• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help with taking Oxycodone for the first time

TinnedPeas

Greenlighter
Codeine to Oxycodone dosage help

Hi :)

So I've used Codeine many times, went from everyday use for around 6 months down to twice a month to once every 2-3 months. I never had a tolerance more than 300mg and usually it sat between 240-270mg and even when I hadn't done it in a couple months my tolerance still sits at 200mg-220mg.

Anyway..the point of this post is I have some 5mg Oxycodone immediate release capsules. I want to try it however need some advice as codeine is the only opiate I have experience with. So a few questions if anyone can help :)

- What should my starting dose be relative to my codeine tolerance (I haven't used Codeine since start of Febuary and will take Oxy orally)? This is the most important thing for me, I want to take the minimal amount possible to get a decent med to lower high, I don't want intense. I literally have no idea about Oxy dosage so any help is much appreciated!

- I can get very itchy from Codeine sometimes (it really varies) but I find a couple of antihistamine can really help. I have however just read that it shouldn't be mixed with Oxy? Is that correct? Does Oxy cause the same histamine irritation?

-What is the oral onset generally to peak? Codeine was about 30mins I hit peak but I could tell after 10 mins whether it was going to be a strong or weak high (I used to occasionally CWE so dosage is harder to keep constant as you know)

-How long is Oxy high duration? How long until it can be taken again? (As codeine needed about 4 hours between highs to work properly)

-Similarities/difference to codeine as it's my only opiate experience and I'm extrememely comfortable with it so comparisons to Oxy will help

-Anything else I should know? I plan on taking it tonight so in about 7-8 hours from now after work

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight :)

I guess it's already to late and you tried it, but here are some answers:

1. 10-15 mg oral as a starting dose should be fine, if the high isn't powerful enough you can redose 5 mg every hour until the desired effects set in
2. Afaik oxycodone triggers less histamine release, so you should get less itchy. Taking an antihistamine, especially second gen (less sedation) like loratadine should be fine
3. It normally takes around 10-40 min to feel the first effects and peak plasma levels occure after around 30-60 min
4. Duration of action is around 3-6 hours

Hey dude, none of us are doctors and can "tell" you what to take in a single setting. However 10 mg for an Oxycodone virgin may be relatively high. Oxycodone is NOTHING like codeine, even in small doses it's way stronger than codeine. I would start with just one, wait an hour or even 90 minutes before redosing. No need to risk overdose when a small dose may work totally well for you. Besides oxycodone is strong in itself so even a "small" dose of Oxy is still a lot of an opioid. Plus don't forget that tolerance will build sooner than later, and you don't want to get in the habit of running out waay before you're supposed to. Be safe, friend.

Might not want to take it too late at night as some find it way more stimulating than the other semi-synthetic phenanthrene class opioids.

Report back on how it went also Tinned Peas.

If you need to take 220mg of codeine to get your desired effects... the oxycodone dosage equivalent to that is approx. 25mg. Id obviously start lower than that, because you can always take more. BUT... 25mg isn't really that high of a dose though, but its always better to err on the side of caution. You only have 1 life.

It takes anywhere from 10-45 minutes to kick in (usually takes 45 for me...) and can last anywhere from 4-6 hours (sometimes more, sometimes less). For me, the medicine feels stronger and lasts a lot longer on an empty stomach, if you want a little 'kick'.

Last edited: