• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Scared of posible first withdrawals. Need information

jorge12

Greenlighter
Hi, I have been using oxycodone for past 4-5 days. in past i done oxy onle 8times and it was 2 months ago. I never have withdrawals of any kind so iam worried. What can i expect ? Its been 18 hours since last dose and iam feeling depressed, lightheaded, and overall weak. How long will it lasts ? also i have school tomorrow ... any information will be helpful. Thanks

What is your sex and age? What dosages did you use, and how frequently?

5 days use isn't going to be too bad at all - you'll probably have less energy, maybe a runny nose, some sweats / chills - you can pass it off as just having the flu. That's worst case scenario. 3 days it'll be over.

What is your sex and age? What dosages did you use, and how frequently?

I am male, 18 years old, its been my first time binge doing opiates. Prior to this i done oxy 9 times total, but never more then once two weeks. Last time 2 months ago. in those 5 days i was doing 80-100mg a day.

5 days use isn't going to be too bad at all - you'll probably have less energy, maybe a runny nose, some sweats / chills - you can pass it off as just having the flu. That's worst case scenario. 3 days it'll be over.
He's only done opiates 9 times in his life. I get those symptoms described above after doing Heroin for 2 weeks straight and after abusing opiates off and on for a few years. He won't feel any type of withdrawal

That's what I figured, but I gave the worst case scenario just in case. I actually believe he won't feel a thing besides boredom.

The symptoms you are feeling will likely be pretty much the extent of your withdrawal.

Be warned, your body will adjust to the binges and your tolerance will begin to rise more and more quickly.

This is different than alcohol kindling but the outcome is the same: more withdrawal from the same use over time.

Do me a favor and stop now. Your wd will last AT MOST, a week and will be super mild.

In my experience at worst you'll get anxiety, insomnia, hot/cold flash, runny nose... basically the flu. In the best case (because its such a short time)... it will be a minor cold. I wouldnt worry to much about it. Take some tylenlol for headaches, nyquil or benadryl to help sleep, immodium for stomach, eat fruits, shakes help me out, and anything to keep your spirits up. The worst should peek at day 2-3 and by day 4 you should be good to go.

Do yourself a favor a dont fuck with this shit mate. Opioids are the worst shit you could get trapped in and you WILL get trapped. Best of luck chap.

As said above, trapped is the word. Having to plan days in advance where cash or pills or whatever are coming from leaves very little room in your head for much else i.e. a life! Get out now. these withdrawals will be a piece of piss compared to if you keep going and getting more dependant on opiates. They are a super short term fix for a long term problem, and the longer you rely on them the harder it is to stop. See a doctor or therapist if you need to, otherwise just drop them and find fun and pleasure in less destructive things.

Really, I hope I don't sound d condescending, but the the withdrawal from a 5 day binge is comparatively nothing compared to the crushing physical and mental torture of a serious habit going unfulfilled. Please rethink your life choices.