Nov 1st- Scream 5-The Asylum,MA-$30 advance-also a black-out

i thought it went without saying im excited to meet youuuu ;) your the only girly on here besides chrissie that i actually talk to besides idle chit chat :D

Last edited:
i seriously dont know why anyone in their right mind unless they were stupid, crazy, or both, would put dj irene of all people in front of dj craze on the lineup. I wouldnt go that purpose alone! But i live in indiana so i dont have to worry bout it ;)

Good god! i had to register on this board just to get my 2 cents in! are you all going to the "Shit Talkers" party at club Cynic that night or what? you all need to chill out and take a look at urselves. not a single person on this thread has given an example of headliners not showing up, or him being more shady than, say, knowlege or any of those assholes. hello?!, he's a rave promoter, are you not aware that the entire subculture is shady? I don't see any of you throwing massivs and bringing people like AK1200, J-Magik, Rabbit in the Moon, Richard Humpty Vission, Sandra Collins, DJ Icey, DJ Rectangle, anabolic frolic, the list goes on... Did y'all just draw tommie's name out of a hat to pick on? and why did the thread turn from "fuck tommie gunn" to "dj irene sux"? what the hell is wrong with DJ Irene, people love that chick and she makes the party live as hell every time! is it cuz u think tommie gunn over books her? if that's the case why aren't u bitching about clowns like pleasurehead being booked at the asylum every other week? All NW1 parties turn out to be a kick ass time, and even when 5-oh said he couldn't throw those jumpoffs in maine anymore, he keeps on keepin on with things like "plush" in NH. Tommie Gunn's makin his mark all up and down the east coast, makin some loot while he's at it, and y'all are jealous or something. wow, this board is negative, i'm goin back to the junglist soljahz krew.....

well, I don't think DJ Irene sucks......in fact she is one of my favorite DJs yet if other people want to talk shit about her I'm not gonna say "FUCK YOU I LOVE DJ IRENE YOU DUMB BITCH STOP TALKING SHIT"

so yeah.......

Everyone has an opinion and the right to speak it so, even though I don't agree with what everyone says I don't feel the need to argue with them about their opinions.

People will always talk shit, I just ignore it :)

or him being more shady than, say, knowlege or any of those assholes. hello?!,

Are you serious? Knowledge is not in any way shady!!! I work for him and he is a man totally true to his word...if a DJ has not shown up at an event thrown by Columns of Knowledge it has not been because they didn't confirm or didn't get paid. It has been because they didn't show up when they said they would. Chris is one of the few people left in this scene that actually cares about the community and the music. He doesn't throw parties solely for the money. Some of his parties make money and some of them don't but after 10 years you really need to give the guy more credit than that. He is one of the people in this for the music he loves and the community he cares about. Where do you get off saying something like that? Do you know him? Has he done something shady to you personally?

he's a rave promoter, are you not aware that the entire subculture is shady?

This is totally not true...granted their are some very shady people in our subculture but the ENTIRE community? No offence but I really don't think you know the people you are talking about so you really don't have any grounds to be saying shit like that. I am not shady (granted you don't know me but that's totally my point!) I am truthful and dedicated. I work very hard and I care very much about the music and the scene. I am sober, I love the music, and I love to dance! That is why I'm a promoter. I'm sorry if I've come across as harsh or pissed off but I really didn't appreciate your comments

Well, it looks like the wood and I will not be roadtripping it up to MA for this party :( :( due to several circumstances and after more thought deciding it wasn't gonna work out all that well :\

So have fun guys! I am going to MA either that weekend or the following weekend anyway to just visit and chill with my NE buddies though =D

So yea Vector, what's up?

Hey Vector,
Knowledge here. While I appreciate Melissa sticking up for me, I also wanted to take a quick moment to see what the deal was here?

1st do I even know you?

2nd what is your problem w/ my production company and/or specifically me?

Sincerely,

Knowledge... one of those assholes

^^
knowledge, don't worry about him, apparently he hasn't gotten ripped off by N1 or tommie gunn before in the past.

if you want my two cents (like it really matters on a message board) the only production company that i will not, and i repeat WILL NOT attend their parties is N1. there have been many instances some of which chrissie has pointed out where N1 has screwed over people in the past. and the people they are screwing are the party kids, the very same people that prolong the life our scene or whats left of it. how many people has tommie gunn and his crew pushed away from our scene because of his shady practices. not once have i been disapointed by a columns party. sure, sometimes the dj might not show, but that's because you are dealing with a "rockstar dj" who doesn't feel the need to show up to a party because they are so and so. sure promoters are out there to make money, that's their job, that's what they do, but at the same time they have to provide an atmosphere for their customers that will keep them coming back and supporting their crew. that's where N1 falls short, and that's why i wont attend their parties. columns on the other hand throws very good parties. the atmosphere is always upbeat, the ticket prices are never outragous, and i always leave their parties having a good time and wanting to support them again.

Don't know much about this particular party but I am always supporting my friend Nailz. The kid rocks. I've known him for a pretty long time now and he is truely talented.

hahaha, this is awesome

nah, doggy, i got no problems with you, i just threw ur name out there for comparison cuz everyone was bashing tommie's upcoming party at the asylum for what seems to be a bunch of heresay. i figured u were the best comparison, given that seems to be ur venue of choice.

everyone's all heated i guess cuz they've been to a nw1 party and a headliner didn't show up, and i'm just trying to point out that these things just happen. I once went to springfield with my heart absolutely set on seeing Goldie, but he wasn't there, even tho his name was on the TOP of the flyer, but I'm not running around telling everyone what a horrible time it was and no one should ever support true(?) again. now i know im gonna get a bunch of responses with excuses of why he didn't show, and i'm sure they're valid. but for some reason if it happens at a NW1 party its cuz tommie's an asshole. I have a kick ass time at any nw1 party i go to (granted i haven't gone to one for a little while), and regardless of what headliners were and weren't there, they are sick parties. Did anyone here go to lewiston when it was still available? no one else around here has been able to throw a party that could even compare to Earthfest, for example. If it wasn't for his evil production company, i wouldn't have had the time of my life in my homestate.

I've been to many of ur events, had fun, and i don't hold any vendetta or bitterness towards you; but i stand firm: your parties are sketchy as fuck, just like most any party. need I mention that you and your comrades are posting on what seems to be primarily a drug website? I'm sure that does great things for the scene... "Hey, crackheads! come to a rave and take ecstasy!"

So i guess maybe i was wrong in droppin ur name without knowing u personally, but I just wish that tommie was here to defend his business as well. I'm not tryin to piss people off here, just quickly giving a voice to the currently voiceless.

I'm out, and not coming back to this negative and cynical board, so if you still want to rip into me and tell me how stupid and ignorant i am, feel free to IM me: Vector867

peace,
V

Get off the glass. 4 real

Dear vector0,
Can you please get off me?

sincerely,
Knowledge's dick

Haha just kidding, but you really can't compare the production companies you mentioned. Neither True nor Columns has done anything to deserve a reputation like Netwerk One. I think you'll find a vast majority of partygoers have nothing bad to say about True or Columns, other than they may be sick of the Asylum (at times) as a venue.

vector0 - because I know for a fact you'll be lurking to see if anyone responds to you, can you please tell your buddy Tommie to take me off his mailing list? It seems to be impossible to unsubscribe! ;)

Last edited:
boy im highly dissapointed in the north-northeast party kids thus far.

central east coast is where its at kids. just move down here, itd make things hell of alot easier.

mcusa said:
Don't know much about this particular party but I am always supporting my friend Nailz. The kid rocks. I've known him for a pretty long time now and he is truely talented.

amen.

that he does!

vector0 said:
Did anyone here go to lewiston when it was still available? no one else around here has been able to throw a party that could even compare to Earthfest, for example. If it wasn't for his evil production company, i wouldn't have had the time of my life in my homestate.
This is a joke, right?

The absolute, bar-none, WORST party I have ever been to in my entire life, and trust me there have been a few shitty ones, and you use it as a shining example of the kind of party Tommie Gunn and N1 throw.

Bwahahahahahahaahahahahha.

I went to that party expecting a great time, and ended up thinking I'd took a wrong turn somewhere and gotten lost in HELL.

And thats not just me. Every e-mail list, every message board that I read at the time, was full of VERY angry kids that called it "Crackfest." My best friend from college lives in Lewiston, ME and went to the party with my friends and I. Even she said it was beyond awful, and this girl lives in "the armpit of Maine." Her standards for a good party aren't that high. It's freakin L-town for god's sake.

I have not supported any N1/Tommie Gunn event since then, be it a weekly or a party or ANYTHING, since April 2001. Fuck paying $40 for 1/2 the headliners to show up and watching a room full of 16 year olds (actually, some kids at Earthfest were DEFINITELY no older than 11 or 12) that are there to do drugs and act young and retarded. No thanks.

oooomg the bad vibes are liquifying my soul!!!!!!!!!! :p

theres a lot of jaded people in this area

:)

Jadedness is off the charts up here in the northeast, at least when it comes to shady ass promoters including N1 and SOE. Personally, I don't give a shit if they are shady, all I care about in the long run is if I have a good time at the party or not.... N1 does sound pretty fuckin shady however, and I would not like going to a party only to find it got cancelled w/ no refund possible. Why doncha just anally rape my wallet N1, hrmmm, is that what yah want?

Anyways...fuck shadiness and jadedness... lets all just get drunk.