• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I Mix Etizolam & Klonopin?

Phenzaman1234

Greenlighter
Hey quick question I was wondering if there?s a danger to mixing etizolam and klonopin. I was prescribed 4mg a day etiz blisters. Random question but a response would be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, welcome to BL. I've moved your post to its own thread so that you'll get more responses.

You can technically mix the two, but it's not ideal since they're both benzodiazepines and you're going to effectively be double dosing. Why do you want to mix them?

BTW we don't use SWIM/pet cat etc here, just say "me" "I" etc as we all know it's you that you're talking about ;-)

Last edited:
Sorry wasn?t sure new here lol. Well I?m prescribed the klonopin for PTSD I served in Iraq I?ve been on the klonopin 14months? But I?ve been prescribed high doses of Valium and Librium for about 2 years before that. I was just wondering because it?s pretty cheap and easy to get the etiz and my friend swears up and down by it it?s bwttwr then Xanax for panic attacks(which I routinely get) and all I can find online is one is a theodoazepine the other is a benzo and you shouldn?t mix them due to respiratory depression according to psychonaut but I wanted to see for myself.

My biggest concern is just respiratory depression mixing them and there?s not much real info on This matter. My psychiatrist won?t give me shit for panic attacks and the benzos well I kind of have a tolerance I?ve been prescribed a long time 3 years about but started taking Xanax 4 years ago due to flashbacks/nightmares I saw some bad shit over there

Well, yeah, it's not a good idea to mix them because it's like taking a much higher dose of either. Technically etizolam is a thienotriazolodiazepine (an analog of typical benzos). If you're still having trouble with panic attacks despite taking klonipin, haven't you discussed this with your doctor?

[edit] sorry I just saw you've posted some more. Yeah, don't mix them. Take one or the other but don't risk using both unless you know exactly what you're doing.

I'll leave it for others to chip in on whether one works better than the other for panics, but generally those are questions best directed to your doctor or psychiatrist. Have you tried finding a different doc?

I have tried unfortunately the only other one doesn?t take my insurance. Where I live it?s veey hard to get prescribed klonopin and I?ve asked him but he doesn?t acknowledge I get panic attacks. Well thank you for the answer I?m not gonna mix the two appreciate the advice dude. Ty

I?ve asked him but he doesn?t acknowledge I get panic attacks.

That's fucked, does he know that you served in Iraq and suffer ptsd? I'd seriously try to find someone else if they don't even acknowledge the fact you suffer from these things.

Easier said then done unfortunately. Saw him today says he can?t write me anything for a panic attack because I?m on the max dose a day for the klonopin for panic disorder which is true I am but ughhhh frustrated. If anybody can offer me any alternative please Lmn. I have very bad anxiety and I?m literally willing to try anything at this point

Therapy. Breathing exercises etc.
If you take the etiz only for panic attacks, you're unlikely to die due to respiratory depression as yii have a bwnzo tolerance.
My biggest concern would be pushing you tolerance higher and higher and becoming a total zombie.
How much clonazepam you on?

Hey quick question I was wondering if there?s a danger to mixing etizolam and klonopin. I was prescribed 4mg a day etiz blisters. Random question but a response would be appreciated. Thank you

I sure as hell wouldn't!
You will get yourself into a world of hurt.
Benzo withdrawal is the absolute worst of the worst and last SO long. We are talking like half a year and it could mess you up for life.

This category of drugs is nothing to mess around with! Seriously.

Klonopin is very strong. I am taking it for REM sleep disorder / Parkinsons's disease.
This is STRONG medication.

I cannot caution against doing what you are suggesting enough. I had a good friend on here who did just that and he is not okay.

I don?t understand why you would want to combine them unless your kpin isn?t holding you.

If that?s the case you should just get your doctor to increase the kpin dose or, ideally, go back to Valium or Librium because it sounds like you were stable on those (and would be my choice for long-term benzo therapy as well).

Assuming you cannot get more kpin or switch to Valium, yes you can mix the two to get more of an effect. I would recommend Xanax over etiz for panic attacks or long-term therapy personally.

I find etiz tolerance builds rapidly, moreso than Xanax for sure. And I will compulsively redoes etiz whereas I won?t for any other benzo.

They've been combined safely in many instances. Just be cautious and use harm reduction practices. Most of the time, combining 2 of any gabaergics, benzos, etc, it's best to keep both under common dosages.