The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Moving from PNW to montana

IcePoseidon

Greenlighter
I just moved to Montana. Is it just me or is it dry as fuck out here? I mean it?s probably a good thing since it forces me to be clean but it?s kinda weird compared to what I?m used to

I just moved to Montana. Is it just me or is it dry as fuck out here? I mean it?s probably a good thing since it forces me to be clean but it?s kinda weird compared to what I?m used to
Depends on what your drug of choice is? You'll have absolutely no problem finding meth. But other than that, yes MT is dry as fuck. Apart from the reckless alcoholism that prevades the culture.

Depends on where in Mt and as mentioned what exactly your looking for , but watch the rez , that's all federal and usually entire area on or off

Coasts are awesome too. Try dual citizenship for double the fun, right ! 💓👍🏼
I would love dual citizenship. I have quite a few friends up in Canada and, despite having flaws like everywhere else, it seems like a damn awesome place. I'm so close but I haven't visited yet. I need to get on hitting up Vancouver, B.C.

PNW isn’t all that IMO. Midwest coast is better (Great Lakes.)

I live out here too and can’t wait to move back. Don’t get me wrong it’s beyond beautiful and the coast is lovely but the people are not what I thought they would be. Everyone’s so concerned with their image it’s like California bled it’s stupid ideologies north. I’m good on all that.

I was expecting hippy central but all I got was this airy fake version of what I had back home. I think comparing the recycle programs of Midwest to PNW alone shows where the priorities lie.

-GC

PNW isn’t all that IMO. Midwest coast is better (Great Lakes.)

I live out here too and can’t wait to move back. Don’t get me wrong it’s beyond beautiful and the coast is lovely but the people are not what I thought they would be. Everyone’s so concerned with their image it’s like California bled it’s stupid ideologies north. I’m good on all that.

I was expecting hippy central but all I got was this airy fake version of what I had back home.

-GC
I came from Utah and the atmosphere here is a night and day difference. The overall lack of religion really makes it easy for me to find people I get along with. And the religious people I do know are, like, normal, not hyper-religious zealots like a lot of the Mormons back home.

I live on the So Cal coast, and I was raised here, but I have a lot of family, including my daughter, and only full sibling, in the PNW, i.e., Portland and Seattle.

It isn’t cheap living here. In all honesty, I’m ready to move to the PNW. I don’t have the $$ at the moment to repack everything here, (I just got my house 14 months ago) and to look for something new in the PNW while I deal with selling my place here.

I wish I’d just moved there, and skipped moving back here. I miss my daughter, and my idiot ex-boyfriend has just moved back here, and though I’d miss both my friends and sister, I want to leave.

I live on the So Cal coast, and I was raised here, but I have a lot of family, including my daughter, and only full sibling, in the PNW, i.e., Portland and Seattle.

It isn’t cheap living here. In all honesty, I’m ready to move to the PNW. I don’t have the $$ at the moment to repack everything here, (I just got my house 14 months ago) and to look for something new in the PNW while I deal with selling my place here.

I wish I’d just moved there, and skipped moving back here. I miss my daughter, and my idiot ex-boyfriend has just moved back here, and though I’d miss both my friends and sister, I want to leave.
It's starting to get really expensive up this way. In Washington, at least, I can't speak to Oregon. I'm lucky to have a solid living arrangement where I pay less than $600 a month, but most people I know here are paying $1200 or more for 1 or 2 bedroom apartments. One of the best bets, it seems, is to try to find a house for rent in an area away from the larger cities like Tacoma, Olympia, Seattle, etc.

$1200 is beyond reasonable for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment, compared to San Diego.
I was paying $1600 for a 2 bedroom place for 10 years, after I divorced my 2nd husband, but that’s because I was renting a condo that I lived in when I was married to my 1st husband. I stopped living there when COVID hit. They wanted to make some improvements and bring the rent up to market rate. It’s now renting for $2800 a month.
When I looked at places that were just 1bd/1ba, in less desirable parts of San Diego, the cheapest I found was $1800 a month. It was an older apt in a cool vintage building. It was not so vintage cool on the inside. I looked at studios, too. Those were $1300-$1800/month.

Whos the sniveling poof that thinks I insulted them by quoting " moving to montana" frank zappa lyrics?

How fuckin thinskinned can someone get

Whos the sniveling poof that thinks I insulted them by quoting " moving to montana" frank zappa lyrics?

How fuckin thinskinned can someone get
Multiple people interpretated it as an insult towards someone. Out of context lyrics be like that sometime. Sorry.

Do they clench their fists
hold their breath & run to their safe space before or after being whiney little snitches?

... dude just let it go. It was a misunderstanding. Someone thought it was directed at them, another poster responded to you which has since been deleted, and the mod read it as an insult too. Quit being a martyr