• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Staying off meth?

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Anyone here actually quit meth and stay off of it? Quitting is easy, after 4 years getting high is painful and terrifying. Even after 8 months of sobriety I still feel soupy and mentally off balanced, long term sobriety from meth seems like an oxymoron to me sometimes. Any suggestion? Heroin users seem to bounce back much quickerz

Yeah, probably losers like me. Most people get heavily addicted, or avoid due to psychosis. Those not prone to psychosis tend to go onward or end up depressives or what not. I guess there's a light at the end of the tunnel for someone even if it was never "for me".

You can stay away from crystal, you just have to imagine how bad the side effects/come down feels if it feels bad. From what I remember from your posts you are very unhappy with the down sides?

Want to talk about what you're going through - how you're feeling? What's going on?

If the thoughts are coming back to use it means you haven't resolved the internal issue for why you are using in the first place.

Addiction begins with you meaning you can turn it off too if you wish. However that means being truthful to yourself and admitting the past in fine details and making action progressively along the way to resolve it once and for all.

If the thoughts are coming back to use it means you haven't resolved the internal issue for why you are using in the first place.

Addiction begins with you meaning you can turn it off too if you wish. However that means being truthful to yourself and admitting the past in fine details and making action progressively along the way to resolve it once and for all.

I?m slower, more neurotic, and borderline psychotic at times. Everythings personal. I?ve been in active recovery for 3 years and I want to quit but 7 years of abuse has probably put a couple holes in my brain and nothing ever seems to take away that constant fear of existing, getting up tomorrow and adulting. ?Oh good a moment of peace, I can now try to relax so I can go to work tomorrow.?

If I could just wake up and feel refreshed like everydays a new day Id be a lot happier. The annoying part is nothing negative is really happening but life generally isn?t satisfying no matter how much I put in

I think if you can't handle doing it, if you can't get high and live a normal life, maintain a job, pay bills, be there for your family, and stay away from the stereotyped lifestyle associated with meth, if it's causing problems in any area of your life, then why fucking do it or even think about doing it?

The only reason you're probably using meth is not that it's euphoric, but that it's reinforcing and it's activating NACC brain pathways. You absolutely need to find joy and meaning in life aside from using, and I know this can be really hard.

Just remember how much happier you are off it. Maybe stable is a better word. Just know that life is more doable without it.

isn't the very definition of addiction that you can't stop, even though you can't handle it (i.e. the consequences are getting way worse than the pay off of using). the problem is, you don't know you can't handle it til you're in too deep. i wouldn't have fucked about with very adictive drugs if i hadn't truly believed i could handle them.

I used for 24 yrs, stayed clean for 8 months and relapsed. I was not comfortable trying to be someone that I am not. Half my life ive been high, thats what I know and thats what I'm comfortable with...

get help!!! i have been high half my life and could not imagine ever not using something, i'd cross addicted and cross addicted til i got to crack and heroin + pregabs/benzos/antipsychotics and thus had no where else really to go (meth isn't really available where i was), and it just got more and more painful. it was so fucking scary coming into recovery and its been so fucking hard but i have a chance at a life that was totally beyond my reach now, as long as i keep working. don't write yourself off you deserve better than a life of drug addiction.