• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you snort Alprazolam (Xanax)?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I've got 60 Alprazolam tabs coming my way in a few days. I've always eaten them but can you snort them instead?

No its a huge waste Xanax is not water soluble. Which means it will not be absorbed through the nasal passages. You'll be losing a lot of the drug. Just eat them or put under Neath your tongue that's the best way imo

Technically you can snort anything you can powder up, is most of it a good idea? The answer is no. Xanax burns like hell and doesn't kick in any faster or stronger when snorted, basically it's just a waste.

Everyone is going to tell you that because it is not water soluble it will not work to snort it. I do not believe that is correct. If that were true then there?s no reason sublingual admin would work.

You have approx 5 liters of blood. You want to absorb approx 2 mg of alprazolam. So as long as Xanax has soluabikity of .4mg/l or more, you will absorb it. And this does not Consider that there are lipids in your blood for it to absorb into.

It takes about 1 minute for all of that blood to circulate.

However, the oral bioavailability is great and absorption is extremely quick so snorting does not present any tangible benefit.

I started by snorting Xanax and did in fact end up physically addicted from doing so. However, I haven?t snorted Xanax in years because there?s no benefit to doing so. And I am physically dependent on it so I take some 4x a day.

Maybe someone with medical training can tell me if there?s a flaw in my logic.

TLDR don?t snort it. It?s not worth it but NOT because of the water solubility of Xanax