Nov 1st- Scream 5-The Asylum,MA-$30 advance-also a black-out

bdreligrrl said:
Apparantly, starlightgemini and THE WOOD are coming up for this party, kidnapping myself and dancinxtcangel, and dragging me kicking and screaming back into the Asylum.

HELL YEAH WE ARE!!!!!!!! =D

I'm thinking of going as a slutty school girl =D hehe. And yes, THE WOOD and I are driving up from our crappy hometowns and kicking it in the NE where people are cool as fuck =D

And this time I am fucking getting drunk! Not like how I did NOT get drunk last weekend. lol

Jacuzzi Excursion 2003!! w00t!

whats with this "blackout" shit?! I mean I can totally do without all the lasers and bright lights and crap but for fucks sake it is hard enough already to see straight in dark clubs. wtf are they thinking!?

Don't they know I'm scared of the dark :( *cries*

;)

Seriously though...if I can't see anything I'm not gonna be happy.

Oh well, I have until November 1st to sell my soul to the devil or be brought back into the light. Grrrrrrrrrr (any other promoter and I wouldn't care).

omg!

/me binds and gags you!

you are SOOOOOOOOO going if i fucking ride up 8 hours or some shit to see you and dncnxtxangl !!!!! grrr! :p

dreamgirlie19 said:
"mission statement"
We here at netwerkone believe it is our responsibility and more importantly...our privilage to bring international culture and cutting edge music to our home (New England). However, our work has been critized for almost a decade, society continues to condemn our commitment, our community, regularly redicules our constitutional rights and our rythmic rituals. To the powers that be our music will always be "that techno shit" and our events simply "repetitive". Nonetheless, for the netwerkone crew, for the 100,000+ patrons that have passed through our doors in support of our "raves" and our music...Sream is much. Scream is our independence day, our memorial, our god given right, our chance to show the world we are here to stay and on Saturday, November 1, 2003, an entire generation will unite comouflaged in colorful costumes with our dancing shoes in one hand, middle fingers staring straight at the stars and with a big FUCK YOU...we will SCREAM!

this, is lame.

Whats hysterical though....was Katie's commentary while reading this statement outloud from the flyer we got while leaving Starscape. Oh man

I think its funny we have convinced her to go =D

<3 u!!!!

I can't wait to come up and visit!

ahem sorry i must make amends

STARLIGHTGEMINI and I, will be riding up there. Im allready working on my bling* bling* outfit!!!!!

*SPREADS GOOD VIBES*
*SPREADS GOOD VIBES*
*SPREADS GOOD VIBES*

^^ muuuuuuuch better. yeah I'm gonna be a slutty school girl and I convinced THE WOOD to be my pimp. Or a thugged out raver kid I dont' remember :\

Either way I'm hoping to get my ass grabbed ;)

if i dont go to NY maybe i will go just cuz ^ are... :)

dreamgirlie19 said:
if i dont go to NY maybe i will go just cuz ^ are... :)

yes please go!! I want to meet you!! If you can't come to the party hopefully I will have some extra time to maybe meetup with you somewhere else during the day. I WANT to make this an extended weekend but after taking 2 days off of work after Starscape I doubt they will be too happy with me asking for a vacation day :(

I MAY be going to this...probably...but we'll see. I love Craze and would like to see Anabolic, but.... Topp Gunn Productions?? Why? I dont fucking understand what they are thinking having a blackout party TWO WEEKS AFTER ANOTHER BLACKOUT PARTY. Is this Tommie Gunn guy absolutely fucking retarded? Just doesn't make any sense to me...oh well... I live about a half hour away from Asylum...if anyone wants to party before hand, PM me and lemme know, I'll probably be throwin a few back, at the least.

"mission statement"
We here at netwerkone believe it is our responsibility and more importantly...our privilage to bring international culture and cutting edge music to our home (New England). However, our work has been critized for almost a decade, society continues to condemn our commitment, our community, regularly redicules our constitutional rights and our rythmic rituals. To the powers that be our music will always be "that techno shit" and our events simply "repetitive". Nonetheless, for the netwerkone crew, for the 100,000+ patrons that have passed through our doors in support of our "raves" and our music...Sream is much. Scream is our independence day, our memorial, our god given right, our chance to show the world we are here to stay and on Saturday, November 1, 2003, an entire generation will unite comouflaged in colorful costumes with our dancing shoes in one hand, middle fingers staring straight at the stars and with a big FUCK YOU...we will SCREAM!

^^^I agree this "mission statment" is totally lame!! I wanna know if Tommie thought that up himself...lol...cause it's doesn't motivate me to go to this party at all.

Last edited:
xtcvitality said:
Topp Gunn Productions?? Why? I dont fucking understand what they are thinking having a blackout party TWO WEEKS AFTER ANOTHER BLACKOUT PARTY. Is this Tommie Gunn guy absolutely fucking retarded?
You, good sir, just hit the nail on the head.

Actually, "absolutely fucking retarded" is probably considered a compliment compared to what Tommie Gunn usually gets called... He has the exact same dj lineup (give or take one or two headliners) that he has had for every party N1 has ever thrown... EVER. If Craze and Anabolic weren't gonna be there, I don't care who is coming up for this party, nothing could make me go to this. The man is an idiot, an egotist, and an asshole. And thats just for starters! Oh well I guess I can take pride in knowing that this will only be the 2nd time in 3 years that I've donated money to the "get Tommie's BMW detailed" fund.

/end rant

omg

Do you people know how childish you sound with your anti-Tommie Gunn crap. Everyone gets the idea that you hate him but must we hear your whining each and every time he throws an event. I don't get what you are trying to accomplish by it. Do you just enjoy trashing him? Or are you trying to convince others to hate him as well?

So some of his methods are shady. So what.
He tends to promote djs before they are confirmed. So what, if you already know he does that then take every lineup with a grain of salt.
He's more in this for the money than other promoters and djs. So what. He's made a hell of a fortune doing what he's done and I for one commend him on that. If I could make as much money replicating what he's done, I'd do it in a second.

Personally, I have had a blast at every party he's thrown that I've gone to. Sure, I've been disappointed that a couple djs didn't show on occasion but I survived and I didn't let it ruin my time.

I think it's about time everyone just get over this issue. If you don't like him or his events then don't go to them but don't make the rest of us listen to your whining.

craig420 said:
omg
So some of his methods are shady. So what.
He tends to promote djs before they are confirmed. So what, if you already know he does that then take every lineup with a grain of salt.
He's more in this for the money than other promoters and djs. So what. He's made a hell of a fortune doing what he's done and I for one commend him on that. If I could make as much money replicating what he's done, I'd do it in a second.

And with this paragraph you've answered pretty much all of your own questions! Tommie Gunn didn't just have this terrible reputation heaped on him for no reason. A lot of people in this forum just call it like they see it so "poor Netwerk One" isn't spared any bad opinions. If you want people to stop badmouthing his events then tell him to throw some good ones! Plenty of people could care less though, seeming as he throws his big moneymaker Scream every year. You should get ahold of him sometime soon and see if he could use an extra promoter!

Scream? More like Yawn. ;)

Eh not for nothing but who cares if theres a "blackout" two weeks prior...it doesnt matter. Even though i dont like him and his events it doesnt mean i am gonna tell people not to go, because each person has an opinion and they need to form it themselves and not on what i think.

starlightgemini said:
yes please go!! I want to meet you!! If you can't come to the party hopefully I will have some extra time to maybe meetup with you somewhere else during the day.

I doubt im going to ny afterall just cuz of lack of funding...ill see what i can do bout this. I have no car sooo i have to see if i can convince some of my friends to go so i can make em pick me up :)

there is a difference between badmouthing a promoter for personal reasons and letting people know about bad business practices. i for one would rather know if a promoter is shady before deciding to go to an event, so i find no problems with what people are posting.

chrissie said:
there is a difference between badmouthing a promoter for personal reasons and letting people know about bad business practices. i for one would rather know if a promoter is shady before deciding to go to an event, so i find no problems with what people are posting.

soo umm yea, i will be there! and my friend is coming who has never been to a rave type party..only clubs. and i will be breaking my asylum cherry, oh joy.

and finally ill meet the hottness that is the wood ;):D