• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

2 years clean

Johnny66o1

Greenlighter
Hello fellow blue lighters, I used to come to this forum with much more malicious intent but now I am 2 years clean off of everything except methadone and of which I have reduced by half. I used to be on 250 mg a day now I am more then 50% less.

I have recently found some comfort in trying to live/eat healthy and it seems to be helping but I only feel positive when/while I make healthy decisions. I wanted to see if there are any other people like me on here that want to view a more positive and happy life after opitates, the clinic that I go to unfortunately do not have many people serious about their recovery, sadly the majority are there to kick away PAWS while they are out of dope. I guess you can say I am looking for a online sponsor!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Congratulations Johnny66o1! If you don't mind my asking, what is your end goal? Is it to be methadone free? Is it to maintain methadone at this level? Is it to maintain methadone at a lower level? I ask this because if you are looking for an online sponsor it will be helpful to give your end goal so that someone with experience of attaining that end goal can make themselves available to you. Giving that information will help someone meet you where you are at.

Just wanted to congratulate you on the 2 years brotha! Wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors! This journey isn't easiest by any means. Keep doing what you're doing, you're on a great path!

Well done Johnny!

I definitely like making healthy choices and decisions. It really makes all the difference.

Congratulations on 2 years!

happy 2 years brother. much love from California.
I've been in AA since 2007 and I had two years in 2016, the most I've had
I've been struggling to stay clean, went to rehab and SLE in Santa Cruz last year.
A week ago I started taking valium and weed.
I'm old, 49, and I want to give up trying to get clean.
Anyways, 2 years your life begins ,I'm happy for you

Hey guys! 2023 now and I’m at 8 mgs.. just know there is a end to this bull shit, life is better then what we have been doing. Ty all for the well wishes
Hi (Day 15 clean - better every day)
Thats fantastic the End for you is truly in sight! You seem to have been succeeding without much support so far other than your reducing MMT script. What are your concerns and worries for the future? Do you have a support network that would be helpful to engage with? PAWS is a muthafucker especially if you have dependents in your life or a job to go to. Personally im far more likely to relapse during PAWS than acute withdrawl due to feelings of boredom, being generally unpleasant to be around (and hating myself for it), lack of motivation and huge energy loss. I have found benefit from doing little jobs round the house DIY and stuff, getting to the gym and being as productive as you can without overwhelming yourself. Try and remove any ability to score - take away the temptation and get out in the real world, interact with non druggy people - that strange breed that seem to just enjoy life for what it is :0
Good luck my friend

Hi (Day 15 clean - better every day)
Thats fantastic the End for you is truly in sight! You seem to have been succeeding without much support so far other than your reducing MMT script. What are your concerns and worries for the future? Do you have a support network that would be helpful to engage with? PAWS is a muthafucker especially if you have dependents in your life or a job to go to. Personally im far more likely to relapse during PAWS than acute withdrawl due to feelings of boredom, being generally unpleasant to be around (and hating myself for it), lack of motivation and huge energy loss. I have found benefit from doing little jobs round the house DIY and stuff, getting to the gym and being as productive as you can without overwhelming yourself. Try and remove any ability to score - take away the temptation and get out in the real world, interact with non druggy people - that strange breed that seem to just enjoy life for what it is :0
Good luck my friend
Honestly, I just had a baby, he’s now 15 months and to be honest… I’m already getting “paws” because from 250+ mg to 8 mg it no longer has ANY effect, it really is as if the dose is non existent. There us no “fun/enjoy things in it) I can’t say for sure how it will go, but honestly I’m doing this for my family and baby, I WILL NOT fail him. I can’t .. and that’s really my motivation

Honestly, I just had a baby, he’s now 15 months and to be honest… I’m already getting “paws” because from 250+ mg to 8 mg it no longer has ANY effect, it really is as if the dose is non existent. There us no “fun/enjoy things in it) I can’t say for sure how it will go, but honestly I’m doing this for my family and baby, I WILL NOT fail him. I can’t .. and that’s really my motivation

My daughter saved my life. I will NOT be a p.o.s drunk and user with paraphernalia in the house. She will never witness her mom or dad using. Congrats, you can do this. Our kids come before our desire to use. We only get one chance and we ain't about to fuck it up. We already know what drugs and alcohol do to us!

Mate cut it totally your prolonging the agony - just be prepared for a couple of weeks of nasty. With your mindset and determination you WILL be a great parent. Whats a few weeks of misery, being useless & depression ect when compared to the rest of your life? I swear things get better and you will smile again

My final pick up, going to get off at 8 mgs, I’m hoping it’s not going to be horrible, does anyone know what’s the latest that it will take withdrawls to start for someone thats on 8 mg?

No idea on the withdrawal, but I wish you all the best. Stay strong and remain dedicated!

Johnny I hope it goes ok for you; I am in the same boat as you
I take 16mg/day; I either want to continue taper down to 8mgs/day like yourself.
Then 5mg, 3mg, 1mg. then jump. I'm scared of acute withdrawals myself; but at 16mg/day I'm already getting restless legs in the morning at 16mgs.

I personally have these comfort meds on board,
Immodium
Clonidine
Pregabalin for aches n pains
Ibuprofen
Clonazepam
Benedryl (but can trigger restless legs)
If I cant hack it I have kratom which I will use for sure; then subutex if it gets too rough.

Then I gotta taper benzos. I take 1mg clonazepam for years; sigh