• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

New this site. Hi everyone..

pgoncalves197044

Greenlighter
Ok. So here we go. I'm basically on here to try an figure out what's wrong me. I've had about 50 doctor visits in the last year and a half and none can tell me what's going on with body - brain.
It all started when I had what I call a "eye stroke"? A curtain slowly came down over my eyes and then came back up, all within it say about 10 sec.. All at the same time I felt a tingling sensation up the back of back where I often feel dull tension headaches.
Well, that scared the shit out me.
Up until that point I had been taken a supplement by the name of "Zantrex Black"
In obscene amounts per day. I'm talking 3 pills 3 times a day for around 3 years. That's equivalent to about 1000 to 1200 mgs of caffeine (from Guarana) and other stimulants I'm sure. Why I did I take them you might ask? Well at first I was using it to get more energy to loose weight and get in shape, which I did. But after a while I had built up such a tolerance to it that I had to take them just to get through the day. Just like an addicted drug. I really feel that these
pills screwed something up in my nervous system. I used to be able to drink 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day and never bother me. But now even if I have a few sips my blood pressure rises and I get dizzy and pressure in the back of head and neck. I went to the doc and told him about my blood pressure which really isn't that high when it goes up, but even when it gets to 120/ over 80 I start getting those migraines or tightness in my head.
The only thing I notice that helps is taking my
blood pressure med. I'm on azilsartan which is an arb. I believe it blocks my body from producing angiotensin 2 what causes the fight or flight response from the release of adrenaline. Anyway I'm rambling on. But has anyone experienced or has know anyone who has possibly gone through anything like this? I would really live to hear some feedback. I've been trying to go off the blood pressure meds. Thanks to everyone on this site.

Paul

Did you make the doctors aware that you were taking this product? Maybe you had a bad reaction to it since you were going over the recommended amount. I would quit using this stuff if you haven't already and see if your symptoms improve. I'm going to move this over to Health & Recovery and maybe someone can help. Welcome to Bluelight! :)

Hi! Welcome to Bluelight!

That sounds scary. Most of the time, I can drink coffee and caffeinated things and not get wired out. Occasionally, I will have this sudden sensitivity to caffeine. Even if I take a few sips of a Coke, I get shaky, etc. Really weird.

As T. Calderone said, if you didn't mention the supplement to the Dr., you might want to do that.

Maybe you can start tapering off of them? Then you might avoid the splitting headache that rapid cessation of caffeine can cause.

Good luck!

Hi again. Thanks for the responses. To answer the question of telling my docs. Is yes. That's the the first thing I did. I also quite taking them from that day on.
Haven't touch them since. The only thing I regret now is not being able to drink a normal cup of coffee. Or any stimulant for that matter. I believe my body has been running an adrenaline and the sympathetic nervous system for the last 3 years. My body has been in fight or flight mode for so long that when i quite taking the pills and tried to even just drink a normal cup of coffee it makes me all jittery and my blood pressure goes up and I get scary migraines kind of similar to the eye stroke I had. I have read online that caffeine abuse causes damage to arties. I believe the constricting affect of the caffeine could possibly cause lack of blow flow in certain arteries in the brain. I don't know I'm just trying to make sense of it all. I had all the tests done after the incident.
Naming MRI, with and without, brain scan for aneurysms, CT scan angiogram, neck. Still no answers. I've been trying to heal my nervous system by taking a boat load of nerve repairing supplements that I've read about. Also have started taking the arginine and other natural amino acids that dilate arteries and promote blood flow. Anyway im rambling on again but I believe all that caffeine has caused my arteries to constrict which in time also stiffen causing poor blood flow. Like I said I'm doing everything now to try and reverse it. Might be to late but I'll never give up. I'm always trying to figure it out.
Might have to cerebral blood flow tests done. I thought the MRIs would have shown that. Anyway again than you guys.
Paul

Hey Paul!

You're doing everything right, and in your power. Now, you have to try to trust the process and your body's amazing ability to repair itself.

Have you ever tried Tumeric? I believe the supplement is called Circumen. It has to have black pepper in it for your body to process and utilize it. Read the ingredients to be sure it's in there.

It supposed to help for imflammation amongst other things. If you haven't already, look into it.

I hope you're having a good day. ❤️