• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Subutex and travelling from UK

RecuvSub

Greenlighter
Admins - if this fits better in another part of the forum, please move the topic.

Hi all,

Not been on this forum in many many years and had to create a new username.

Wondering what countries are safe to travel from the UK to with an 18MG Subutex/Bupenorphine prescription and am a bit apprehensive. I'm not using recreational drugs and don't intend to (ha ha, easier said than done huh).

Just wondering if anyone has travelled to any locations - wondering about Spain, Tunisia, Greece, Portugal, Malta, Canary Islands in May or any other destinations and what your experiences are. I really don't want to end up in prison or some other mad shit happening like that lady in Egypt. I imagine it might be a struggle in Muslim countries but I'm surprised at the amount of countries that don't prescribe and are punitive with it.

Anyone know the process - I'll be in contact with my worker but she's off for a while.

Thanks

Recuvman

Hi Recuv! Welcome back to BL.

It's on your side that it's an Rx. Im not sure what to tell you, other than to possibly contact the places/airports that you're going to encounter.

Better to find out than get your meds seized and have you're trip ruined. It sounds like you're traveling to some incredible destinations. Hopefully, someone that is more knowledgeable than I will join the conversation or you can find out online or by calling. Good Luck and Happy Travels.

Call your embassy in the country your visiting?

My ex came from the UK to Greece with me with a weeks worth of DHCs (he had a soft dr, got them via GP not drugs services). We were never apprehended, but he took a letter from the GP and the box clearly showing the prescription details.