• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

why do people enjoy xanax?

twohandjones

Greenlighter
So i took around 4 1mg pills last night and it was probably the worst drug ive ever taken. Like whats the point? I just turned into a literal fucking zombie, couldnt stand up, basically could not function. And the worst part is I woke up today feeling like a corpse, legs weak, yawning, eyes noticeably lazy, and had absolutey no motivation to the point i pissed in a bottle instead of going to the toilet, godamn I feel sorry for those addicted to this drug, never again. Also i can barely remember snippets of what happened after i took them, and even today im sometimes struggling to remember what i did 10 mins ago, on top of that time has no meaning to me as in yesterday when I went to my friends house to try the xans feels like it was only moments ago, ig thats because i have forgotten most of the night after taking them. Anyway moral of the story if you're reading this and thinking about recreationally using xanax, just dont, thats my honest opinion, me and my friend ended up selling the rest because it was a waste of time. One thing I dont understand is how people get addicted to things like xanax, for me right now I cant even stomach thinking about swallowing one, physically makes me sick.

Well for starters there's no guarantee you got Xanax, they could have been fake potentially.
Secondly, you took waaaay too much for a first time. That amount would make anyone black out and possibly pass out unless they had a large benzo tolerance.
Thirdly, benzos such as Xanax and Valium aren't really great recreational drugs on their own. They kill anxiety, and are great for taking the edge off many things like comedowns and bad experiences with psychedelics.
If you're quite an anxious person anyway, you are likely to find the relief from said anxiety very appealing, and that is why people love them so much.
They also add to the sedation of many drugs such as opiates.
As you can probably tell, I fucking love em!

there is guarantee unless my doctor prescribed fake xanax lol, and i am an anxious person, ill admit it took my anxiety away but in turn my functionality was non existant, i do remember one thing and that was smoking a hash joint, after that blank, before that blank. If i ever do take them again im definitely planning on taking a small dose and mixing with something like an indica strain of weed, or hash as hash tends to be much more of a mellow experience. I do tend to get some anxiety when smoking cannabis so maybe a small bit of xanax will ease it out

EDIT: it did make me sleep like an angel though which is a plus, if I could compare to anything it would definitely be like alcohol without the sickness, nausea etc., its not that I hated the high as such, more like disappointment but like you said I probably took way too many. Delusions of sobriety came into play there too.

Last edited:
True, it's easy to gobble loads thinking you're still sober. I think this is what killed my fiance with etizolam, propanolol and alcohol. Please be careful. And yet I still crave the fucking things. Go figure.

True, it's easy to gobble loads thinking you're still sober. I think this is what killed my fiance with etizolam, propanolol and alcohol. Please be careful. And yet I still crave the fucking things. Go figure.

Damn dude sorry to hear that, that's horrible :( But I totally understand that (still craving them)... I work for Fire/Rescue and responded to overdoses ALL THE TIME, some of them being fatal (because of opiates). Yet, im a HUGEEE opiate lover. I still take them regardless of what I see... At least you have seemed to have stopped. Maybe ill give them up one day too.

So i took around 4 1mg pills last night and it was probably the worst drug ive ever taken. Like whats the point? I just turned into a literal fucking zombie, couldnt stand up, basically could not function. And the worst part is I woke up today feeling like a corpse, legs weak, yawning, eyes noticeably lazy, and had absolutey no motivation to the point i pissed in a bottle instead of going to the toilet, godamn I feel sorry for those addicted to this drug, never again. Also i can barely remember snippets of what happened after i took them, and even today im sometimes struggling to remember what i did 10 mins ago, on top of that time has no meaning to me as in yesterday when I went to my friends house to try the xans feels like it was only moments ago, ig thats because i have forgotten most of the night after taking them. Anyway moral of the story if you're reading this and thinking about recreationally using xanax, just dont, thats my honest opinion, me and my friend ended up selling the rest because it was a waste of time. One thing I dont understand is how people get addicted to things like xanax, for me right now I cant even stomach thinking about swallowing one, physically makes me sick.
If you suffer severe crippling anxiety, then the chances are at a lower dose, you would have got somewhere close to what many people consider " Normal ".
That in itself is why people crave these and become addicted.

First time I took a Benzo (10 mg Diazepam (Valium)) which roughly equates 0.5 mg Xanax (Alprazolam) I felt liberated. As if the shackles had been finally been unlocked. Although, I was a late comer to the Benzo party; I didn't try my first 10 mg Diazepam, that magic little blue pill - until I was almost 30. I'm now nearly 40, and the majority of that 10 year period is just one big train wreck!

Well, several hundred train wrecks to be completely honest.

Take it as a blessing in disguise that you are not a fan.
Safe ;)

Last edited:
People voted for the nazis and listened to cold play you cant trust people

you took too much. 2 mg is a already a high dose. benzos are crappy drugs but they can make an anxious person feel really good in the right dose. after discovering better drugs for anxiety like kava and ghb, i would never recommend benzos.

to be honest, id rather take xanax than any drug on earth but LSD. You took 4 mg. Which is an extremely high dose for somebody who hasnt taken it before. It has so many positive benefits. For me personally, i get 120 2mg bars, a month, and i take adderall with it every morning. I now have a new condo, worked at ATT for the past 5 years and life hasnt been better. If i dont have adderall which is never because ive been prescribed for 15 years, you would understand. Mixing the 2 go together so well. You are relaxed and awake and aware, when the combo is mixed.. I still take xanax alone and love every minute. Dont give it a second chance, because you already have a bad experience behind which i find impossible. But everybody is different. Very interested post. From somebody who will go out of there way once a month to get 120 , 2mg bars , makes my life, have very little anxiety attacks and ect ect from all the ecstasy i took from 1998- 2018...... So i plan on taking it everyday for the rest of my life. I dont forget things, I work at an IT company where I have to build computers, setup security cameras for every retail ATT store in the united states and puerto rico. Obviously ive build up a tolerance but all these horror stories are complete bs.......or are just people being stupid and not researching before trying a new drug. Dont judge a book by its cover or what other think. my 2 cents. take it or leave it.

I dont think xanax is a euphoric benzo if only slighlty.

Temazepam. Etiz. Lorazepam. And midazolam IV (the best one !)

I use lorazepam along with paxil (paroxetine) and lorazepam is extremely helpful for me for anxiety and falling asleep.

1) Statistically speaking there is a greater chance you got something besides actual Alprazolam.
2) Benzos are only euphoric and recreational for people with extreme anxiety, or balancing out / coming off stimulants.

I really don't get the craze as most people aren't anxiety/panic sufferers (chronic).

They make me relaxed like drinking 2 beers, but no euphoria that is associated with alcohol, also no compulsive need to continue drinking as alcohol gives only short lived high just like GBL. Not very recreational if you mean getting very high. But taking benzos with speed you don't get paranoid that easily and more calm, so it's more enjoyable.

1) Statistically speaking there is a greater chance you got something besides actual Alprazolam.
2) Benzos are only euphoric and recreational for people with extreme anxiety, or balancing out / coming off stimulants.

I really don't get the craze as most people aren't anxiety/panic sufferers (chronic).

I want to also point out that for people with severe panic, it's not euphoric or recreational, it JUST BARELY TAKES THE EDGE OFF. Yes I have had panic attacks that badly and with no tolerance, 3mg only helped me begin to cope with what was going on. No good feelings.

The drug works depending on how much GABA you already have, etc. Without any GABA benzos would have no effect.

I have to disagree with point two. I have never had panic or anxiety issues proper and have never been dependent on benzos.

I find temazepam and etizolam highly recreational. They make me act/talk like I've had a few drinks (lost inhibition) and I like the physical dream like feeling.

It could he argued that I have anxiety (I am a drug addict self medicating something I would guess) but I dont have panic attacks or anything of the sort.

agree ^^^^^^^ but when you are prescribed 150 bars a month its a diff story, you always get good xanax so it rocks, i use a bar and a adderall ir 30mg every morning with like 2 mg of buprenorphine sl tablets..... so that combo for me....after years of drug abuse is perfect....but anyways GHB is so good i would rather do that than all 3. Its the most euphoric drug besides the first 10 times i did mdma in 1999.

They make me relaxed like drinking 2 beers, but no euphoria that is associated with alcohol, also no compulsive need to continue drinking as alcohol gives only short lived high just like GBL. Not very recreational if you mean getting very high. But taking benzos with speed you don't get paranoid that easily and more calm, so it's more enjoyable.

again absolutely correct

from my understanding there are predominantly two groups of people that use xanax. Group 1 is people with anxiety and group 2 is people who black out on it.