Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Frozen to Fridge Degradation

PistachioProblems

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

Paper blotters wrapped in tinfoil and in a plastic bag were accidentally left in the garage at around -10?. After a night out there I put them in a plastic container in the fridge so they could slowly warm up.

But I opened the container, bag, and tin foil twice without letting it return to room temperature :(
Should I expect any degradation?

Thanks in advance!

They'll be fine, don't sweat it.

edit: if you were really paranoid you could throw a silica gel pack in with them now, just in case there's any trace moisture in with them.

Actually, LSD like most chemicals degrades SLOWER in cold conditions. So storing it in the freezer (properly wrapped) is the best way to go.

The fact that I opened the container+bag+tin foil without letting it return to room temperature is what I'm worried about, because of condensation. It was only for maybe a minute each time, is that enough of an opportunity to do any damage?

The fact that I opened the container+bag+tin foil without letting it return to room temperature is what I'm worried about, because of condensation. It was only for maybe a minute each time, is that enough of an opportunity to do any damage?
That won't cause any noticeable degradation.

Yeah you'll be fine from doing it once or even a handful of times, just don't make a habit of it. Welcome by the way, I like your username. =D

When you take the baggie out of the cold storage to open it, just keep it flat in between your palms for a minute to avoid condensation issues.
To be realistic you are going to need to open a cold container with blotters inside MANY times before humidity becomes an issue.

To store in freezer..

Put your blotters in a paper bindle, then wrap this in paper towel. Add a silica gel pack in for good measure if you?d like. Place this in a zip lock bag. Wrap this bag in a paper towel then place in another bag. Repeat again if you?d like. Change out the paper towels every year or two if you take them out often.

This packaging allows for more forgiveness when opening while still cold, condensation will stick to paper towel.

-GC

Isn't direct light what causes direct LSD loss?
Store it in an airtight container, in a cool, dark place. A ziplock baggie in the freezer keeps it stable for many years. But wrapped in tin foil and put between the pages of a book at room temperature isn?t bad either.

People tend to think LSD is excesively fragile, but in truth it isn?t that bad. Yeah, if you place blotter on the dash of your car in direct sunlight for hours, it will probably degrade. But with some common sense it can be stored for years.

Store it in an airtight container, in a cool, dark place. A ziplock baggie in the freezer keeps it stable for many years. But wrapped in tin foil and put between the pages of a book at room temperature isn?t bad either.

People tend to think LSD is excesively fragile, but in truth it isn?t that bad. Yeah, if you place blotter on the dash of your car in direct sunlight for hours, it will probably degrade. But with some common sense it can be stored for years.

This is an understatement. Just last week I dosed some LSD that I had laid away in 1966. The first 20 years it was stored in a deep freezer inside one of those old metal 35mm film canisters, then until present at room temp (I forgot about it until I accidentally found it while I was looking for a replacement vacuum tube). It was still very active, so much so that I almost wished I had split it in two.

One of the things that degrade LSD is tap water due to chlorine and fluorine, so def keep it away from that.

And enjoy!

That is interesting White Rose, the longest I ever kept some was black pyramids in 1995, and dosed in 2015 and were just as strong.

This is one of those topics where if you research people go back and forth a million times but there are still unanswered questions. I have had blotter keep for years, and also fantastic blotter go flat in 2 years. The flatness is the same a stale morning glory seeds. There are simply not enough molecules to take you there. Storage is always the same, glass, sealed, no light or heat. I have found freezing unnecessary after much trial and error. To me if it is going to keep it will keep. I've had the same success and failure with the freezer. Most kept but some batches just don't. I've had gels keep and not keep. I've had blotters keep and not keep. 80% they keep.

One of the interesting things that was said (by G-Chem I believe) is the presence of impurities can break it down quicker. That is a valid point. Yet I would suspect most batches to have some impurities with the presence of inactive iso lsd and whatnot.

I remember a friend found blotter in his wallet about 10 years after he had it and forgot. He had 3 blotters and figured better take 2 because it may have lost potency. He was floored. lol It was too much for that day for him but he rode it out. So even in a wallet in a hot car Summer after Summer and not stored well this batch he had kept. Never just assume it loses potency. It may but for me most don't.

This is an understatement. Just last week I dosed some LSD that I had laid away in 1966. The first 20 years it was stored in a deep freezer inside one of those old metal 35mm film canisters, then until present at room temp (I forgot about it until I accidentally found it while I was looking for a replacement vacuum tube). It was still very active, so much so that I almost wished I had split it in two.

One of the things that degrade LSD is tap water due to chlorine and fluorine, so def keep it away from that.

And enjoy!

May I ask why do you keep you replacement vacuum tubes in a deep freezer ?=D