• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Naloxone induced withdrawal

popetastic

Greenlighter
Let's say you were at a friends house and did just a bit too much heroin. This friend got a tad overzealous and gave you a half of a naloxone nasal spray when you nodded out. This obviously wakes your ass up, with the significantly less pleasant addition of making you dopesick as fuck(ing shit). How long does this last? And how long until you could do more dope and make it better? Doing the wash after ~2 hours had only the tiniest of effects and I'm still definitely sick going on the 3 hour mark. If your friend tossed you a bit more dope by way of apology how long should you wait to do it if you want to be 100% sure not to waste it :?

Why the hell did your friend do that?!

I wait about 3mins, before administering that. I try to hold off. I've had to give it to my husband a few times, he throws up blood. It's really horrible.

I'm sorry you went through that. I'm surprised you're still sick 3hrs later. You already did more dope? Everyone's different. I honestly don't know what to tell you. I don't want to screw you up.

The times I gave it to my husband, it lasted 10-15mins, and he passes out. It really should be wearing off soon.

How did you're friend only give you half? There's no way to control the dose. You put it in the nose, and push the bottom.

Are you feeling less I'll yet?

We're you not breathing or were you just "out"? From the tone of your post, you sound good. Most people affected by naloxone are kind of hysterical and wouldn't be able to type out a post.

This is probably too late but Naloxone has a half life of 60-90 mins. It's duration of action is closer to 45 mins, usually not more than an hour though and the reason a second dose might be needed for OD's that don't make it to the hospital or used ER formulation opioids.

It's nice to hear your friend was ready for the worst but that does sound rough. Welcome to BL and hopefully you're feeling better.