• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Stems / Smoking Stems (merged)

If you grind stems into powder and soak them in strong alcohol for a month then evaporate the alcohol you will have a very potent tar like substance. The fact that stems are used shouldn't make it any less potent than it would be if you used buds because either way you have almost pure thc. The only difference is that you have to use much more stems because of the low thc content. I am planning on trying this when I get a few ounces of stems. Does anyone know if everclear or isopropyl alcohol would leave behind any nasty or unhealthy things when evaporated that shouldn't be smoked?

Put a bunch in a coffee grinder (if they have trichomes(crystals)) on the stems, chop them up nice for a few minutes... dispose of the chopped matter and smoke all the trichomes that have been collected around the sides and the lid, that is the only way to get high from stems. Don't smoke them, because it's pretty bad apparently, alot worse than smoking leaves / buds, and the absortion rate of THC is too low to get a decent stone from it.

the way i see it is, smoking stems is the same thing as smokin trees (no, not "trees" as slang for pot). so i never tried nor ever thought i would benifit from doing so.

i can only think of one use for stems, and this only applies to stems of dank bud. more specifically, stems that have crystals on em.

get a glass jar, and keep your stems in them. when you fill up the jar, stick it in the freezer for a day. when you take it out, tap the jar on a table for a bit, this will cause the crystals to come off the stems and collect at the bottom. Stick that ish in your bowl and smoke it!

be easy tho, u'll get fuct up!

mashmetaller said:
In my area the rumor is that it gives you <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=cancer&v=56">cancer</a>. I think this is probably all shit. But stems don't get you very high. Don't bother.

Smoking anything contributes to lung cancer. And for the record...dont smoke stems, ive done it twice...the first time it just tasted like shit, and gave me a wee buzz but wasnt worth it...the second time i wanted to scrape the resin out of my bong, but didnt have a pin or nothin, so i grabbed my bag of stems and used them to scrape, then just smoked the resin covered stems. THAT got me high, but still tasted like ass. Not worth it either way.

Druggist said:
Does anyone know if everclear or isopropyl alcohol would leave behind any nasty or unhealthy things when evaporated that shouldn't be smoked?

This is safe

You'll get high but don't just smoke stems if you are going to smoke stems here is my advice.
After you take your green and break it all down seperate the green from the stems and seeds.
If your like me there's going to be some green on the stems that was too much work to take off or that there's some shake in the bag.
Take whatever left over shake or dust and mix it with the stems and seeds.
Put them all seeds, stems, shake into a coffee bean grinder and grind it into dust.
It will come out green and looking just like smoke that you used to get as a teen. So just take the dust and roll that into a few J's and your good.

Re: Marijuana Stems

RugtimXII said:
I always feel like I'm wasting something when I throw stems away. Is there any use at all for marijuana stems? Is there any way I can extract what little THC the stems have in them, like, enough to make a difference?

I once saved up about 1.5 chewing-tobacco-sized cans full of stems. I then chopped them up as best as possible and put them all in a pint of everclear. I probably could've used less stems, as the mixture turned very green and thick looking after 3-4 weeks of soaking. My friend and I each took about a shot (mixed) and he and I honestly felt high for a good while. He's the kinda guy that has anti-placebo (doubts stuff will work) so it really did work.

i usually just eat my stems. it looks like it would taste gross but then you relize that it tastes just like weed.

HAPPY POST NUMBER 666!!!!!!!!!!

A few months ago I did a stem extraction. I took 1 ounce of stems and grinded it all into powder in a coffee grinder. I put the powder in a jar and poured in 91% isopropyl alcohol until the stems were soaked and the alcohol was about 2cm higher than the stems. I shook the jar everyday for 1 month. After a month I strained the out the stems with a coffee filter and took the alcohol and put it in a pyrex cooking dish. I set the cooking dish in a bowl of very hot water. The alcohol evaporated in less than 5 minutes. I took a razor blade and scraped off all the goo that was left on the pyrex cooking dish. I didn't weigh it but I would estimate that I had about 1 gram of goo. It smelt like the inside of a vaporizer and when I smoked it it tasted like weed vapors. I never smoked it by itself so I don't know exactly how potent it was. I always mixed it with weed and got really high. Next time I am going to use 4 ounces of stems.

i just so happened to have some stems. i just tryed it. its taste wicked horrible. the high is horrible, lasted about 2 minutes than, poof! hell, id rather bury my face in my grandma's waist high boobs. oh and another thing, dont try to smoke menthal ciggarettes trough a bong, and dont drink bong water >.>

the stems contain a much lower perecentage of tch than the buds, but if im smoking a bowl and there is a stem on my bud, then yeah, ill throw it in the bowl, but i dont smoke stems in blunts or joints, it can make the blunt/joint sidetrack bad

I believe I saw a gallery picture of some guy who extracted oil from 250g of stems.. It was a huge cereal bowl full of oil!

True.

I was just calling late night trying to get a gbo off anyone I could. With no luck I searched my room and came up with two bowls worth of only stems. I broke them up and smoked them holding in every hit and swear to god i am as high as a regular bowl.
There is no possibility for a placebo. I smoke everyday and this was straight garbage but it still undoubtedly got me high.\

i love smoking stems - not for the high; for the taste.
i vapourize now, but sometimes i miss smoking a bowl - so i throw in some stems.

i've never gotten a headache from it,
but i have gotten decently high several times. crystally stems.

well i know my friend uses stems to make brownies and those get me and bunch of people all fucked up (an ounce of stems). When u grind the stems in a blender, it turns it into like keef, so u can grind em up and pack that, theat might work

I've tried smoking stems but they just seem to give me a strange "placebo" feeling high and raises my temperature slightly, no real headache though and no real high feeling. So I don't bother with them anymore.

MaliceNwunderland said:
Stems have next to no THC. The only thing getting him high is whatever little weed rubbed off on the stems. Kinda like people who roast a bowl of seeds. Seeds don't contain thc, but it's possible to get a buzz off the residual shit on the seeds.

actually your wrong, seeds have thc.:|