• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Abused my script and worrying about seizures and bad withdrawl. Please Help!

Fixed43

Greenlighter
I have been prescribed 15mg of klonopin per month for 5 years.
I initially took it .5 daily but started becoming dependant so I tapered off slowyl with little issue.
After a few months I started using again but would binge the 15mg. Generally would take about 4mg dose 4 times a month. Sometimes going a few weeks without any.
Using like this i did feel better and didn’t notice any rebound effects.
Then I made a HUGE MISTAKE.
Over the course of a month i used my whole 3 month supply.(45mg)
Most all of it was taken over a two week vacation. During this vacation i was taking klonopin almost everday and now I have run out so can?t taper.
It has been 3 days and i feel high anxiety and blurry thinking. Its not that bad realy, similar to my first wd a few years ago but I have read about seizures and death from higher doses.
I am afraid this 2 week binge of using almost everyday and almost 45mg could be realy bad. Am i in trouble? Please advise.

Last edited:
Im not sure where you live, but maybe you can buy some CBD oil (or maybe just marijuana in general) and take that to help as an 'anti-epileptic' type medicine for a few weeks (2 times daily). I take that for my seizures and it helps stop them. Im sorry that you are going through this. Im currently withdrawing from my hydrocodone (had surgery and was taking HUGE doses) and hasn't been fun... The good thing about CBD is that it can stop seizures and help anxiety (obviously everyone is different though), so maybe that will help you.

Just my two cents. Good luck

Thanks for responding! I'm just really scared that this two week binge could cause serious health problems so I may try the cbd. Might as well. Best of luck to you as well.

This is one of the reasons I never abused my benzo scripts when I was taking them. If you start feeling bad off get medical help.

I've taken 300 diazepam. In 10 days and had zero WDs... I do have a prgabalin script though which I think negates WDs from benzo

^ but did you have a huge amount off time of the diaz before AW? because 10 days shouldn't put in you in the positons of having withdrawals after.

go to a doctor/hospital and get on a diazepam taper

or at least taper with one of the long hl rc benzos

People like you posting this stuff on the internet makes it really difficult for those that need benzos to get them. I hope you learn from your mistake in your anxious state.

Not to scare you, you may be. I would go speak to a doctor. Say what you must but make it clear you are out. None of us have medical degrees and we can't tell you if you'll be safe or not. In the meantime, try THC or CBD. Have you heard of Gabapentin? It is not controlled but is prescribed for nerve pain or to help prevent seizures. If you can have a doctor prescribe that to you, you'll definitely be in the clear. I hate to be an ass, but please use this as a lesson not to abuse your shit anymore. Also know that the abuse is why people who genuinely suffer can't get help. These medications are a privilege in the eyes of the medical community and they will take them away if they sense you're an addict. Take care.

People like you posting this stuff on the internet makes it really difficult for those that need benzos to get them. I hope you learn from your mistake in your anxious state.

Cry me a fucking river. Try needing opiates prescribed right now.

I personally think benzos are as easy as aspirin to get a hold of

Agreed. For some reason, they don't have any problem with giving out benzo's. But getting pain meds (without being in pain management) on the other hand is like winning the lottery. The other day, I was at my yearly checkup, and I mentioned about not being able to sleep and she wrote me a script right there, without even asking lol

Yup, I second this. I had a 2 level lumbar spinal fusion in October and only got a month of opioids, A fucking month!! Without getting pills off the streets I honestly think I would of killed myself from the nonstop suffering day in and day out i endure.

And btw I've seen 3 PM doctors and they all told me to fuck myself pretty much. The best they did for me was one of them prescribed me tramadol which did absolutely nothing. I get 10mg percocet or the 30mg blue oxys from various people each month. And its costing me a fucking arm and a leg.

On the other hand, I can get pretty much as many benzos I want from my doctor. I get scripted 50 10mg valium a month. And 2mg xanax bars for my panic attacks.

I would do anything to have it the other way around. As for your question, maybe see a doctor. I went cold Turkey from xanax 4 years ago after taking 4-8 mg a day and had 3 grand mal seizures, the last one I dropped right in from of my mom, and she freaked out and called 911. Also benzo wd is by far the worst wd out of anything IMO.

Yeah, I feel your pain man.
They are going to kill me by not managing my pain.
It is going to cause me to suicide myself.

This fucked up "opiate epidemic" is just the worst thing that could happen for people suffering chronic pain!

Fixed43 - are you okay?

Let us know how you are doing. Please.

Worried about you.

I think your ok. A month isn't that long to be dependent on benzos. It'll hurt but you'll pull through

1 month "shouldn't" be a big deal. It is more psychalogical then anything. Diazepam has a long half-life. Stay away from coffee, caffeine, nicotine, stimulants in general.
Call your doc and ask for a taper, only if you need it. Only you know if you do. Calming herbs and teas help a bunch.

Last edited:
Hey, yea thank you. I felt a lot of anxiety and strange but by day 6 started feeling better every day. Last 3 days and I can no longer notice symptoms unless I try to focus on them. I was an idiot and won't be doing that again. Thank you for the concern! :)

Man... Why so cold??? I am prescribed for Very bad GAD and Sad and used it responsibly for years until I made that mistake. The 'binge' was not to party and have fun I just caved to anxiety that was worsend by traveling and new places. I know it was dumb and I have never abused my medication before and won't in the future.

Thank you! Day 11 and everything has been gradually improving since day 6 or so. Last few days I can't really notice symptoms other than slightly increased anxiety. I have been avoiding caffeine and walking to work to burn off anxiety. Feeling hopeful.

Good to hear things are improving and you are doing alright.
I'm really glad to hear it.
Sleepy time tea extra helps a lot.

Don't worry about it brother, we have all had the odd occasion of just needing some dang relief and put ourselves in a bad situation. Just ignore us chronic pain people, we are having the hurt put on us badly and we can't help but blow off some steam about it here and there.

Just get back on your regular schedule ASAP and stick with that.