• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

This is when that link saying: "Other Drugs" starts to look far too inviting =D

Seriously, take a break for at least a week, you won't be sorry! The high will be strangely new and exciting even if it's only after such a short break :)

--- G.

I would slow down a while. Give your mind a break. Yes i remember getting high in the begining when i started and it was awesome. Now i really don't even care if i get high. If you can't get high why not just take a break and save some money.

you only need to take 3 days off to feel a substantially better high the first time back. if you take more time off you will get really high again.

seriously the more time you take off the higher you will get your first session back...
hang in there weed has its ups and downs and as morisson said if you get bored theres always alternatives that are pretty "soft" (shrooms for example)

but i cant really stop... i really dont think i could. i always have bud, and i always just say fuck it and smoke. its hard :(

yea i think its happened to us all. when it first happened to me i had to smoke just to function properly or my mind was shot to hell and i was really edgy.

then one day i was like " why am i still smoking? i dont even get high anymore" then my nose suddenly grew a stomach and started munching away

mistagreenlung said:
but i cant really stop... i really dont think i could. i always have bud, and i always just say fuck it and smoke. its hard :(

it's hard, but it's the only way. you could try to smoke less everyday and quit after you've reached the point when you no longer smoke 3 times a day. cut back slowly.. stop smoking.. smoke.. goood.. =D

ugh why cant marijuana be perfect? the one thing that i looove soooo much not only costs alot of money, but you can build a tolerance against it! if only the government wouldnt be pussies about marijuana, then prices would go down and i wouldnt need to take a break, but i'd only have to smoke more!

yes, my love for pot............ brings a smile to my face and gives me chills... cause its been dry for the last 2 weeks. and now i dont even want to smoke pot. that makes me really sad cause i really like pot

Actualy, I'd say just the opposite. As i got older, and my resources developed, I've found I prefer smoking now more than I ever did in highschool. In fact, I probably smoke more now than then. If you have a job, school, some other distractions, it's tougher to stay totaly blazed all day. My tolerance hasn't gotten worse in ages.

I still smoke everyday or almost and my highs are as good as they've ever been. My appreciation for them hasn't changed either.

i quit for 2 months... didnt really get that much higher the first time. I'd say smoke better weed or cook with it, smoking good weed works for me

No matter what drug you use, after four years of constant use the high will not be the same. Some people enjoy the less intense high that allows them to function completely normally, while others miss the psychedelic experiences that weed can provide before overused. I found that for me the positive effects got milder and the negatives became more and more pronounced as well. There was a time when the thought of smoking a joint frightened me because of all the horrible experiences I've had.

A break can fix this but in my case it hasn't been possible to achieve the initial experiences I've had with marijuana.

Everything in moderation really is the key. As cliche as it sounds, it's true. Our bodies are designed to naturally adapt to something we are exposed to constantly. And unfortunately this means if we smoke everyday, our body is going to get used to it and stop noticing after a while.

My mom's friends who are in their 50's all started smoking when they were in their teens. Tonight one of them was telling me how she's been smoking so long it barely does anything any more. It just keeps her relaxed.

If you could take a break I would definately reccomend it. Or at the very least take a break from smoking during the day. That seems to be a good middle ground for a lot of people. Good luck. :)

mistagreenlung said:
ugh why cant marijuana be perfect? the one thing that i looove soooo much not only costs alot of money, but you can build a tolerance against it! if only the government wouldnt be pussies about marijuana, then prices would go down and i wouldnt need to take a break, but i'd only have to smoke more!

OK now, read what you wrote and tell me again if you think you're right about it.

Lowering Your Tolerance

If you've been smoking something with a lot of THC- say, KB or Dutch, and suddenly have to go back to smoking Shwag, what's the best way to lower your tolerance fast?

don't smoke for a few days or as long as you can hold out. then the shwagg won't seem so bad. also, smoke it in a gravity bong. you will get blazed.

I had heard that drinking lots and lots of water will flush your system out and lower your tolerance super fast. Haven't read any proof backing it up though.

That doesn't work... unless you combine it with a fair bit of exercise.