• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycontin questions (Can't find anything online)

Chillpill126

Greenlighter
Hey all, I've recently gotten some 30mg Oxycontins and am having trouble figuring out the dosing. 1st to provide some info to help you better answer my question i'll give some history into my usage: I've been using 10mg hydrocodone for about 2-3 years, off and on. I would usually get around 10-20 of them every month and take 1-2 a day with 3 being the most on the weekends when I stay up later than usual (Which would feel pretty good).
Recently though I took a long break from December all the way to the end of January to which I picked it up again. As for my total usage I got 20 hydros (10mg) starting Jan 28th and took 2 at once (which would feel great) each day until I finished those, then about a day after finishing those (roughly Feb 10th) I started getting some oxycodones (30mg IR) to which i've been taking half in the afternoon and the other half at night (3pm then 6-7pm)...

(for a couple days though I was taking a whole 1 after stuffing on a lot of food so it wouldn't hit too hard, which would feel great though sometimes really intense towards the peak, but had to go back to halfing as at times it would go through anyways hitting really hard to the point of giving me a scary rush, can't tell if it was just a panic attack or if my body was negatively reacting but that scary rush would only last a few minutes since I would quickly get some fresh air out in the backyard to calm myself, and eat a bunch of food and water to sort of soak it up. I figured I was wasting it anyways by soaking some of it up with food to prevent it from hitting too hard)

...until 2 days ago I picked up some Oxycontin (30mg ER) to give those a try. The first day (2 days ago) I took 1 and it felt pretty good but not as strong as usually would with half an Oxycodone, but it did last the whole day so I was somewhat pleased with the trade off. But yesterday I felt almost nothing and today its a bit better but somewhat the same problem.

Basically my question is, as someone who weighs 168 Lbs is about 5,11", isn't opiate naive and has been taking oxy almost everyday for about a month now, would taking 2 30mg ER oxycontin be too much or would it be a good amount to get the usual desired effect without ODing? Also, if that is too much, would taking a 10mg hydro with it be enough to get the desired effect and safe to mix with oxy? I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac and don't want to think that I'm ODing if i'm really not, as the online symptoms seem to be very generalized, so I'm just wondering if taking 2 would be safe considering they are slow release and considering my tolerance.

(To those who read this far thank you for your time! I really appreciate it!)

You wont OD, that really isnt that high of a dose (imo) lol You kinda have a lot of things going on here, so imma try to explain the best way I can lol .... (This is what id do). Id take 1 ER oxy and 1 hydrocodone the first day. If that didnt work, Id try 1.5 pills of the ER oxy (assuming you can cut them in half) for a total of 45mg. If that didnt work, the third day Id take 2 full pills of the ER Oxys. Remember, you can always take more. After the medicine is absorbed into your bloodstream you can "untake" it (unless you have narcan).

Like I said, this is what Id do personally. Getting the 'correct' dosage just takes time...and there can be a lot of 'trial and error' with it as well.