• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quick question, how long does dhc take to peak

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I had 225 mg today but noticed it took a lot longwr to effect me then codeine would ii can feel it the most as im typing this i had 130mg with my dinner about an hour ago and a few hours before that i hadhad aprpx 500 mg codeine with90mg dihydrocodeine so what im worried is will the dhc continue to peak because i am just realising how unexperienced i am with this drug but might move to it due to it being twice as strong as codeine its also the first time ive took something stronger than codeine so i dont want tp overdose or ote stupid either

I had 225 mg today but noticed it took a lot longwr to effect me then codeine would ii can feel it the most as im typing this i had 130mg with my dinner about an hour ago and a few hours before that i hadhad aprpx 500 mg codeine with90mg dihydrocodeine so what im worried is will the dhc continue to peak because i am just realising how unexperienced i am with this drug but might move to it due to it being twice as strong as codeine its also the first time ive took something stronger than codeine so i dont want tp overdose or ote stupid either

If it's your first time I would have advised to take it alone without the Codeine. That way you have known what was what.

I always find DHC takes longer to kick in (45 minutes+) As opposed to most other Opiates I've tried orally (Codeine, Oxycodone, Morphine, Fentanyl etc) It seems to last longer than Codeine too. Also seems to be a little bit more stimulating; In comparison to Codeine, almost very slightly speedy/MDMA'ish) minus the intense rushes that those drugs bring.

I personally wouldn't say it was twice as strong either. I know on paper they say X1.5 - X2 stronger.. But with no/low tolerance a couple of hundred milligrams should have you feeling pleasant enough. The first time I tried Dihydrocodeine (DHC) I already had somewhat of a tolerance to Opiates, mostly Oxycodone. So I was surprised when I crushed 4 or 5x120 Mg DHC Continus in to dust taken with some Benzos, and proceeded to nod pretty hardcore for a good 4 hours or so... =D

Not recommended if you have low/no tolerance to Benzos and/or Opiates.

Safe safe. Stay safe. Safe ;)

I take the codeine with it so i dont get sick because the dhc is missing something im feeling it a lot now I think feel a bit speedy though gonna drop some certizine

If it's your first time I would have advised to take it alone without the Codeine. That way you have known what was what.

I always find DHC takes longer to kick in (45 minutes+) As opposed to most other Opiates I've tried orally (Codeine, Oxycodone, Morphine, Fentanyl etc) It seems to last longer than Codeine too. Also seems to be a little bit more stimulating; In comparison to Codeine, almost very slightly speedy/MDMA'ish) minus the intense rushes that those drugs bring.

I personally wouldn't say it was twice as strong either. I know on paper they say X1.5 - X2 stronger.. But with no/low tolerance a couple of hundred milligrams should have you feeling pleasant enough. The first time I tried Dihydrocodeine (DHC) I already had somewhat of a tolerance to Opiates, mostly Oxycodone. So I was surprised when I crushed 4 or 5x120 Mg DHC Continus in to dust taken with some Benzos, and proceeded to nod pretty hardcore for a good 4 hours or so... =D

Not recommended if you have low/no tolerance to Benzos and/or Opiates.

Safe safe. Stay safe. Safe ;)

The main advantage of DHC over Codeine is it doesn't have a ceiling effect so you can take it till ur hearts content, plus DHC has a less histamine response too. I love the stuff. Im prescribed 120mg Oxycodone daily so I can tolerate massive doses of DHC. For me I take around 400mg for decent pain relief and also for the high. I agree it has a somewhat stimulating high similar to Oxy. It's very effective for opioid withdrawals too, in fact it will eliminate it at a generous dose.

I always found doses of DHC over about 400mg to give weird side effects, like dysphoria and confusion and just general weirdness. Could have just been me though and my large tolerance to DHC at the time.