• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help ease my mind please. Suboxone and Klonopin.

Automator

Bluelighter
Experienced users, pease please help. Suboxone and Klonopin.

I?ve been on 1mg Klonopin for 20+ years.

Also been on Suboxone for 10+ years - started at 16mg for a month, then 8mg for a month, then 4mg for 9 years.

About a year ago I tapered to 2mg - then a month ago I stopped Suboxone and went on MSER 60mg.

I started back on Suboxone 4mg today. Stopped the MSER last night.

I?m feeling slightly sedated, and freaking myself out.

Do you guys think I?m causing this myself?

Just been a bad week. Love you guys.

Last edited:
Morphine AND Suboxone can both cause drowsiness. I think it might be all 'mental' brotha. I think you worrying about it is only making it worse. You should be fine. Try to take a nice hot shower or something and then get some rest (assuming its night time where you live). If you need to talk about anything brotha, im here.

Morphine AND Suboxone can both cause drowsiness. I think it might be all 'mental' brotha. I think you worrying about it is only making it worse. You should be fine. Try to take a nice hot shower or something and then get some rest (assuming its night time where you live). If you need to talk about anything brotha, im here.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Hoping the drowsiness goes away as the Suboxone builds up in my system. Taking 4mg morning and 4mg night. Think that’s a good schedule?

Yep, that should be good! Is your goal to take a total of 8mg a day? Usually, the "norm" is to take it once daily (because of its long half-life... 36 hrs), but some people prefer the split it up for twice a day (once every 12 hours). Because it works better for them and they get fewer side effects. Obviously, everyone is different, but do what works best for you!

Still scared. I can’t seem to convince myself that it’s ok. Anxiety sucks.

is this a super bad mixture?

Are you talking about the Suboxone and Klonopin mixture? Or just talking about the 4mg x2 a day?

Automator,

Did you find the suboxone worked better than the MS Contin?
Why did you switch back?

My doctor is suggesting a switch from MS Contin to Suboxone but I also take the klonopin and was worried about that mixture a bit as well and I need control of severe chronic pain. It looks like I'm going to be diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease or Multiple System Atrophy. Things have gotten worse for me.

I need the one that controls pain the best and doesn't aggravate a REM sleep disorder.

I think you should be alright with the suboxone and klonopin combination. It sounds like you were on that combination for years before?
Maybe just the switch in medications has made your anxiety flare up. Hang in there.

Let us know how you are doing.

The Suboxone has almost eliminated the pain that the MS Contin didn’t even touch.

My anxiety is super heightened right now.

Ok, so today things were about 70% better. I was happy for the first time in years. I can fucking walk! I can bend down and twist my back - it DOESNT HURT.

So, I felt GREAT tonight. Took my .5 night dose of Klonopin and am getting anxiety. Nowhere near as bad as last night, but it’s something I can feel. I’d say it feels like a weird body buzz. It kinda freaks me out because of all the stuff I read about interactions.

Since klonopin is a CNS depressant and so is Suboxone - as long as I’m breathing ok and everything, should I be good? Or is there a rare interaction that could happen?

any thorough information would be greatly appreciated.

doc seems to think I’ll be ok - but I’m getting this feeling at night.

For reference - I’ve been on klonopin .5 x 2 for 22 years straight.

i was on Suboxone 16mg for a month (2008), 8mg for a month(2008) then 4 mg for 8ish years. Tapered to 2mg for another 2-3 years.

Have never taken an extra dose of klonopin because I don’t like the way it makes me feel.

Just wondering is is shocking my body by going all the way up to 6mg Suboxone will screw me up?

This klonopin feeling I’m trying to describe almost feels like an unpleasant Trazadone buzz.

Are you talking about the Suboxone and Klonopin mixture? Or just talking about the 4mg x2 a day?

I’m worried about the mixture of Klonopin and Suns.

im not taking 8mg - I wake up and take 2mg sub, .5mg klonopin and 40mg celexa

evening is a 2 mg dose of sub

then night is a 2mg dose of sub and .5 klonopin.

funny thing is I don’t have any anxiety when I take it all in the morning.

Yeah brotha, you're 100% okay taking them together. Nothing will happen (like Overdose). Both are a really small dose and you'd need MUCH MUCH higher doses to get anywhere near that area of where you'd OD.

You're all good :)

So you were taking slow release morphine and switched so subs after only an overnight break? It really sound like precipitated withdrawal to me. You will be fine taking the clonazepam with the subs if you've been taking them a while, same as with the morphine.
It sounds to me like you took the subutex too soon after your last morphine dose and it gave you mild precipitated withdrawal in the form of bad anxiety. The reason you're feeling better now is the morphine is out of your system and the suboxone is holding you fine now.

Last edited:
The Suboxone has almost eliminated the pain that the MS Contin didn’t even touch.

My anxiety is super heightened right now.

Thank you for the answer. That eases my mind some. Sorry to ask while you are having such bad anxiety.
I think Axe Battler is correct with the medication switch causing the anxiety.

Glad to hear things seem to be working themselves out and you are feeling better.
I wouldn't worry about the suboxone and klonopin together.
Both are a low dosage and you have been taking them both for quite awhile with no problem.
It is just your mind playing tricks on you due to the medication switch. Hang in there.

Best of wishes and best of luck brother. Hope you are feeling even better today.

So, I felt weird again today.

I sleep late, as my internal clock is off.

So around 1:30pm I took 2mg Suboxone, .5mg Klonopin, 40mg Celexa and a Multivitamin.

Felt awkward and loopy.

Around 5:30pm I took 2mg Suboxone

Still felt anxious and loopy plus I was drowsy.

11:15 pm I took 1mg Suboxone - now I feel a slight craving. Not sure what I should do.

I’m going to try 1mg, 2mg and 1mg tomorrow.

Hopefully I stabilize on that. What do you guys think about 4mg? Or should I stay at 6mg?

I don’t know why this is happening. Never felt like this on sub before. It’s stressing me out.

Went to the hospital for anxiety Saturday morning at 2am.

Bloodwork came back perfect.

I just need someone to talk to.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you are still having such bad anxiety.

Try some breathing exercises and just take it easy.

I think it takes a few to adjust to switching medications. I would stick to the 6mg suboxone if that is what you are prescribed. Sounds like you had cravings on a lower dosage.

How is your pain level?

Is the Celexa something new the doctor added?

Sending you comfort. You are not alone. I'm here if you need some support or want to talk.
I understand about the anxiety.

How are you feeling today? I hope you slept well.

Woke up and took the whole 2mg. Feel decent today so far.

I should note there are a LOT of stressers in my life ATM. Nothing life threatening or health.

So, I’m having moments of clarity.

At night I usually feel really good. But after I take my Klonopin, I can “feel” it working - almost like a Xanax buzz (which I DO NOT enjoy)

Ill keep this thread updated. I have some stuff to do tomorrow, the sun is shining - say a prayer for me.

you have no idea how much I appreciate you guys.

Woke up and took the whole 2mg. Feel decent today so far.

I should note there are a LOT of stressers in my life ATM. Nothing life threatening or health.

So, I’m having moments of clarity.

At night I usually feel really good. But after I take my Klonopin, I can “feel” it working - almost like a Xanax buzz (which I DO NOT enjoy)

Ill keep this thread updated. I have some stuff to do tomorrow, the sun is shining - say a prayer for me.

you have no idea how much I appreciate you guys.

Awesome man, glad to hear it. Hopefully, those 'stressor' get better (or just go away in general).

Relatively good day. Last dose coming up soon.

Hopefully this is past me. I’ll update in the morning.

God Bless you for taking the time to talk to me.