Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Storing DMT long term in liquid form

JeffWarby

Greenlighter
Hi

I would like to know a good method of storing nn-DMT long term in liquid form.
Ideally just straight nn-DMT crystals dissolved in something or alternatively DMT fumarate could be made and that dissolved.
So the solvent or alcohol its dissolved in should not degrade the DMT.

What do you think about the following?...

a large quantity of Heptane (so it dissolves at room temperature large amount would prevent precipitation at room temp I believe)

Acetone

Peg400 or PG or VG

Iso rubbing alcohol

Ethanol

Methanol

I don't know much about chemistry but understand most of these contain oxygen atoms.. thats bad?

Thank you

DMT dissolves in vm&p naptha, and will freeze precipitate if the solution is saturated. Not sure about long term storage, but it will probably be ok if kept cool and dark. Google recrystalizing DMT.

Why not just keep the crystals in the freezer?

Yea the question first needs to be why you want to store it in liquid? That will better determine what solvent to use.

In the end, it?s usually better to keep your substances dry and pure as possible put away in a cool place until ready for use.

-GC

I've had DMT in crystal form that I'd kept for years in a dark / dry / cool place and it was still as potent as could be. Don't really see the need to store in solution.

^^Same here.

Although a few things should be noted about DMT..

While the potency won?t go down even if left in less than ideal conditions, it?s purity will.. As DMT oxidizes it can go from a nice crystal to a brown goo or putty. These degradation byproducts are indeed still active and some argue even more active. BUT... The nature of the experience also changes as well. I much prefer freshly extracted DMT over stuff that?s been put away for a few years personally.

The great thing with DMT, is you can see this process happening before your eyes fortunately. Storing with a dessicant in a freezer has always been the best option IMO.

Also the purity of your DMT will effect how fast it will degrade. It takes the smallest minute impurity to get the process going it seems. DMT that?s been very properly extracted, washed, and recrystallized multiple times will be much less likely to degrade than DMT that wasn?t.

I?ve found Ultra Pure DMT will NOT degrade easily, even in rather shit conditions. Case and point. One summer we had quite a bit of very good synthetic DMT roll through our area. My friend gifted me his last quarter gram at the end of a festival cuz he knew how much I loved this particular batch.

It being the 4th day of a festival, my memory wasn?t working to par so I without thinking shoved it some place and instantly forgot where I put it. I searched for a bit but concluded I musta thrown it in the trash.

8 months later! My wallet falls out and guess what tumbles out of some unknown crevice?? That bundle of DMT! Moment of truth, an obviously crushed sample of DMT that had stayed in my wallet against my warm body for months on end. Upon opening it looked good, if not better, than the day I put it in.

In fact it got even whiter! (It was an off-white, off yellow color before.). I believe it may have reverted back to its other polymorph but that?s just a guess.

I can promise, most peoples home extracted DMT would have been a brown goo pasted to the inside of that card had it been left in those conditions for 8mos.

Moral of the story, purify your deems!

-GC

Why do you want to store it as liquid?...

DMT and 5-MeO-DMT can oxidize in solution i think.

keep it as a solid, and indeed dry cold and out of light and oxygen.

^^Same here.

Although a few things should be noted about DMT..

While the potency won?t go down even if left in less than ideal conditions, it?s purity will.. As DMT oxidizes it can go from a nice crystal to a brown goo or putty. These degradation byproducts are indeed still active and some argue even more active. BUT... The nature of the experience also changes as well. I much prefer freshly extracted DMT over stuff that?s been put away for a few years personally.

The great thing with DMT, is you can see this process happening before your eyes fortunately. Storing with a dessicant in a freezer has always been the best option IMO.

Also the purity of your DMT will effect how fast it will degrade. It takes the smallest minute impurity to get the process going it seems. DMT that?s been very properly extracted, washed, and recrystallized multiple times will be much less likely to degrade than DMT that wasn?t.

I?ve found Ultra Pure DMT will NOT degrade easily, even in rather shit conditions. Case and point. One summer we had quite a bit of very good synthetic DMT roll through our area. My friend gifted me his last quarter gram at the end of a festival cuz he knew how much I loved this particular batch.

It being the 4th day of a festival, my memory wasn?t working to par so I without thinking shoved it some place and instantly forgot where I put it. I searched for a bit but concluded I musta thrown it in the trash.

8 months later! My wallet falls out and guess what tumbles out of some unknown crevice?? That bundle of DMT! Moment of truth, an obviously crushed sample of DMT that had stayed in my wallet against my warm body for months on end. Upon opening it looked good, if not better, than the day I put it in.

In fact it got even whiter! (It was an off-white, off yellow color before.). I believe it may have reverted back to its other polymorph but that?s just a guess.

I can promise, most peoples home extracted DMT would have been a brown goo pasted to the inside of that card had it been left in those conditions for 8mos.

Moral of the story, purify your deems!

-GC

Haha same here!! I had wallet DMT on me for about 4 months and it was fine, in all honesty I've kept DMT in some truly horrific conditions, the elf's would be pissed.
I've had just under half a gram in nothing but a baggie on a shelf for over a year and nothing, it had been prepared by a chemist friend so it was about as pure as she could get it, smoked like an absolute dream