effects increase a lot with long time usage. You had the same thing happening, but great to hear you've got the old high back, that's wonderful !! :)

Dank je wel! Thanks!

tolerance question

i have not smoked weed for about 2 weeks now, and i dont intend to till the end of this school year.. i used to smoke multiple times a day, everyday... i had such a high tolerance, i barely even got high.. i just got super lazy...

just wondering if i were to quit for about 6 months, would my tolerance be like just when i started smoking weed?

cuz i dunno.. when i firstly started not only did i get way higher, but it lasted longer, had an easier burnout, and i wasn't nearly as lazy...

just wondering.. thanks guys

Your tolerance would come completely down I believe (you didn't specify how long you were smoking everyday for), but it still won't be awesome experience like your first few highs, though it will definetely be a better high, last longer and with less of a burnout... but probably won't touch your first experiences.

Maybe this should get merged with "i want to enjoy weed but i can't" thread and perhaps other tolerance threads from the past?

Anyway, according to

Good Drugs Guide

which cites medical literature, the actual THC tolerance should be over within a week. The fact that so many BLers and other seem to feel it takes months or years to fully recover seems to indicate some other psychological tolerance or aftereffects that, in some users, maybe never goes away.

And/or THC actually does permanently alter some people's brains, independent of tolerance effects.

1oz. in 3 days [or how long for tolerance to decrease?]

Well i scored an ounce, and i usally dont buy big quantitys of weed i usally get either a 1/4 of mid or 8th of cronic. But this time i got 1oz. of mids and smoked like crazy and it was all gone within 3day. I had a little under a gram and smoked it that morning and usally 8 hits and im high as i wanna be but i smoked 3/4 of a gram in 2 bowl and had about 15 good hits, and i only had a medium buzz for like an hour and usally when i take just 8hits im stoneing good for 2hrs. How long will it take for my tolerance too return to normal.

[topic ammended --fr]

Last edited by a moderator:
for me not too long, for the past couple months i smoked every day, then over winter break i learned how to slow down, now i barely smoke. (once every 3-4days) but i find when i wait just a few days, it barely takes me anything and i get ripped. All i need i one good J and im set, my thoughts..

hell it wasnt but $120, the only way i was able too buy it was because of my christmas money.

Tolerance?

Well, I've smoked on a daily basis for about a year now, not much per day but alot on weekends. Starting in september, I only got an 8tg every weekend until December, and for the last 2 weeks I smoked an 8th a day and my tolerance went way high.

Now, I'm smoking and will continue to smoke about 1-3 bowls per day. Will my tolerance go down since I'm smoking much less, or will I have to completely stop to lose my tolerance?

Some of you guys need to take a break, or you must have really crappy weed? I only need 0.2g to get baked, and 0.3g to get really stoned for around 3 hours and I've been smoking for a full year.

An ounce in 3 days? You guys really need to stop smoking and take a break.
Now, I'm smoking and will continue to smoke about 1-3 bowls per day. Will my tolerance go down since I'm smoking much less, or will I have to completely stop to lose my tolerance
1-3 bowls? Can you please put that in grams? I live in Australia and we smoke cones, but I'd still imagine your tolerance would continue rising. Just take a week break and your tolerance will be substantially lower.

whats wrong

ive been smoking for years now
im smoke every day only blunts
i smoke 3 blunts a day to get a nice high
1 blunt wont hit me at all
does this mean i should stop for awile