• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How do you extract dihydrocodeine from Rikodeine cough syrup?

Rikodeine2014

Greenlighter
Hi everyone from Australia

A year ago, this stupid country made codeine a prescription only drug. The only thing available that is morphine based is dihydrocodeine, in the form of Rikodeine syrup. There is ?pholcodine? cough syrup but I wouldn?t even bother with that rubbish as it has a half life of 30+ hours.

Rikodeine comes in 2 sizes, 100 and 200ml. It contains 19ml per 10ml, therefore a 200ml bottle contains 380mg of DHC. The problem is, that it contains 4.4g of sorbitol per 10ml... if you drink over 50-100ml of it you notice stomach problems and uncontrollable farting. I never even feel a high.

How do you extract the DHC? I saw a thread on bluelight that told of a non polar solvent (DCM (dichloromethane)) to submerge the Rikodeine in and extract out a clear layer. Problem is, when you add DCM to it it splits into 3 layers and it just doesn?t work.

I?ve thought about trying yeast, to eat away at the sugar. Theoretically it should work, and the sugar should turn into ethanol like when baking bread.

Any help from chemistry experts? Thank you.

Hi Rikodeine, I'm moving this to Other Drugs and hoping knowledgeable people can help you with this.
Welcome to Bluelight! :)

U might need to try adding some brine to the mixture to break up the emulsificstion. I'm trying to figure about why you have three layers.

Also is sorbitol not soluble in dcm?

You also have to make sure the mixture is basified otherwise the dcm will not contain the opiate