• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edible dosage for 1st timer?

cowboyjim

Bluelighter
So im getting a 'space' brownie this week. A friend of mine buys one for me in a coffeeshop that is known for their edibles here in the NL

The contents of it is 0.8 gram. I have zero tolerance since i did not use any THC in at least 15 years.

What i want to know is what the dosage should be to take on an empty stomach.

My idea is to cut the brownie in 8 equal pieces and perhaps take 1/8 to start with. Perhaps less, wait an hour and re-dose?
I dont want to have the chance of anything negative.

Anyone can say something about this hopefully?

Yup.

Let’s say the weed used to make the brownie was 20% THC. 0.8 g would give 160 mg into your brownie.

Divided into 8 pieces is ~20 mg per piece.

Recommended dose for a beginner is 10 mg. You should be okay at 20 mg. Even if the weed used to make the brownie was, say 30%THC you’d only be getting 30 mg, which shouldn’t be overpowering.

After a few hours you’ll get a feel for how 1/ piece goes.

If 1/8 piece is underwhelming, adjust upwards.

Tom

The problem is not knowing how strong the weed used to make it was. That's why I always have trouble with edibles. They're really unpredictable. Personally though I would do 1/4 of the brownie. I would rather have too much happen than nothing at all and feel like I'm wasting it.

My best advice is to just be ok with the possibility of it hitting you harder than you had intended and be willing to take the ride. if you're afraid of it or try to fight the high it'll only make it worse and you'll have a terrible time. Just let yourself go where ever the high wants to take you and don't try to control it or overthink it.

either way, you'll be ok. Just pop in a small piece and have fun :)

Every person have unique internal physiologic environment and can therefore experience different results with various medications. One person's response to a dose of edible cannabis can vary significantly from the next.

Report back - how did it go?

When i eat edibles i tend to get a whole body high that is fairly uncomfortable. I prefer to smoke, as i can remain relatively high functioning.

Report back - how did it go?

When i eat edibles i tend to get a whole body high that is fairly uncomfortable. I prefer to smoke, as i can remain relatively high functioning.

i get this too! im a heavy smoker, as in dabbing daily from wake to bed except during school, but whenever i eat an edible (only like 3 or 4 times so far) it gets me all anxious and uncomfortable. i know thc ingested vs inhaled is way more potent yet i dont get why since my tolerance is currently thru the roof

Hi Patrick, I think it's because the release of THC is a continuous event with edibles whereas inhaling is intermittent.

My experience was great btw. I was a bit scared it would hit me to hard so i fist had food and after that 1/6 of the edible. Had a very mild high with that, 2 hours later i took another piece (1/6 again) and then it began to set in, an hour later i was high but in a very relaxed and stoned way, makes sense i hope.

I prepared by downloading some suitable movies, docs etc. I was at first watching this docu thing about the Kumba Mela. For those who never heard of it it is this insane religious happening that takes place in India every 12 years .. like 64 million people gather and many religious important people come there.
The Dalai Lama was there etc etc...crazy shit. One Buddhist person was buried for 72 hours underground to meditate and many many colorful scenes that boggle the min I was INTO it in a massive way! After that a few more movies and many snacks later i went to bed. It did not help me to sleep though because i lay awake all night until sleep eventually at 6(or so)

The next day i did the same again (same routine) and the high was a bit stronger somehow but no unwanted excitement or anything like that.

Anyway i ordered two more cakes this time and cant wait to next weekend :D

Oh in case anyone interested in the doc i was talking about: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420723/?ref_=rt_li_tt