View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need help remembering a name of a drug

crescentry

Bluelighter
So a while back, my buddy told me about this one really obscure sounding psychedelic that drastically altered your perception of time, and i mean drastically. Apparently this stuff can make you feel like you're in a trip for days, but in real life you've only been sitting there for a few hours. does anyone remember the name of this?

On iboga (also known as ibogaine) I felt that a whole week had passed by when it was really 2 days. The most drastic time dilation I'd ever experienced.

Can you give us more details please? Is this a designer drug or research chemical?

Many psychedelic drugs can make short periods of time seem a lot longer than they are. If you eat, or smoke enough pot this can happen but not to the extreme you wrote about.

Honestly that describes any strong psychedelic experience, rather than a specific drug. I have experienced the strongest time dilation on ibogaine and mushrooms and 2C-E... I read about it more often than most other things with salvia and sometimes DMT, too. But I've experienced it significantly on lots of things. It's unlikely we will be able to really tell you anything, unless you have more details (and even then it's a guess... I have never heard of a drug where the general consensus is that it has way stronger time dilation effects than anything else and I probably would have heard about it because I'm a huge drug nerd. Most likely your friend happened to have an experience where he had way more time dilation from it than from anything else, and so that's what he personally associates with the drug.

Honestly that describes any strong psychedelic experience, rather than a specific drug.

This. On 25mg 2C-E, I at one point felt as if I had just mentally binge-recapped two entire seasons of a Netflix show, and was shocked to find that not even 15 minutes had passed when I looked at my watch.
Any psychedelic - especially those with a strong headspace - is going to significantly alter your perception of time.

I believe shulgin once suggest making a drug what could be used on convicts what would make a year long prison sentence seem like 100 years

I found 5-meo-amt to cause extreme time dilation (or what I assume was 5-meo-amt)

What Shadowmeister said.

While I can't know what drug your friend had their strong time dilation experience on, I do know the ones that were the strongest for me.

While 2C-E and cannabis produce really strong time dilation for me, only mushrooms have made me feel as though I was trapped in heaven for an "infinite" period of time. It was my one and only truly transcendental psychedelic experience.

For me, though, salvia is the prototypical chronodilator. It quite reliably produces time dilation, and the effects can be extreme, with years passing in a matter of seconds. Along with dimensionality (reality merging/slicing,) gravity (getting pulled or pushed,) and othering (becoming an inanimate object,) time dilation seems to define the salvia experience.

.................time dilation seems to define the salvia experience.

Funnily, for me, it actually renders time meaningless - a very interesting experience as I have no idea when the experience started or if it will ever end. A truly 'here and now' experience. Except the 'here' is pretty weird and incredibly fluid.

I also experience what has been referred to as 'time travel' - not that I'm aware of travelling through time - I'm just suddenly back, for example, as a baby in my pram looking out at people looking in. I suspect these are reasonably accurate memories but I am having them as if they are actually happening in that moment.

I also experience what has been referred to as 'time travel' - not that I'm aware of travelling through time

Interesting, I for sure have slipped outside time and space on Salvia. One time clearly as I held my breath with the hit in I could have held it forever. But I breathed (was not going to chance it). :)

I have a DMT trip report here called Time Continuations. I remember all points in time connecting and picking up where they left off. I had another experience (but didn't want to kick up my own report) in that another trip when I came out of it felt like I was sitting for 3 months instead of 10 minutes. No so much in time but a memory of sitting for 3 months. It kind of scared me, did not want to feel like I sat for another 3 months on any later excursions but has not happened. lol