• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone taper HELP!

Kmccartttt

Bluelighter
So I?ve been using H an subs on and off for a little bit. I used heroin for 3 months an would get on subs for 5 days then use for a week then get on subs for 5 days. I did that about 4 times. However I managed to get 10 days on subs an then relapsed for a week an today I am back on suboxone for 13 days. I take 8 mg a day and in 6 days I have an extremely important interview where I cannot be on this medicine. I know regardless it wouldn?t be out of my system regardless if I cold turkey?d but I?m guessing I will have a drug test with in the next two weeks. However I started my taper today an dropped down to 4 mg. Tommorow I am going to drop down to 2mg. Should I rapid detox an drop down to 1mg, then .05, then .25 an so on? Or how should I do it? I got off subs after a year with a slow taper An didn?t even miss a day of work. It was tough but was bearable. I just don?t want to relapse an I need this job!!!! Thanks guys please help.

Also another question I have is, will the detox even be that bad even tho I?ve only been on it 10 days?

I take it you don’t have a prescription for the subs? If they’re actually prescribed to you then you shouldn’t worry about testing positive for your own prescription medication.

No I am prescribed. But the electrical union doesn?t allow you to get in even on a prescription

What's your hurry? Surely you can just taper as you start work, or better still, stop tapering and stay on a stable dose of subs whilst you get used to your new job.