• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A website for trip reports, voted on by the community

rtainc

Greenlighter
Hey Bluelighters. A few years ago, when I was dealing with major mental health issues (probably) resulting in part from the extensive drug use of the time, I got an idea. I felt like it could’ve helped me at the time but had no means to create it.

In very basic detail, it?s a site where you can share drug experiences, categorized by drug(s) involved. You can view all of the stories including a drug, which by default is sorted by the highest amount of upvotes. It also provides basic harm reduction information for each drug, which can be submitted by users that have accrued enough points, and eventually approved by those with even more.

There?s a full discussion area on each story as well, though it should be noted that it is not a forum. It?s a 100% from-scratch web app that is intuitive and not generic.

Well fast forward a few years, I?ve finally finished the site. It?s working with a tiny community, but as a proof of concept, it?s worked perfectly. I?m not here to promote it, but to seek input from one of my favorite drug communities - does this sound like something you would want to use? After all of the effort I just want to know if it?s worth following though and trying to share it.

if anybody wants to see for themselves, I?d be happy to send it to them as it?s hard to describe quite all of the detail behind its design.

thank you for your input!

You can post the address if you want. We don't promote other sites here, but obviously there are plenty of other great resources out there and we support them all where they make a positive contribution to HR and drug user's welfare.

For those interested, an example page is
https://tripteller.co/drug/lsd

Personally, I wouldn't say it's just another Erowid as it involves much more input from the community. If you like a story, you can make it higher up on that drug's list by upvoting it. If you think there should be information on a drug's About page, you can submit that information, or with enough points, approve other submissions. I also think there's something to be said for a site that would more likely reach a younger audience, who probably need the safety information most.

A view of editing a drug page,
kzUSAJu.png

shows that each drug has a few key bits of information, along with the full description.

For those who are a little nerdy, all of the information is committed to a Git repository, so you can view an interactive history of the site with (only) user IDs showing their contributions.
https://github.com/Tripteller/Drugs/commit/f482b29cda7f727b21cb9ad722124544c02aec85

The site also works without JavaScript (in case some people would prefer using Tor for such a site) and has a full-fledged search system in place - https://tripteller.co/search?q=lsd

I really did put a lot of vision and effort into the site; I am a professional developer so security and privacy was also a concern in the building of it. Thank you for any input, regardless of if you choose to use the site or not.