• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Gabapentin???

Hi Sunsoda-

If you don't have a tolerance, gabapentin helps mask withdrawal symptoms very well. It is a mood stabilizer. It helps with anxiety, the body temp issues, restlessness, sleep - basically all the symptoms.

Lyrica (Pregablin) does the same thing. They're pretty similar, with Lyrica being stronger.

I take both. Something I found, is even though Lyrica is the more potent of the two, I find Neurontin (gabapentin) more predictable and dependable.

There have been a few times I've taken Lyrica, and I didn't feel it, and it didn't help with w/d. It's important to note, that's rare, but it's still happened.

With no tolerance, and never using it before, or using it rarely, Lyrica would almost definitely work to alleviate withdrawal.

Neurontin, Lyrica, Buprenorphine (Subs), methadone - are pretty much the gold standard for withdrawal. Hope that helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kmcc-

If you're referring to Lyrica, it really is great for w/d. There were about 4-5 times, when they didn't help at all. I was still in severe w/d.

I have no idea why. But, hundreds of times, they were effective.

I had never taken it before. My mom gave me some and it makes me sleep like a baby which would probably be impossible right now. I'm on day 12 off oxymorphone and actually slept 11 hours last night :) I don't want a new habit. Will 600mg at night for a few weeks cause me any new issues?

^^ You'll be fine if you're only using them to help get you through detox for a few weeks.

I've had them prescribed for a few years, at a high dose. That's another story. In your case, you'll be fine. It's great that you got some sleep. Hang in there Sunsoda.

Me too. They didn't help nerve pain, but they do wonders for anxiety and panic.