• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does it take for benzo dependence to kick in?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I've been using Alprazolam for 4 days straight. If i stopped now would I experience any withdrawals? Many thanks

Hey! I’ve been on alprazolam for months now. It can be a physical dependence however I just find myself getting more frequent and extreme panic attacks. Iv heard otherwise for long term users. You grow a dependency easily so watch out for that. I went from 1 to 4 or 5 mg within the first couple of weeks. But generally stay on 2 mg if I can. I break it up into sections throughout the day.

4 days and you will probably get some rebound anxiety. Have you used xanax regularly before? Repeated instances of withdrawal tend to intensify each time so be cautious.

Most studies indicate that benzos make anxiety worse in the long term. Playing with benzos is a great way to make general mild anxiety something pathological and very hard to recover from. Please be cautious and keep binges to 1-2 days with decent gaps in between usage.

4 days and you will probably get some rebound anxiety. Have you used xanax regularly before? Repeated instances of withdrawal tend to intensify each time so be cautious.

Most studies indicate that benzos make anxiety worse in the long term. Playing with benzos is a great way to make general mild anxiety something pathological and very hard to recover from. Please be cautious and keep binges to 1-2 days with decent gaps in between usage.

I only want to use it once or twice a week. For example over a weekend so I can relax. Would that avoid a dependency?

.. if it is not going to be 4 or 5 times per week my guess is you would be alright but still... I once said this to myself also. Two weeks later i used it every day (for sleep) 5 weeks later i had to up the dose because it was not working anymore, nasty stuff that.

Most people should be fine using a benzo once or twice a week (if you use a benzo with a massive half life you might reach a steady state with twice a week, which could cause issues in the long run), but you also have to worry about psychological dependence

Four days in a row will not cause dependence. If you are anxious in general, you will have a little bit of rebound but no big deal.

If you have been dependent on Benzos in the past, the rebound will be much worse. The more times you've gone through benzo withdrawal, the worse it will be.