• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting IV with 3ml syringe instead of 1ml syringe?

avcpl

Bluelighter
I'm pretty new to this and in all my research I only see people using 1ml (1cc) syringes for IV injecting.

I'm dissolving a 4mg Dilaudid pill and then filtering it through a 0.1micron 13mm wheel filter. Since there is some loss of product in the filter, I would like to use a less concentrated solution (hence 1.33mg/ml instead of 4mg/ml).

Should this be ok? I use 31G leuer-lock needles and plan to press the plunger nice and slow and steady.

Thanks!

I ONLY use a 3ml syringe. Thats perfectly fine. But a 31g needle? Damn never knew they made it that small lol I personally use a 25g 5/8in needle.

Im going to assume you've never IV'd before so I'm going to give you a few tips, just in case. Make sure you drawl back on the plunger first before you inject (after you have inserted the IV into your arm), to make sure you're in the vein. You will get a rush of blood back into the syringe if you are. Sometimes you get a "flash" in the flash chamber in the needle, but that doesn't mean you're in. You could of went through the vein by accident and you won't be injecting the medicine into your bloodstream. Warm your hands/arms up by putting them through some warm water in a sink or just take a hot shower before. It will help you find a vein, making them larger as well. If you have Narcan, keep it by you. I typical keep 20mg of it by me, all loaded up with needles, so I can give myself an IM shot... just in case. If I think im ODing, I can simply IM the Narcan in my leg. (im using something a little stronger than 4mg of Dilauded though). If you have any other questions, just ask.

Last edited:
^thanks so much for the info; you are correct, I had just been going by the "flash" in the chamber; it usually worked well (the few times I've done this), but one time my arm swelled up and scared the hell out of me; I'll make sure it gets into the syringe proper from now on!

thanks again; I really appreciate any advice/tips; I never planned on going down this path but with doctor's cutting down meds of us pain patients I need to save as much as possible. So I want to do it as safely as I can. :)

No one ever does brotha...I totally understand. Good luck and be safe.

Last edited:
I understand you will surely have your reasons for switching to a more efficient ROA in hopes of making your reduced supply last from script to script, but although I have no direct experience with opiates, I think it is pretty much an established fact that most people that switch to IV from a less effective ROA in an attempt to use a smaller quantity, actually end up massively increasing their tolerance and using a bigger quantity instead.
YMMV but keep this in mind.