• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-Methyl-MDA Anyone?

Ok, things are looking out to be obvious...But I still need a site to confirm legitimacy of what and who goes around...

pm me if neccesary, thanks in advance

Ime avoid bath salt rc stims except the first gen ones like methylone and mephedrone. I?ve had extremely negative reactions with all the x gen rc stimulants and empathogens.

Not to say there isn?t any potential but the high will probably only have fragments of what mda had at varying intensities.

doesn't matter, I haven't seen this anywhere else and i still don't know the best site to verify legit or scam sources. :/

A bunch of vendors offered what was claimed to be 5-Methyl-MDA a few years ago, with the first reports claiming it to be extremely potent, while others found it to be a relatively lackluster empathogen, which suggested to people that much of it was probably bunk.

The "Big&Dandy"-Thread on Bluelight has a post where the user claims that MDA really is just a milder, less stimulating version of MDA. Since that post goes into detail about the NMR spectra of this supposed 5-Methyl-MDA, it seems fairly believable, and it would also fit in with what we know about the structure-activity-relationship of empathogens (the 5-methyl group would likely the drug more selective as a serotonin releasing agent, but less potent overall - in general, selective serotonin releasers like MDAI are considered less recreational than MD(M)A due to the lack of dopaminergic stimulation).

Basically, this suggests that at some point there was atleast some real 5-Methyl-MDA going around, it's just that the substance really isn't that great when compared to its parent drug.

Just like all the "bk-'" versions of many rc empathogens...Thanks for the info

Just like all the "bk-'" versions of many rc empathogens...Thanks for the info

Weren't the cathinone empathogens generally more stimulating in relation to their serotonergic/psychedelic effects (if you corrected for the higher required dose) than their amphetamine counterparts?

With 5-Me-MDA, the situation seems to be reversed - a selective serotonin releasing agent with mild psychedelic effects, but very little stimulation.

Weren't the cathinone empathogens generally more stimulating in relation to their serotonergic/psychedelic effects (if you corrected for the higher required dose) than their amphetamine counterparts?

i found cathinones like 4-mmc to be more stimulating than serotonergic definately. With Bk-mdma it felt like it lost a bit of both in strength, potency wise. with stuff like bk-2c-b it seems you only require more to get the same effect as regular 2c-b. with most stimulants, the more times methyl is in the name it seems, the stronger it becomes but not Always. In some cases like adding the methyl part on methaqualone still causes a quite useless analog that is not stronger at all...

the more times methyl is in the name it seems, the stronger it becomes but not Always. In some cases like adding the methyl part on methaqualone still causes a quite useless analog that is not stronger at all...

Not true at all as a generalization

MDA is stronger by weight than mdma. MDDMA is even less potent according to pihkal. I could think of dozens of other compounds as well.

I would absorb pihkal and tihkal amd again re-assess that thought